DarthYodaSoda

as a server owner, how do i find out territory flag pole owners?

im trying to figure out how to find out the owner of a territory flag. is there a way to find that out? or do i need to use a mod.

Just check the servers ADM logfile in the profile folder. All placements of flag pole kits will be logged to it like this:

20:38:12 | Player "SomeDude" (id=UNHGukygNUgbN jBKIYTUiuHHmmMHTYGnyn= pos=<4658.0, 10323.2, 339.0>) placed Flag Pole Kit

When I hosted a server I kept those files forever and when I needed to find something I just opened them all in Notepad++ and used "Find in all opened documents". Just search for "flag pole kit".

If there have been a lot of flag pole kits placed on the server you will probably get a log of results, but since you know the coordinates of the one you are interested in you can probably find it.

I don't know if there is a better way.

Edit: You might need to set "adminLogPlacement = 1;" in the serverDZ.cfg in order for it to log those actions if you haven't already. I don't think it's there by default. If not, then it's not logged who placed that flag pole and I'm not sure it's possible to find out who owns it.

Edited by NoBeansForMe
  • Thanks 1

On 6/10/2023 at 2:46 PM, NoBeansForMe said:

Just check the servers ADM logfile in the profile folder. All placements of flag pole kits will be logged to it like this:

20:38:12 | Player "SomeDude" (id=UNHGukygNUgbN jBKIYTUiuHHmmMHTYGnyn= pos=<4658.0, 10323.2, 339.0>) placed Flag Pole Kit

When I hosted a server I kept those files forever and when I needed to find something I just opened them all in Notepad++ and used "Find in all opened documents". Just search for "flag pole kit".

If there have been a lot of flag pole kits placed on the server you will probably get a log of results, but since you know the coordinates of the one you are interested in you can probably find it.

I don't know if there is a better way.

Edit: You might need to set "adminLogPlacement = 1;" in the serverDZ.cfg in order for it to log those actions if you haven't already. I don't think it's there by default. If not, then it's not logged who placed that flag pole and I'm not sure it's possible to find out who owns it.

thats what i thought but there are no logs for that i only see raise and lower flag logs and i do have that placement log set to 1

I missed one flag I've also set to 1 in my config:

adminLogBuildActions = 1;

I also start my server with the argument -adminlog. If none of these makes a different I don't know why it's not logging it. The log entry I posted above was me placing a flag pole kit on my test server and it logged it right away.

Edited by NoBeansForMe

1 hour ago, NoBeansForMe said:

I missed one flag I've also set to 1 in my config:

adminLogBuildActions = 1;

I also start my server with the argument -adminlog. If none of these makes a different I don't know why it's not logging it. The log entry I posted above was me placing a flag pole kit on my test server and it logged it right away.

yea i got that enabled aswell. hmm

Strange. This is what I get when I log in with adminLogPlacement = 1; spawn a flag pole kit in vppadmintools, build it and raise the flag.

AdminLog started on 2023-06-12 at 17:14:33
17:15:26 | Player "TestNick" is connected (id=BYTFbvytfbTJVbtryVTRvbTHRCrhteVBChvretCTest=)
17:16:25 | Player "TestNick" (id=BYTFbvytfbTJVbtryVTRvbTHRCrhteVBChvretCTest= pos=<4647.5, 10338.1, 339.0>) placed Flag Pole Kit
17:16:49 | Player "TestNick" (id=BYTFbvytfbTJVbtryVTRvbTHRCrhteVBChvretCTest= pos=<4644.7, 10338, 339.6>) has raised Flag_Altis on TerritoryFlag at <4643.467773, 339.000000, 10338.107422>

If I set adminLogPlacement = 0; and do the same procedure I get this:

AdminLog started on 2023-06-12 at 17:20:58
17:21:34 | Player "TestNick" is connected (id=BYTFbvytfbTJVbtryVTRvbTHRCrhteVBChvretCTest=)
17:22:42 | Player "TestNick" (id=BYTFbvytfbTJVbtryVTRvbTHRCrhteVBChvretCTest= pos=<4637.3, 10350.9, 339.0>) has raised Flag_Bohemia on TerritoryFlag at <4637.254883, 339.000000, 10352.299805>

So are you sure you got adminLogPlacement = 1; cause that's seems to be the setting for logging flag pole kit placements.

Edited by NoBeansForMe

Yeah, that sounds like it could be it.

Is it "Instant Flag" at https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2812309047 you are using?

Edit: I tried it and when used it doesn't get logged to the ADM file when someone places a flag pole.

I made a mod called "LogFlagPolePlacement" that logs flag pole placements to a separate log file in your server's profile folder. You can get it here if you want to try it: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2988841676

I noticed you get a crash log when you use the "Instant Flag" mod mentioned above (the game and server doesn't go down though). You get that crash log regardless if you use my mod combined with it or not, so it's not my mods fault even though it is mentioned in the crash log as well if you run them both.

On 6/13/2023 at 11:59 AM, NoBeansForMe said:

Yeah, that sounds like it could be it.

Is it "Instant Flag" at https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2812309047 you are using?

Edit: I tried it and when used it doesn't get logged to the ADM file when someone places a flag pole.

I made a mod called "LogFlagPolePlacement" that logs flag pole placements to a separate log file in your server's profile folder. You can get it here if you want to try it: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2988841676

I noticed you get a crash log when you use the "Instant Flag" mod mentioned above (the game and server doesn't go down though). You get that crash log regardless if you use my mod combined with it or not, so it's not my mods fault even though it is mentioned in the crash log as well if you run them both.

YEA THATS THE MOD I USE

On 6/13/2023 at 11:59 AM, NoBeansForMe said:

server side mod i assume