Sign in to follow this  
duddbudda

What to do when steam ate my CD Key?

hi

I bought a second copy of ARMA CO last month - I wanted an account to use when my friends come over

I made a new steam account (SB) and registered the new CD key (CDB)

steam told me I already owned ARMA CO and loaded up from my current CD key (CDA) registered to my current steam account (SA)

I then tried all manner of contortions with windows users and steam accounts

turns out:

the new steam account (SB) plays ARMA using the old CD key (CDA) because registry

the new CD Key (CDB) is registered to the new steam account (SB) and cannot be used on any other steam account

but the new steam account plays ARMA using the old CD Key

so I paid £30 for a CD Key that is entirely useless

steam ignore my requests to remove one or both CD keys from the new steam account, thereby making it impossible to use the new CD key

steam refuse to grant a whole new CD key in lieu of the phantom fucking ghost CD key their database has swallowed up

wat do?

oh I should maybe mention

steam refuse to make CDB giftable - as far as they're concerned it's being used to play ARMA

They should either refund your money or just unbind the cd key from your account, spending 30€ for nothing is just not bearable in my opinion.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/search.php?action=results&sid=39781c3b1379110e8ef968f4f24f7a96&sortby=lastpost&order=desc

Might help' date=' might not.

[/quote']

thanks, I'm sure I'm gonna need the info in these posts eventually, but for the moment it's the actual CD Keys that are in conflict; the new one is inaccessible because the account it's tied to is using the old CD Key