caik

Wire wire everywhere but not a drop to ….

Guessing this must be an official feature. A week in and we’ve still not found any wire for a gate. Only badly damaged barbed wire when crafted to wire degrades and is ruined.

Also not seen any bases other than shelters and stashes. Anyone seen any bases up yet on official?

Edit: just came across three wires…

Edited by caik

Well it's still a bit early, especially for those who don't play for hours every day. First you need to build the character, also going around military areas... then, since a "Wipe" has just passed, it would be appropriate to take possession of some vehicle, until as there are still free ones on the map, and accessories are needed (other hours of research), then for a base you need a lot of nails and whetstones, not so common... Give it time... and you'll see that something will come out. But I think what you will find will be little stuff or some attempts by some inexperienced player. For big clans (if they play fair) you have to give them time to find everything needed... and for individuals, if they are experts, you should never find anything, otherwise they are not "real experts" 😁

• Beans 1

@Riddick_2K Too true, nobodies an expert at this game because it is so hard (compared to other titles). But… I’ve been alive since the wipe (26 hours on a busy official), built a three gate base, raided sympathetically twice and rebuilt. Can’t wait to fill up with dross loot again and maybe bump into a raider sooner or later.

Seen one other pathetic base, nowhere near as expertly built as mine 🤠.

@RenDark2000 Thankyou for the expert advice👍

• Beans 1

1 hour ago, caik said:

@Riddick_2K Too true, nobodies an expert at this game because it is so hard (compared to other titles). (cut)

Well, it's not that difficult, more than anything else and very very complex, it really has a lot of variables, and often, with each patch, they change them, and not always well or to the player's advantage. Then it's also a very very long and slow game... It's definitely not a "enter and shoot". Not counting the flaws that, unfortunately, also add to each patch. Even WikiDayZ doesn't help much, precisely because it's a very complex game that changes (even a lot, sometimes) with each patch... You lose days and days of playing to try and understand many things... and often, above all as far as it's about "player interactions", when you've learned something new, you're also dead and you have to start everything again from scratch... more hours/days of play just to get yourself back to where you left off. I have a fair amount of experience with vanilla vehicles, but I did it on my personal server, otherwise, if all your experience is based solely and exclusively on public servers, you will never try certain things and you will always remain "zero experience". This is DayZ too. In my opinion, getting the vehicles to work WELL should be THE main priority, and then putting more of them and with a system that makes them more findable / usable by players. Maybe no longer make them "eternal" but with an "expiration without use" and NOT updatable only by a flag. But until they get them right, they're more dangerous than helpful.
And about the bases, getting experience on those is one of the slowest things there is, because they are hard to make, they require a lot of material and a lot of work (and that's right), but they are too easy to disassemble and they don't give any real protection... either the big stone houses, to tell the truth, since the bullets pass even the big stone walls... another bad defect of DayZ since ever...
As I said... it's not that it's "difficult", it's that it's very very complex... very very slow... and very very badly done/defective... all this makes "gaining experience" very long. And with each patch, many of the things you've learned are NOT valid anymore and you just have to learn more... It's a "continuous battle", not only "in the game", but also (unfortunately) "against the game"...

P.S.

My advice: if you want to stay alive longer, avoid full servers, avoid interactions with anyone, move around the game very carefully even if there are only a few of you in the game (even just one player, you might find him around the next corner... and if you see him first, that's fine, if he sees you first, you could very easily die) and follow the players' progress on "Battlemetrics" to see the times of day when the server is less populated, if you have to do something "dangerous" (loot in military zones, for example). With a doll, a few "wipes" ago ... I managed to get 11 days of game before the next wipe. It's that it's not the only one I have in the game, I often play with both official "hives" (normal & HC), as well as my 2 personal servers (Vanilla & Modded) and, sometimes, even in modded servers of others... Especially with the pandemic I really played a little too much. Now I'll try to "slow down" a little and also recover a little "external life" (the real one) 😁

Edited by Riddick_2K
  • Beans 2

hehe. yeh, Riddick is absolutely right,

you can be as cautious as f.... they will for sure occure suddenly behind you!

but if you are in a good position and you have seen the stranger first then simply point with your weapon on him 

-if loaded or not: he doesn`t know- and then wait for the reaction. try it out: Most people will run into another direction...

Edited by RenDark2000