KField86

For the love of....

Find a way to stop this DC'ing bs-fest. It seems every person who gets hit by a round now-a-days automatically aborts, like it's almost done without hesitation. They even so much as hear a bullet land near them, and they instantly disappear. I lost THREE, yes...THREE M107s and possibly an AS-50 in the last TWO days, because me & my co-sniper will double-hit a sniper that spawns in on the NWAF, and he'll somehow manage to abort. Even though he was hit twice, and most likely bought the one way ticket, he still was able to abort, and now wait to log on until a friendly can loot his corpse and return the .50 to him, and whatever gear he had at the time. It is ABSOLUTELY ridiculous. I should be rewarded for getting the upper hand on another player with the intention of killing ME, not having them get the last laugh with a "Haha, almost." because of a broken mechanic.

I honestly hope this is on your list of priorities, especially with the amount of servers I join that have the greeting as "IF YOU D/C DURING A FIREFIGHT YOU WILL BE BANNED" yet people still get away with it constantly. I am not exaggerating in the slightest, and I know others share my experiences, that about 8 out of 10 people I pull the trigger on with my M24(or whatever gun you have) will D/C before my m24 can load another round and take a follow-up shot. The only way around this is to double-snipe, with another sniper on voice-chat and we count down to 1 and fire at the same target, at the same time. I mean, we usually do this anyway but the fact is not always do we both have a shot on the same person, and sometimes waiting will not be an option.

The worst of the offenders? The amount of people I hit spawning into the northern barracks at NWAF when I'm scoped looking through the doorway for the hoppers(my highest priority). I swear some people have ALT+F4 bound to a modifier to make it a single key-press, because at the speed at which it is done, or if simply they have done it so often they have it down to a science. Sometimes less than a second. BANG. GONE. <-- As quick as you read those two words.

It doesn't happen every time, but if I don't land a headshot, they're gone 8/10 times. No matter what server I join. And it's always the ones with the M107s that they probably hopped the barracks to get, or cycled it for hours on end. I know jesus christ has nothing to do with this, but I mean...jesus christ.

people whine about whiners of PVP IMO the DC whiners are the equivalent to the carebear whiners...its all relative

P.S Maybe if people weren't already aware that 99.9% of other players are hostile then DC'ing wouldn't be an issue ever think of that?

There is no "mystery" or "unknown" everyone is a threat, its quite obvious this turned into an open world CoD kill fest so now people who don't feel like PVPing (or even those scum who actually pvp and DC as well...just deplorable)

Either they deter PVP or make it so DC doesn't work...if they do that...lets just say it will only make the game more of a kill fest where the only motive is to hunt others down...since those are the only people who will be left once PVE is nerfed by "fixing" the DC.

Stop killing people you maniac.

It's after the apocalypse and 99% of the population is dead or undead and you kill the other survivors for a SNIPER RIFLE?

Above all this is a ROLE PLAYING GAME and you gotta play along for the experience to be as it was meant to be.

Let me ask you something. Who in their right mind is going to use a .50 caliber sniper rifle with a maximum effective range of 1600m against zombies. Are you idiotic? Do they also need the ghillie suits too? No, they are there doing the same THING I am doing. I don't go into elektro or cherno and snipe fresh spawns running around with beans and a makarov. I goto the high threat locations where PVP is the objective for all who go there most likely, and we ALL deal with this. PVP is half of this game. Deal with it. DC'ing in a firefight is abuse of a game mechanic to avoid the consequence of the entire back-bone of the game. Perma-death. Plain and simple. Think of that?

I also prey on the people who park their character in the barracks of NWAF, the second best loot zone of the game besides downed choppers, and then constantly hop servers until a rare gun spawns for them, which can be the .50 cal Barrett(AS-50 is strictly heli crashes). Also, the M107, the sniper I "kill" people for, is one of the loudest guns in the game. Tell me, are you going to take that to a city full of zeds and unload it for immersion? Or are you going to take the smart route and use a quiet handgun that can get the job done with a headshot? Please think before you post.

Know what happens when I get hit and am a second away from death? I say "God damnit, he outplayed me." and take the consequences as the person who designed this game INTENDED.

