Kyiara

💡​​​​​​​DayZ myths

Posted (edited)

It seems that this whole thread was unfortunately only a filler for the past summertime-gap and it`s abandoned since then.

At least they should have the courage to say: "sorry, we cancelled this idea!" and delete the whole thread.

Seriously, I would be kind of embarrassed if I were in their place. But you could tell from the beginning how kyiara narrowed down the originally interesting question more and more until there was nothing left of it, because otherwise everything was too specific, technical or simply thematically undesirable.

Edited by RenDark2000

On 1/29/2024 at 6:41 AM, Bartboyblu said:

One that comes to mind is that when a zombie is on top of a roof it's been said that this means another player has been nearby. Never found anything to corroborate this and I have found one thread stating this is just bad AI for zombie spawns.

Absolutely not !

Sometimes the Zs spawn inside buildings, sometimes on top of roofs and sometimes I've even seen them inside walls... both in areas completely inaccessible to players and (it happened to me once) half-length on the floor (in a Police Station).
These are all flaws in the game, any nearby players have nothing to do with it.
Then it may happen that someone manages to lock a Z inside a building... more easily sheds or garages... but also in some buildings... however it is not an absolute rule, it could also be a random spawn of the game.

P.S.
I've seen them often on my personal server where I mostly play alone.
And while I'm at it, it also happens to find spawns of civilian objects inside military dormitories. They are NOT always players who have made a change, sometimes (rarely) it is the game itself that generates those objects "by mistake". And I'm very sure of this, because I found things like this in my personal vanilla server after starting it and without anyone else setting foot on it. And I didn't change the "<usage name="Xyz"/> of the "types.xml" file.
It's well known that the item spawn system isn't exactly... "perfect"... 😦

On 4/21/2024 at 2:35 AM, RenDark2000 said:

It seems that this whole thread was unfortunately only a filler for the past summertime-gap and it`s abandoned since then.

At least they should have the courage to say: "sorry, we cancelled this idea!" and delete the whole thread.

Seriously, I would be kind of embarrassed if I were in their place. But you could tell from the beginning how kyiara narrowed down the originally interesting question more and more until there was nothing left of it, because otherwise everything was too specific, technical or simply thematically undesirable.

Hi, It was not cancelled, but unfortunately, the streams were limited to updates only due to a manpower issue, and it was put on hold. The idea is still being tracked, and we hope to get back to it.
I apologize for not informing you about this sooner. I am aware that the initial "it might take slightly longer" status was changed to "on hold" without prior notice.

• Like 1