Sign in to follow this  
rundomize

Aftermath servers: abusing player base

Hello.
I recently discovered the Aftermath servers, there is a good set of mods, an interesting drop system, no too bad lags, in general, everything is quite interesting.
I got to the DayZ Aftermath Chernarus EU1 server, where I found the "RTC" clan, these are several people constantly on duty online, allowing themselves rude comments without any consequences from administration (despite rules against it) and constantly raiding the bases of all players on the server. I have nothing against it, everyone plays the way they wish, totally respected.

I got these guys talking, started discussing aspects of the game with them in the hope of catching some useful information and at one point I realized that the guys had made a huge mistake. During conversations in the global chat, one of them clearly outlined the information that can be obtained exclusively through the use of admin privileges, namely, he said that I do not have a base on this map. That is, yes, there was no construction pole attached to my character on the server and this information cannot be obtained by means of an ordinary player IN ANY WAY.
When I pointed that fact out, immediately another player from the same clan reported what weapon my character was holding in hands a few minutes ago.

This is 100% proof that whole bunch of Aftermath servers are spoiled.
Thus, you cannot be sure that any time you are killed on this server were not caused by use of dishonest methods by admins with whom you had crossed paths in some way earlier. I am quite sure that not only me, but also many other players will not want to play in such conditions.

If anyone can give a plausible explanation of where an ordinary player might get such information, I ask you to share it with me here.
As long as there is no such explanation, I strongly recommend that all self-respecting players avoid Aftermath servers.
Thank you.

58 minutes ago, rundomize said:

Hello.
I recently discovered the Aftermath servers, there is a good set of mods, an interesting drop system, no too bad lags, in general, everything is quite interesting.
I got to the DayZ Aftermath Chernarus EU1 server, where I found the "RTC" clan, these are several people constantly on duty online, allowing themselves rude comments without any consequences from administration (despite rules against it) and constantly raiding the bases of all players on the server. I have nothing against it, everyone plays the way they wish, totally respected.

I got these guys talking, started discussing aspects of the game with them in the hope of catching some useful information and at one point I realized that the guys had made a huge mistake. During conversations in the global chat, one of them clearly outlined the information that can be obtained exclusively through the use of admin privileges, namely, he said that I do not have a base on this map. That is, yes, there was no construction pole attached to my character on the server and this information cannot be obtained by means of an ordinary player IN ANY WAY.
When I pointed that fact out, immediately another player from the same clan reported what weapon my character was holding in hands a few minutes ago.

This is 100% proof that whole bunch of Aftermath servers are spoiled.
Thus, you cannot be sure that any time you are killed on this server were not caused by use of dishonest methods by admins with whom you had crossed paths in some way earlier. I am quite sure that not only me, but also many other players will not want to play in such conditions.

If anyone can give a plausible explanation of where an ordinary player might get such information, I ask you to share it with me here.
As long as there is no such explanation, I strongly recommend that all self-respecting players avoid Aftermath servers.
Thank you.

Hello sir!

i already played together with the RTC clan. noone is cheating, no one is using admintools.  They were just trolling you my dear 😘

When you play on the same server FOR YEARS.... you notice when someone is new in town.

i was not there, but i can only guess you were asking basic questions indicating that you were new to the server.

If you really think they are cheating, just tell the admins in aftermath discord! they are hella active and spectate alot.  But i can quarantee you all of them are clean.

And concerning the weapon... ever thought about the fact that someone from them saw you in the trader with that weapon?!

stop being so paranoid and count 1 and 1 together.

best regards

Edited by LennyS-cbe65eb8a29b70ab

>> They were just trolling you my dear

Trolling, giving out information which may only be obtained by using out-of-game instruments? Are you ok?

>> If you really think they are cheating, just tell the admins in aftermath discord! 

tell the admins that they are using their admin tools to abuse their community? No, it is obvious you are not ok.

>> And concerning the weapon... ever thought about the fact that someone from them saw you in the trader with that weapon?!

