Pouncer012

Help! DayZ Server Unreachable

Hey I have a dedicated server running at home, actual server. DayZ Server installed, updated properly. All ports have been opened in Firewall and Port Forwarding correctly.

Only thing I can think of that isn't allowing it to be reachable is by the internet setup at home.

Fiber Incoming > Eero router (with 1 network line to come out) > Eero Fed to a switch > Switch Feeds to NetGear Router for other WiFi needs.

Anyone have tips on this would be super amazing.

Well, I guess let's start with the basics and tell us what you've done in terms of troubleshooting.  For example, if you ping that server from another computer on the network, do you get a response back or is it timed out?  Are you running some version of Windows Server on that box?  Could it be a permissions issue?  Tell us the things you've tried and then maybe we can suggest something you haven't tried.

12 hours ago, drgullen said:

Well, I guess let's start with the basics and tell us what you've done in terms of troubleshooting.  For example, if you ping that server from another computer on the network, do you get a response back or is it timed out?  Are you running some version of Windows Server on that box?  Could it be a permissions issue?  Tell us the things you've tried and then maybe we can suggest something you haven't tried.

Well sorry, I was going to start with basics. But as an IT guy myself, I was trying to grab the attention of those who may know if my setup may be the problem or not. So that's why I didn't setup a generic troubleshoot "help me" type scenario. Sorry for that.

I can ping internally cause it's on the same network, so that works fine.

If I ping it from like work, I get a response of all 4 packets 2-3 ms each.

Windows 11 Pro is actually running the server. Works just about the same as if I ran Server 2019 or Server 2016.

Permissions issues shouldn't be it. I run another game off this server already and it's setup the same way. Just open ports and port forwarding and done. Just not liking it with DayZ for some reason.

I've added the beta files for it as well, that changed nothing.

I have found out that DayZ needs the normal port, query, BattlEye, and RCON ports all opened up. I have set them all to the defaults it already sets them at and have opened them and did the port forwarding on the network as well.

I've uninstalled ALL files and even scrubbed it out of Registry. Reinstalling went smoothly, reopened the ports same way and still get the issue.

Hello,

I have posted here as my problem seems relevant to the original post. Perhaps it may be a larger issue.

I have been running a LAN server on a separate PC for over 1 year now. With no changes made to the PC, the server became unreachable shortly after the 1.21 update. I firstly validated the server files and then with that not working, reinstalled the server twice…with no effect. I have tried installing the experimental version and the same thing happens.  

On 5/27/2023 at 11:37 AM, Jellyman5264 said:

Hello,

I have posted here as my problem seems relevant to the original post. Perhaps it may be a larger issue.

I have been running a LAN server on a separate PC for over 1 year now. With no changes made to the PC, the server became unreachable shortly after the 1.21 update. I firstly validated the server files and then with that not working, reinstalled the server twice…with no effect. I have tried installing the experimental version and the same thing happens.  

Yep, I have other games running on the same machine. This thing is a custom powerhouse, so I've got 3 other games running on it just fine. But something about this update doesn't allow it to be seen or reachable. Kinda making me wonder what they did as well.