Sign in to follow this  
Torothin

Game gets dull after fully geared (suggestions for Arma 3)

Let's face it, after a little while the game gets old. You are fully geared, you have your NVG's, silenced M4/Bison SD, sniper rifle in bag, ghillie suite and so on. The only thing left to do is survive and hunt other players. There needs to be some sort of perk once duping is taken out. My suggestions are as follows:

1. Reward a specific weapon to players that survive a certain amount of in game time along with the amount of kills they get. Rocket launcher maybe? Special silenced side arm that is more powerful? Poison gas grenades?

2. Reward a special module for players that have survived a certain amount of time that have not committed several murders. The ability to have module to make blood bags? Something useful to the survivor mentality perhaps.

Either way, there needs to be rewards for endgame. Otherwise it gets dull within 3 weeks or so and the only thing left to do is hunt other players and it gets boring because there is never that chance where they have better gear than you. Thoughts?

Endgame? I hate endgame talk. Makes me think some themeparker is trying to turn this into another wow clone reskinned in a zombie apocolypse. Whats next? Mega zombies to raid 2x a week for gear?

And you before you scream did you read my post.... Yes I did. The idea of giving items to players more power than already in the game is a slippery slope best not touched at this time.

Endgame? I hate endgame talk. Makes me think some themeparker is trying to turn this into another wow clone reskinned in a zombie apocolypse. Whats next? Mega zombies to raid 2x a week for gear?

And you before you scream did you read my post.... Yes I did. The idea of giving items to players more power than already in the game is a slippery slope best not touched at this time.

It's almost impossible to help someone, everybody want kill you even if you dont have anything.

Well in sandboxes the end game is a player driven end game. The reason eve works is because you have bigger more expensive ships that people strive to work for as it is a sense of accomplishment. If this game wants to retain players and keep them coming back that need something. In no way am I comparing this to a theme park.

Well really what needs to happen is being locked to one server, so we can build actual bases. Not just some tiny little camps.

Then you can setup up trading posts, safe zones, medical camps, and other camps for long term survival. Allowing people to then get jobs.

After that we need some sort of AI event, where the military comes in to wipes everything out. Which gives you a chance to get rare, and new items.

Also we need side missions of clear out so, and so town/city. Which makes the zombies have a longer spawn timer if city is cleaned out in set amount of time. Giving you time to find loot, and building materials, or even build trading zones, fortify churches for refuge.

These things would add to realism, rather than perks/bonus for not killing people, or killing a lot of people. As the only thing you get for doing either in real life is what you get now, whatever you can steal of the people/camps, or what people give you for helping them.

Wait until someone executes a 'kill-all' command on the server you are in, and then enjoy the fun that is starting all over!

The game is what you make it...find a way to challenge yourself. Maybe go out of your way to help fresh spawns get off the coast and find good gear.

You are finding the game dull because you are not trying anything new.

Stop hunting and help other players.

Stop hunting and lose all your loot the second anyone else see you.

fxd

All bad ideas.

People camp in the woods to survive and get epic loot?

Very bad idea

Helping other players? Yeah right, let's face it. The only time this game is fun is when you first start out and are trying your best to survive. After that, it gets old fast.

dayz have no relations to arma 3.

if you want zombie game - wait for dayz standalone.

this is really pissing me off when people see upcoming game only as framework for zombies.

and all this shit about unlocks and rewards is just hilarious. this is not cod/bf.

Dayz will be a selling point for Arma 3.... trying to survive is easy, not really a challenge when you are properly geared.

Um none of your suggestions would make the game less "dull" for you... it's just giving you more gear for free. Not more things to do. Sounds like you're just lying.

On this alpha test, in my opinion, our aim is to fix bugs and add features.

First is the need of bug fixing, then add feature and fix feature-related bugs and repeat.

You are asking for features, just wait, it's an alpha.

Why on earth would I be lying? There is nothing to do after you are fully geared. All I need to do is hunt animals, fill my water bottles, and shoot the odd player....

On this alpha test' date=' in my opinion, our aim is to fix bugs and add features.

First is the need of bug fixing, then add feature and fix feature-related bugs and repeat.

[/quote']

Agreed and I am making a suggestion in order to retain players. MMO players need goals/something to strive for. Otherwise they lose interest.

dayz have no relations to arma 3.

if you want zombie game - wait for dayz standalone.

this is really pissing me off when people see upcoming game only as framework for zombies.

and all this shit about unlocks and rewards is just hilarious. this is not cod/bf.

lol this guy ^^^

I'm pretty sure i read that dayz will be ported to arma3. AND that rocket is working or has worked with the devs in the past/present/future... Seems fairly related to me..

but...

i kinda have to laugh at "i want to build towns and give people jobs" that is just... i can't even begin to explain how BAD any suggestion that would alter the game from it's current state is.

just don't.

Well in sandboxes the end game is a player driven end game. The reason eve works is because you have bigger more expensive ships that people strive to work for as it is a sense of accomplishment. If this game wants to retain players and keep them coming back that need something. In no way am I comparing this to a theme park.

EVE has conquest. That's a bit more than just ships and ship parts...

Have you considered working with the freeside trading post?

If that's not for you maybe create your own organization or join an existing one?

In DayZ you are responsible for providing your own objectives..

The type of reward system you're talking about doesn't seem in line with the spirit of Day Z, Imho.

If all else fails to remedy your boredom, there Is always the respawn button. :)

Strange suggestion?

You're basically saying the end game is too hard, then you want rewards for getting there, making it even easier?

Go on a massive rampage, see how many Z's you can kill :D

Then die and start again.

EVE is also what? 10 years old? has a team of devs working on it, and is probably the greatest sandbox ever made.

Sounds like an awesome basis for comparison O.o...

Strange suggestion?

You're basically saying the end game is too hard' date=' then you want rewards for getting there, making it even easier?

Go on a massive rampage, see how many Z's you can kill :D

Then die and start again.

[/quote']

this is what i do most of the times i get fully geared, empty my guns into the zombies, scare the shits out of the other survivors when doing so...:D

Why on earth would I be lying? There is nothing to do after you are fully geared. All I need to do is hunt animals' date=' fill my water bottles, and shoot the odd player....

[hr']

On this alpha test' date=' in my opinion, our aim is to fix bugs and add features.

[/quote']

Agreed and I am making a suggestion in order to retain players. MMO players need goals/something to strive for. Otherwise they lose interest.

How the FUCK is giving fully geared players more gear "something to do?"

Not too bright are you.