Sign in to follow this  
desolate-master

late game shotgun

the saiga is supposed to be a late game shotgun but no one uses it because of it's woefull damage and the fact it is full auto when the game makes the 12ga shells scarce, the bk-43 is still a viable shotgun but its lack of mid to long range accuracy/punch makes most players discard it as soon as they find a sks or better. the other option would be adding another shotgun for late game with the power of a bk-43 but better range and accuracy to which i give you the "M30 Luftwaffe Drilling" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M30_Luftwaffe_Drilling it is a SBS double barrel 12ga like the bk-43 but has a underbarrel 9.3X74 rifle (which could easily be swapped for a .308) and is capable of mounting a scope in later variants.

this could be fairly easily modeled by combining the bk-43 and the bk-18 and rechambering for the .308 and adding a scope mount which could accept the red dot/ acog/ hunting scopes (which would make slugs and rubber slugs viable even in late game), as for swapping ammo types it could be as simple as it fires what is manually loaded until it is loaded with a different ammo type (to fire as a rifle you load a .308 and to fire as a shotgun again you load a 12ga shell)

Pro's: adds a long range rifle to a powerful shotgun and increases it's accuracy and allows the attachment of multiple scope types

Con's: heavier with only a single shot rifle before reload and cannot be sawn off (weight could be the bk-43 + 1/3 of the bk-18 before adding a scope) unable to suppress/moderate

as for copyright HCOTW already has the grelic and if the name is a issue you could just call it the "Driller" which is similar enough but should not cause any issues.

Edited by desolate-master
forgot to add
  • Beans 1

In my opinion, the Viaga is enough.  This is the gun you want when you just start to head out of bambi land.  You don't want an SKS or a double barrel.  A pump action shotgun might do.  

But when you're new and running through the map and a bear comes up on you, you'll wish for that common Viaga you just passed.  Great against wolves and bears.  There's nothing like the spaz cannon when you need a lot of damage at close range.

Also, having a weapon that can shoot shotgun shells AND .308 is a dramatic change to the balance of the metagame.  Your Con is irrelevant.  Being heavier and not being able to saw it off are not really big downsides to anything.

Multi caliber guns are cool, I would like to see one in the game.

In all honesty I don't think they'll add multi caliber guns, but I could see a possibility of them adding a shotgun or two (higher tier police shotguns, maybe a hunting shotgun too).

https://dayz.fandom.com/wiki/M12_Shotgun
https://dayz.fandom.com/wiki/MP-133_Shotgun_with_a_Pistol_Grip

On 11/21/2022 at 1:08 PM, William Sternritter said:

@desolate-master I also see Vaiga as more than enough. You can of course switch to semi auto, so it's easily the best shotgun even with a 5 round mag. 

agreed, and equip a 20 round drum mag and you got yourself an anti aircraft gun when going full auto. lol