Sign in to follow this  
theOnlyDrSalamy

pbo export Road asset Error

Hey everybody,

i have already posted this in the Arma 3 Terrain Builder forum, but no one there could help with this problem, so Im trying my luck here.

For the last week or so I have been getting into Terrain Builder to create my own custom Map. So far, I have been stumbling my way through the process with the help of tutorials and forum posts.

Up until now, I have managed to somehow solve the numerous Problems that present themselves through the very unintuitiv process of using Terrain Builder. But now I have encountered an error that I just cant understand, and there seems to be nobody on the Internet that had the same problem

Here is the Problem:

When I try placing roads, I can place the Road Parts and edit them in Buldozer, no problem. But when I try to export my map to .pbo, I always get the same error message:

"A binarised copy of DZ\structures\roads\parts\mud_6.p3d is missing and needs to be built in temp"

I have tried using different methods like using Shape Lines, using the Road Tool, just placing Roads like objects, reloading the asset library into the Project, unpacking the Game Data again with dayz2p. I have even completely re-installed dayz and dayz tools. Nothing works.

Can anybody help me with this Problem?

Thx

"A binarised copy of DZ\structures\roads\parts\mud_6.p3d is missing and needs to be built in temp"
  Do as it asks  in on your temp folder   add a binarised p3d as asked  in that folder structure . Bohemia tools could never work with its  own format  , this is why Buildings  never showed  up on Arma  maps when custom made without pasting them in the temp folder structure 

"C:\Users\pcname\AppData\Local\Temp"   this is where the  files to be binarised are  copied to before packed  . 

On 6/6/2023 at 8:16 PM, ofp2 said:

Do as it asks  in on your temp folder   add a binarised p3d as asked  in that folder structure . Bohemia tools could never work with its  own format  , this is why Buildings  never showed  up on Arma  maps when custom made without pasting them in the temp folder structure 

"C:\Users\pcname\AppData\Local\Temp"   this is where the  files to be binarised are  copied to before packed  . 

Thank you for your answer!

What exactly is the difference between a binarised and a non-binarised p3d? And where do I find/make the binarised p3d?

On 6/14/2023 at 7:06 PM, theOnlyDrSalamy said:

Thank you for your answer!

What exactly is the difference between a binarised and a non-binarised p3d? And where do I find/make the binarised p3d?

The difference is  that the  tool cannot  place  a binarised  p3d in the temp folder  where it will compile the finished addon and make reffreces from , in order to  counteract this you have to make the  folder and file structure yourself in the temp folder .   this is for things  like Class house , Map building  / hide   and other proerties  for the WRP and such