Igor Fontes

back to survival

hello survivors

dayz needs to go back to  roots, needs to go back to being the original survival game, they are killing the game, they are turning the game into batleroyale, this is not the real idea of the game, even the mods are winning over the original, which only has pvp and have no survival experience

you have to come back with leather crafts, archery, painting weapons, new options for survival crafts, storing water, tanning leather, new wild animals, returning the books, and including new crafts of rustic furniture to store items, the game has to evolve for survival and not evolve for PVP, I manage PVE servers for more than 6 years, this is the game that many want to play, and of course you have to give private servers an option to cancel pvp by option without using mods,

sorry for my translator english

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

Well, I definitely disagree that the game has to evolve for survival and not PvP - it needs to do both.

PvP is very much tied to the "real idea" of DayZ, the idea that you must survive at all costs, against both the environment and other players, you can team up with them and they might help you survive, but they might also shoot you in the back and betray you, or you could get shot at any moment from a bandit, this is where the tension in DayZ comes from, the constant threat of other players.

Of course players are welcome to play PvE only if they wish, but that is not the "real vision" of DayZ.

I do agree with you however on the lack of survival/crafting elements, it is extremely disappointing to me that nearly 5 years since 0.63 dropped we are still missing many elements from 0.62 such as leather clothing, leather canteen, spray paint, any kind of bow/crossbow etc.

• Like 2
  • Beans 1

I believe the TC meant that there is no survival in this game at all. Just 30-60 minutes and it is impossible to die due to environment. Everything you need - just to kill any animal sometimes to eat or to loot any village for can of beans. 
So I totally agree that this game now just a shooter and not a survival at all. 

• Like 2

On 2/11/2023 at 10:15 AM, Igor Fontes said:

hello survivors

dayz needs to go back to  roots, needs to go back to being the original survival game, they are killing the game, they are turning the game into batleroyale, this is not the real idea of the game, even the mods are winning over the original, which only has pvp and have no survival experience

you have to come back with leather crafts, archery, painting weapons, new options for survival crafts, storing water, tanning leather, new wild animals, returning the books, and including new crafts of rustic furniture to store items, the game has to evolve for survival and not evolve for PVP, I manage PVE servers for more than 6 years, this is the game that many want to play, and of course you have to give private servers an option to cancel pvp by option without using mods,

sorry for my translator english

yes, pvp is part of the game, but the focus today is no longer survival in an ostile environment. unfortunately it became an exclusive game with few options for survival. I also miss many elements of 0.62.

1 minute ago, Igor Fontes said:

yes, pvp is part of the game, but the focus today is no longer survival in an ostile environment. unfortunately it became an exclusive game with few options for survival. I also miss many elements of 0.62.

fortunately there are private servers for PVE, what is still missing is a parameter to turn off PVP for the game to be more immersive in survival

10 hours ago, Alexey_Kuzhel said:

I believe the TC meant that there is no survival in this game at all. Just 30-60 minutes and it is impossible to die due to environment. Everything you need - just to kill any animal sometimes to eat or to loot any village for can of beans. 
So I totally agree that this game now just a shooter and not a survival at all. 

I do agree with this, the game is extremely hard for new players and extremely easy for anyone with experience.

Food from animals is definitely insane, how you can instantly go from starving to not needing food for multiple hours.

To be honest though I think theses things are hard for them to balance because people complain no matter what.

As someone with lots of experience, surviving at any stage of the game is easy, but you still see new players frequently complain that the game has 0 loot and they spent 5 hours non stop dying of starvation.

Do you think that the survival mechanics are just poorly balanced? or that the game needs more survival mechanics? because I'm not sure what brand new mechanics they could add, and often adding things like new crafting recipes only makes the game easier (stone/bone knife for example)

Edited by Jevez
  • Like 1

i believe the game could survive much better if it had a configuration tool to turn pvp on and off on specific days, this would keep pve healthier and pvp would just be an event according to the server admin, as servers officers are lawless land

On 2/13/2023 at 3:57 PM, Jevez said:

I do agree with this, the game is extremely hard for new players and extremely easy for anyone with experience.

Food from animals is definitely insane, how you can instantly go from starving to not needing food for multiple hours.

To be honest though I think theses things are hard for them to balance because people complain no matter what.

As someone with lots of experience, surviving at any stage of the game is easy, but you still see new players frequently complain that the game has 0 loot and they spent 5 hours non stop dying of starvation.

Do you think that the survival mechanics are just poorly balanced? or that the game needs more survival mechanics? because I'm not sure what brand new mechanics they could add, and often adding things like new crafting recipes only makes the game easier (stone/bone knife for example)

It is really hard to balance. But I believe they should create new weather conditions which will influence on a character. They should make diseases more varied. For now u can die only due to bad bandages and due to poisoning. And let's be honest, you can die only due bad bandages, it is too hard to be poisoned in this game. 