I wouldn't say this if it would be a case. I was not at trader this day, I never meet any player this day. You defending them because you are one of them, and it is ok.

This discussion is not for you, it is for those players who wish to check if their experience will be good or bad on particular servers.

AFTERMATH servers = no go.

Hello I own Aftermath servers and I can assure you that no admins are members of the group RTC. I have run the servers for over 4 years now with a small trusted admin team. We have 8 servers that are usually full and we would not be able to achieve and maintain that by blatant abuse of our community.
We have spent thousands of hours developing mods and running these servers to create a unique experience for players so to jeopardise that in this way would be ridiculous to even consider.

I'm sure you are aware that we have our own base building mod on the server? Well if you press J it opens up a territory menu that lists all players who are not a member of a group in order to invite people to your bases territory. That is a simple way for players to see if a player is part of a territory or not. I feel you have just become a victim of trolls and putt 2 and 2 together to make 5.

If you feel someone may have cheated in order to see your gun then I urge you to make a ticket with times this was said so i can check your coordinates and see if anyone else was present at the time of the conversation.

I hate cheaters/abusers as it makes server owners/admins lives a misery whilst trying to maintain a fair playing environment for all.
If you wish to discuss these matters further then please contact me in discord or make a ticket and i'll be happy to go through your concerns with you.

>> Well if you press J it opens up a territory menu that lists all players who are not a member of a group in order to invite people to your bases territory. That is a simple way for players to see if a player is part of a territory or not.

Now. Try to understand situation again. Your admin told me that I have NO BASE. So I had NO TERRITORY. How could he get that information without using admin instruments? I have no pole to press J at. If you press J at another pole, will you see what? That my name is absent? You should see ALL the poles and ALL the names attached to them to see that I don't have a base. It's a simple fact that take 5 seconds from an individual with basic logic skills, man.

>> putt 2 and 2 together to make 5.

Now, if you read slowly and carefully, you will see it's 4.

>> I feel you have just become a victim of trolls

lol, ok

If you are not one of those RTC people, then I have bad news for you: you get screwed by your own admins. You may let me admin access to your server Chernarus EU1 and I will tell you who and how own your ASS ETS.

Hi I think you are confused how the J menu works. You don't have to be at a pole to press J. Anyone can press J at any time regardless of being at a pole or not. The J menu opens up a page that lists ALL players NOT on a territory in order to be able to invite people so if you are not on a territory it will show you on a list, therefore anyone can see you don't have a base as you will show on the list if you do not have a base. Looking at the chat logs its pretty obvious you were being trolled and its impossible for any of my admins to abuse as I can see logs of everything they do.

You asked if anyone can give a plausible explanation on your original post and that is what i have supplied. You just got tied up in trolls taking advantage of knowledge you did not know and jumped to your own conclusions.

I hope this clarifies this for you.

@Smokingbro if it is the way you explained, then it is clear to me that I might be wrong about it. No matter, little to no harm was done to those servers, and not from me, but from its own community.

Since I can't confirm that mechanics you described work as you explained, I still anyway can't say it is the case. Anyway, thanks for explanation.

Topic is closed.

No problem, If you ever have an issue in game feel free to message me in discord or make a ticket and i'll do my best to help. I noticed you were playing on our larger group server. If you're playing alone then i'd suggest playing our smaller group server on EU2. Good luck in your future experiences!

58 minutes ago, rundomize said:

@Smokingbro if it is the way you explained, then it is clear to me that I might be wrong about it. No matter, little to no harm was done to those servers, and not from me, but from its own community.

Since I can't confirm that mechanics you described work as you explained, I still anyway can't say it is the case. Anyway, thanks for explanation.

Topic is closed.

You can't confirm it ?

Yes you can ... simply join the server once again press J and you will see the names of multiple people that are not currently a territory member.

Making baseless accusations while lacking critical knowledge about how the server works but hey "Little to no harm was done" its a complete cop-out to be honest dude.

Also how has the own servers community done harm to its self when you're the one making threads while lacking knowledge