Kyiara

Stable Update 1.21

On 6/7/2023 at 5:14 PM, Infernales said:

To run a server with mods under Linux, you need install perl-rename package. Some distributions have already replaced the default rename with perl-rename. To find out, just run the command with the --version:

XV1wf5V.png

CsiB3dz.png

For example, install two mods CF and Community-Online-Tools:
1. Copy folders 1559212036 and 1564026768 from /path/to/steamapps/workshop/content/221100/ to the server folder.
2. Create a mods.sh file in the server folder:

#!/bin/sh
cd "/path/to/dayz/server/"
find 1559212036 -depth -exec perl-rename -v 's/(.*)\/([^\/]*)/$1\/\L$2/' {} \;
find 1564026768 -depth -exec perl-rename -v 's/(.*)\/([^\/]*)/$1\/\L$2/' {} \;

3. chmod u+x /path/to/mods.sh
4. Run mods.sh
5. After that, add the keys to the mods, as on the server under Windows, to the "keys" folder.

As you can see, this is not such a critical problem. It's enough just to warn everyone about it and that's it.
Should I describe creating a unit for systemd so that the server starts automatically and automatically restarts after a crash?

P.S. I forgot to add that if rename is replaced in the distribution with perl-rename, then in the mods.sh script, replace perl-rename with rename to make it work.

Why not to do a simple link to the folder?

Or "ln" not a part of most std Linux distributions?

Like:

$ ln -s ~/steamcmd/steamapps/workshop/221100/%MOD-ID% %PATCH-TO-DAYZ-SERVER%

And then make a section in startserver.sh with steamcmd update checking and it's shall be done. Except those cases when mods devs will change their keys or will update 'em for no reason.

On 6/7/2023 at 12:41 PM, Kyiara said:

Both the setting and the workshop are related to Steam.
Sadly we have to. The game could also be negatively affected by players with such issues.
If you try to rejoin the servers within the 15 seconds of the server saving your character, you will not be allowed to join until those 15 seconds are over (the character is still on the server)

The ping issue may not be just due to the past updates, as the networks themselves can get worse over time as well or have temporary issues. Also, there was maintenance on the route to our servers this week, which could also be affecting this, and the wireless connection itself may be unstable due to many reasons that could have changed in the past months.

If the issues keep happening, you can always create a ticket here, and it could be looked into more deeply.

Thank you for your response.

The issue about kicking players with more than 300 ms in ping is inconsistent with the new Disconnection Warning information feature.
As per the screenshot below, in-game information explains you can not exceed 10 000 ms of latency or you will be disconnected, marked in purple.
I find it odd that if you would respond less than half a second late you will also get kicked. Why the 10 extra seconds for players who never respond?
Shouldn't the reverse be more fitting of a good network connectivity policy? I.e. allow players a maximum 10 seconds to respond and kick those that never respond within 300 ms.
At the very least allow 10 seconds of high ping without kicking players?

dayzconnectivityinfo.jpg

Edited by vitdom
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, vitdom said:

Thank you for your response.

The issue about kicking players with more than 300 ms in ping is inconsistent with the new Disconnection Warning information feature.
As per the screenshot below, in-game information explains you can not exceed 10 000 ms of latency or you will be disconnected, marked in purple.
I find it odd that if you would respond less than half a second late you will also get kicked. Why the 10 extra seconds for players who never respond?
Shouldn't the reverse be more fitting of a good network connectivity policy? I.e. allow players a maximum 10 seconds to respond and kick those that never respond within 300 ms.
At the very least allow 10 seconds of high ping without kicking players?

dayzconnectivityinfo.jpg

i completly agree with u, i have same problem in official servers and its annoying me really bad, if my ping goes more than 300 for 1 seconds ( or even less than one seconds) i get kicked.
and then i have to wait full server, one of the many reasons i stoped playing dayz is because of this reason to be honest,
its not fun to wait for full server.
even if u get kicked at least allow players who got kicked within 1 minutes to rejoin without queue...
i remember i had a forum about this a while ago ...
https://forums.dayz.com/topic/251934-getting-kicked-in-official-servers/?tab=comments#comment-2475204

• Beans 1

23 hours ago, Sid Debian said:

Why not to do a simple link to the folder?

Or "ln" not a part of most std Linux distributions?

Like:

$ ln -s ~/steamcmd/steamapps/workshop/221100/%MOD-ID% %PATCH-TO-DAYZ-SERVER%

And then make a section in startserver.sh with steamcmd update checking and it's shall be done. Except those cases when mods devs will change their keys or will update 'em for no reason.

Because it's more convenient for me and I don't store the game client on the server. Why create a script to start the server if you can create a systemd unit into which you can push a script to automatically update the server via steamcmd on restart?

Edited by Infernales

8 minutes ago, Infernales said:

Because it's more convenient for me and I don't store the game client on the server. Why create a script to start the server if you can create a systemd unit into which you can push a script to automatically update the server via steamcmd on restart?

Well your server - your way to **ck your system. I won't do that way.

1 hour ago, Sid Debian said:

Well your server - your way to **ck your system. I won't do that way.

Why do I need to store the game client on the server if I can download the mods I need using wget? Why do I need extra scripts to start the server, if I can control it from systemd, like a daemon? If you want to complicate your life, then this is your right, I am not obliged to obey it.

UPD.
It is even easier to make a script for auto-updating a server with mods via steamcmd:

~/Servers/steamcmd_linux/steamcmd.sh +force_install_dir ~/Servers/DayZ/ +login username +app_update 223350 +workshop_download_item 221100 1559212036 +workshop_download_item 221100 1564026768 +quit
ln -s ~/Servers/DayZ/steamapps/workshop/content/221100/1559212036 ~/Servers/DayZ/1559212036
ln -s ~/Servers/DayZ/steamapps/workshop/content/221100/1564026768 ~/Servers/DayZ/1564026768
cd ~/Servers/DayZ/steamapps/workshop/content/221100/
find 1559212036 -depth -exec perl-rename -v 's/(.*)\/([^\/]*)/$1\/\L$2/' {} \;
find 1564026768 -depth -exec perl-rename -v 's/(.*)\/([^\/]*)/$1\/\L$2/' {} \;
ln -s ~/Servers/DayZ/steamapps/workshop/content/221100/1559212036/keys/* ~/Servers/DayZ/keys/

Next, specify its launch in the systemd unit in ExecStartPre and it will update on reboot or when the daemon is restarted. BTW, in this case, even the problem with the keys will not be what you were talking about.

Edited by Infernales
UPD

PC Stable 1.21 Update 3 - Version 1.21.156300 (Released on 20.06.2023)

GAME

FIXED

SERVER

• Fixed: Kills by AI were not logged correctly in the admin logs

MODDING

• Fixed: Server crash when the players parent hierarchy was deleted (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T172795)
  • Changed: When the parent of a player is deleted, the player will now remain at their current world transformation
  • Like 2
  • Beans 1