Sign in to follow this  
Deadlycog

How to edit map as group of people

Hi,

I'm sure this is a very simple question, but I can't seem to find the answer.

I've generated a map to the point it can be put into buldozer. Me and a friend plan to work on it, but how do I share parts/tiles of the map so that he can also edit them? My process of thought is, pass tiles to my friend while I work on others. Once completed, I take the tiles back to restitch them all together again. There may also be an alternative but I don't see a way to simultaneously work on the same map as a whole

Thanks!

Nobody bothered to answer this question for you in over 8 years? 

I mean, sure it's a bit of a task to deal with this type of joint effort project, but it's not impossible. 

The real solution is in ensuring you both have access to a git or a repo on a server somewhere which will allow you both to access the most recent and updated data. 

The biggest challenge in this situation is terraforming. IE Heightmap.

You both need to be sure you pull the heightmap from the repo before starting the project
You would need to import the most recent HM into TB, save, and then begin map development. 
You would need to be sure that neither of you alter the HM from it's original status after pulling it from the repo... like, not modified at all.

You would, in all honesty, want to be sure that your HM modifications and adjustments are made by one person, and you would also want to make sure that any necessary adjustments are immediately pushed to the repo, before the other party(s) pulled the HM to build on their end. 

Although I do not work for BI, nor am I employed by any of their 3rd party business ventures "On behalf of Bi... I would like to apologize to you for leaving you hanging for 8+ years... 😮 

I hope I have helped other people that may someday seek answers to the same question you've asked... 8 years ago....ahem... 

https://discord.gg/vM3uVgVFCB