Probably they should create more interactive environment. They should improve base building. Maybe make cars more difficult to achieve. But not in a stupid way with reducing quantity of car parts on the map. 

Edited by Alexey_Kuzhel
  • Like 1
  • Beans 1

They should improve base building. Maybe make cars more difficult to achieve. But not in a stupid way with reducing quantity of car parts on the map. 

yes, assembling a vehicle is very easy, they should go back in time and add oil to cars and the possibility of making more specific repairs. bases are very poorly fortified, the walls are low, the towers are poorly built, they should be completely closed, the control of the base by flag should make the game more balanced in terms of players who set up bases and never come back, flags build the bases last a long time and the player plays little

• Confused 1

I disagree with OP.

Game is a survival but it s just not a difficult one. Can be tricky for newcomers but not for the average gamer.

Game has to be pvp all the time as it is a core part of it.

Edited by Astalonte

9 hours ago, Astalonte said:

I disagree with OP.

Game is a survival but it s just not a difficult one. Can be tricky for newcomers but not for the average gamer.

Game has to be pvp all the time as it is a core part of it.

I partially agree with this. Yes, once you are familiar with the game mechanics, it c doesn't generally pose much difficulty in getting established. Maybe the first hour of spawn is challenging depending on your location. Regarding the pvp, without it the game becomes tedious. I've played on RP pve servers and get bored really quickly. I'm not personally a big pvp player, as I don't play often enough to be skilled at it. I do prefer interactions with players. But not knowing another players intentions, or not knowing if a player is stalking you or is looking down his scope at you is what gives the game its tension. Especially when you have so much to lose. Other people have talked about introducing AI enemies, but the idea simply doesn't work. AI is predictable once you've encountered them once or twice. There does need to be more survival elements and this needs to be tougher. But honestly, this is already possible. I've played hard core survival servers where you're doing well to get through the first night. Unfortunately, those servers are rare and always low pop. 

• Thanks 1

dayz needs an external environmental threat that collectively impacts the survival of all players ,  that will create a more harsh survival atmosphere and reward players for teaming up and not killing each other immediately. AI strongholds, infected strongholds where you cannot survive alone and are essential to survival. the environment is potentially harsh at the moment but after playing a few times, it's really not that harsh, Once you get the hang of finding food and clothes, which doesn't take much, it's basically PUBG, no external threats other than other other players and when you're geared up, KOSing provides basically nothing but a shootout/deathmatch, which can be fun too but it's short lasting and a lot of times I dont get to use my hard earn weapons enough. Sure, there are servers with factions and stuff but when in there there is abundant loot which cancels any survival requirements and you're in a deathmatch as you experience no threat from the environment which would force to have a strategy other than deathmatching all day. Lets have an existential and collective serious environmental threat that impacts our survival.

• Sad 1

Meanwhile, I see a great deal of confusion between the official vanilla servers and the community's vanilla/modified servers: it's not clear whether you're talking about the former or the latter. They are completely different. For example. Turn PvP on and off. In public Vanillas it doesn't make sense, since there will never be an admin to do it. In the modded community there are already mods that allow you to do this.
And I'm not going to reply to the many absurd suggestions, it would be too long.
For me, simply, it would be enough to make the infected more difficult and in greater numbers ... perhaps with the hordes of walkers that can also endanger the bases. Implement all those "real" survival stuff, leather jobs, self built weapons (bows, spears), stop all these military weapons, which are for FPS warfare, not a pandemic survival game. Not in DayZ, at least. But that's not enough, if the whole context is absurd and grotesque... when the doll eats as if he had a tapeworm in his stomach, the absurd consumption of anything (weapons, shoes, knives, hatchets, shovels, pots, everything... seems made of butter), fences are increasingly difficult to put up, tents as well (I need tents in the woods, NOT in the middle of a village square), when I put away a backpack, I have to put it full, as I do in reality, don't empty it object by object... and so many other nonsense that I can't think of right now.
DayZ is a poorly made and poorly managed game. In the vanilla public you will NEVER get anything good, just look at the history of this game... after years and years of this inability and bullshit, do you really think that right now everything will change?!? deluded.
Luckily in DayZ there are mods. The only true "tractor" in the game. With those (and the complete free server: "steamdb . info / app / 223350 /" you can configure yourself a game environment that is much more realistic and suited to your tastes and aspirations. Unfortunately the various modders (many even really very good ones) will never be able fix the game, but change it and "smooth" the various "edges" of the defects of the game, yes.
This is the only way.
If you really expect that the programmers of this game, sooner or later, will fix it, or change some features from how it is now, prepare yourself for a bitter disappointment.
Moreover, many people, even many different points of view and various opinions, even opposing ones... the base game, having to satisfy the majority of players, will necessarily dissatisfy a good portion of them. And let's go back to the mods, which allow you to "refine" the game to your own vision of "good, fair and rewarding game".
My 5 cent.