Sign in to follow this  
mobbie

AMD gpu issues

This issue has been a thing since 5xxx.  the issue got fixed with driver  21.11.3 since then it has come back I had the same issue with my Rx 6800XT and now looks worse with my new RX 7900 XTX.

I feel like the issue is frame rate pacing I have high fps in most cases locked at 144 at 1440p till get into towns on the coast like chemo where I will drop to the low 60s. My inland fps is fine. If I ALT look around my framerate dips hard by at least 40 fps and then feels like it's 60 fps or lower, in reality, am not seemly not the only one in the past few years with this issue. I would like to play game again. After all AMD did do Dx11_1 uplift. Would be nice if devs can look into this and work with AMD to fix this once and for all.

Yes gpu usage is also very low

full specs

Ryzen 5600x

32gb of DDR4 at 3600 CL14

intalled on 990 pro

Rx red devil 7900 XTX oc

Edited by mobbie

Hello,

I have to say that I have a similar problem on any map except Namalsk. I own an AMD Radeon RX 6700 graphics and in big cities the fps drop and I don't know how to solve it anymore, it forces me to sell the graphics and buy an RTX. Could there really be a fix for this problem with AMD GPUs? Thank you very much

spec:

Ryzen 5600

16gb 3200

Radeon RX 6700 10gb

13 hours ago, Kostival said:

Hello,

I have to say that I have a similar problem on any map except Namalsk. I own an AMD Radeon RX 6700 graphics and in big cities the fps drop and I don't know how to solve it anymore, it forces me to sell the graphics and buy an RTX. Could there really be a fix for this problem with AMD GPUs? Thank you very much

spec:

Ryzen 5600

16gb 3200

Radeon RX 6700 10gb

Something needs to be done i aint selling this card for 4080 just to play a single game  isnt 2012 anymore 

Edited by mobbie

Look how unsmooth it is vs this  no it inst coz of deer map that vid was min of a spawn and fully loaded in.

Edited by mobbie

Yea same issue, I'm sure it's probably the same for most AMD users as this has been a thing for ages. It was fixed for a good while but anything after the 22.10.1 driver and I get the same thing as you're describing, it's really annoying that this keeps happening to be honest. It's definitely a driver issue because rolling back the driver the game runs buttery smooth.

Ryzen 7 5800x3D RX6700xt 32GB ddr4.

4 hours ago, Piemanz said:

Yea same issue, I'm sure it's probably the same for most AMD users as this has been a thing for ages. It was fixed for a good while but anything after the 22.10.1 driver and I get the same thing as you're describing, it's really annoying that this keeps happening to be honest. It's definitely a driver issue because rolling back the driver the game runs buttery smooth.

Ryzen 7 5800x3D RX6700xt 32GB ddr4.

Yea since am with 7900 XTX i cant use the driver that is fixed. So they need fix this for once and for all  

Edited by mobbie

6 hours ago, mrvnrcha said:

Is this still going on?

About to try process lasso. See what happens but dont think it fix this issue witrh frame times might fix fps drops. Buti  think devs need work with AMD on this isnt 2012 anymore

Edited by mobbie

has made the game feel better. 

EDIT game has gone back to feeling slow and laggy feeling at high fps

Edited by mobbie

So going from 5600x to 7600 yes not much of upgrade but waiting for good stock be around for 7800X3D seems smother