DPLOCS

Unusual happenings.....

Hello fellow survivors,

I am somewhat new to DayZ and I enjoy it. Even getting killed has some extent of excitement around it, I live how intense it can be.

As with all players you will eventually come up against some fishy stuff.

So I fell foul of stream sniping, server reset and didn't add an overlay so when I went to rejoin the server the server details showed up, that's totally fine. I was complacent as I usually only stream to a few people who are always super cool individuals who enjoy the streams, I have show server info disabled bit when you click on play it shows the server details so they where able to identify the server from that so it was a poop sandwich I just had to take a bite.

(I know who the ring leader the stream sniping came from after doing some basic investigatory work, I was born at night but not last night and people are stupid and brag about it) I was able to quickly identify that there was stream sniping that is fine but I have a question about cheats/hacks. This all happened on an official server.

I had some observations of the movements which quickly led me to the stream sniping belief but there was some odd observations;

-when I was first killed along with a friend of mine we didn't hear a single shot. Not even a silenced shot. We where in the woods at the time and both died like a split second off each other. Maybe coincidental but in hindsight it was shortly after we had rejoined the server after server reset.

-The individuals where able to get to me no matter where I spawned within seconds whether it was in the north east (like right up the top) or in the south or wherever I went.

-They could sprint continously as if they had unlimited stamina

-One came up to me and dropped around 20 cans of dog food, dog food isn't commonly found from what I have gathered especially in such a quantity.

-When one came right up to me (started using racial slurs etc) as I was moving away glowsticks kept dropping from my character.

Does the game not use an anti cheat or anything and what should we do if we come across these things on an official server?

Obviously lessons have been learned, overlay added now, changed to another server and so on.

Other than that though I've had a great time up until then. Been playing with friends and having a blast really enjoyed it.

Thanks in advance for amy responses and taking the time to read this rather wordy post.