Sign in to follow this  
Heartz

Suicide

Right now this mod is as much an experiment as a "game" and Rocket should never be afraid of trying out new stuff to see if it works and the players like it or not.

My idea is the ability to shoot yourself in the head. A suicide possibility and before people start to rage just listen to me. I've been playing for a while with different characters (after dying mostly by bandits) and of course my goal has always been on surviving, but sometimes you could be cornered by zombies with no possible way of surviving and don't want to be eaten or maybe you are haunted by a bandit group and you know you're not going to survive , why not have the choice of going out on your own premises? I know it sounds morbid and could make loads of bad press, but is it so different(more wrong) than killing an innocent survivor? I just feel it would be an extra layer to the whole psychological part of the game. the mechanics should be simple, you need 1 pistol bullet and that's it. If you don't got at least 1 bullet you can't.

Maybe you get bored and wanna start over or spawn a different place, why should you have to find zombies to die? Suicide fits the setting a lot more.

I guess pressing Respawn could do a suicide animation but not really important atm

Sounds cool otherwise but I wouldn't want a chance of accidentally committing a suicide when I want to drink water or eat food. Also, are you aware that you can suicide currently (without 'shooting yourself' -animation) by esc -> respawn? There's also a problem with shooting yourself currently; alt + f4 can rescue your character from zombies and bandits alike so 95% of the people would rather do that.

Not saying it wouldn't be cool. It would. Just saying no1 would probably use it.

EDIT: Sorry for saying about respawn for 3rd time, had this thread opened for a while and wrote this reply without seeing first 2 replies since I didn't refresh :p