Sign in to follow this  
Stalker z Czarnobyla

Power generator needs way more love + other way of charging electrical devices

As you should know the only real uses for generator is creating energy for powering lights and charging batteries.

Meanwhile if it doesn't spawn in the same settlement as a base there's not much reason to carry it all the way to base.

That's why I propose a change to give some attention to this equipment.
Certainly we need a new purpose for it, so I'd suggest making houseware equipment useable (like oven and fridge) and pluggable to the generator. This will bring some warmth to the houses, where you would be able to push some pre-outbreak warmth and not to mess around with gas stoves/live fires and hurrying with preparing hunted game before it spoils. Not to mention differing sockets to 1 "industrial" and 3 "houseware" (typical 220/230V).
Additionally something to think of about bases: power tools. It's really off to build a frame or panelling in couple of seconds. Instead with new power tools a creation of something will take normal time (1.19 update time) and by hammer/hatchet it should take something around 1 minute.

Still it doesn't make it easier to use the generator in the first place, so adding a smaller generator, carryable in a backpack (size something like 6x6) with only 2 sockets and smaller capacity.

Alternatively/additionally to the lucky ones having fixed a car it may be a good idea to add a 12/230 electricity converter lready coming with jumper cables allowing to power standard devices straight from a car battery (yup, real thing). And just to "teach" anyone knowing nothing about electricity a simple test consisting of having to know, what terminals to connect/disconnect first. If connecting positive one second/disconnecting positive first a big spark shall happen and kill the battery completely (ruin it) along with some harm to the person messing around with it.

Express your opinions on that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Maybe you should check out some mods. The generator already has more uses. Like fridges. 

vehicle alternator and battery charger both work fine on vanilla servers to recharge batteries. Being careful results in not having issues. 

21 hours ago, Parazight said:

Maybe you should check out some mods. The generator already has more uses. Like fridges. 

I mean the houseware equipment already in the houses, not new equipment, that I'll have to find and with which I'll clutter the inside even more.

21 hours ago, Parazight said:

vehicle alternator and battery charger both work fine on vanilla servers to recharge batteries. Being careful results in not having issues. 

I mean powering straight from a battery already connected to a car.

I think having a new type of 9v thats rechargeable. So you can connect them to a battery charger. then generators can be used for charging anything that need batteries