Some of you would probably be the same people who'd shoot me in the back with a 1911 in cherno, even if I said friendly, just because you saw me carrying a rare sniper rifle, or my camo M4, because shiny pixels and loot wins every time for 75% of people in any kind of role-playing game. Like I said previously, I have better things to do than camp people trying to get started. It's a low-move, and I was once in their shoes, many many times. Now that I've learned my lessons in this game, from my experiences and other smart players' experiences, that doesn't happen nearly as often anymore. The people I kill are the people who intend on doing the same thing to me, and any one else who happens to run in front of their crosshairs, for the purpose of obtaining better loot. We all know that we won't keep our guns forever, but to be able to experience using them is a lot of the enjoyment that comes from this game, for myself and a lot of others. Want them? You put in the time, and risk having it be all for nothing. Why? Because they belong to the few, and the lucky who work hard enough, and get lucky enough to obtain them. If you want to be one of those, join the club. If not, that's fine by me. Really.

Btw, comparing this to Call of Duty in any sense is absolutely absurd.

It's after the apocalypse and 99% of the population is dead or undead and you kill the other survivors for a SNIPER RIFLE?

Above all this is a ROLE PLAYING GAME and you gotta play along for the experience to be as it was meant to be.

And to me if this situation happened and we were in the real zombie zone, i wouldn't let anyone get the jump on me i would kill anyone on site, to ensure my survival

If someone had the gear i wanted to survive i would take it by force.

As would many others that play the game..

Let me ask you something. Who in their right mind is going to use a .50 caliber sniper rifle with a maximum effective range of 1600m against zombies. Are you idiotic? Do they also need the ghillie suits too? No' date=' they are there doing the same THING I am doing. I don't go into elektro or cherno and snipe fresh spawns running around with beans and a makarov. I goto the high threat locations where PVP is the objective for all who go there most likely, and we ALL deal with this. PVP is half of this game. Deal with it. DC'ing in a firefight is abuse of a game mechanic to avoid the consequence of the entire back-bone of the game. Perma-death. Plain and simple. Think of that?

I also prey on the people who park their character in the barracks of NWAF, the second best loot zone of the game besides downed choppers, and then constantly hop servers until a rare gun spawns for them, which can be the .50 cal Barrett(AS-50 is strictly heli crashes). Also, the M107, the sniper I "kill" people for, is one of the loudest guns in the game. Tell me, are you going to take that to a city full of zeds and unload it for immersion? Or are you going to take the smart route and use a quiet handgun that can get the job done with a headshot? Please think before you post.

Know what happens when I get hit and am a second away from death? I say "God damnit, he outplayed me." and take the consequences as the person who designed this game INTENDED.

[/quote']

Absolutely agree, so far I've yet to be detected or out sniped, those snipers you say you saw were likely terrible at the game as I've encountered in the past.

I lost my AS50 and my M4A3 Holo and Coyote to a server getting nuked, I loved that AS50 may be loud to zombies but wow is it ever quiet.

I was recently looting a chopper and a survivor came up behind me I had a FAL I just picked up with 5 mags, he shot with a M1911, and turned and unloaded entire clip hip fire in his direction he only got 2 shots into me I think 7k blood was at 12k, long story short I survived no broken bones, he had a M107 on his back... lol..., and I took that into my bag only for it to be eaten by mr. backpack monster D=, luckily I didn't lose my M24 which was also.

When I was at electro sniping people Only really way to get them is get proper distances and line up those headshots I find or ya they manage to log off with likely 1k blood and unconscious.

Prob is pretty deeply coded into the game and doesn't seem easily fixed but hopefully a resolution will be met, since ARMA 3 is a ways away.

Its Alpha stop whining

No ones whining. I am simply stating opinion' date=' and informing the designer, and his partners, who read these forums often, that this problem is affecting many people. The more forum posts, and the more attention it gets, the faster it'll get fixed. More bugs fixed = Better game experience for beta, and finally release.

Btw, the "It's alpha stop crying" line was really original. I think I've only heard that one once before. No, seriously.

;)

[hr']

Let me ask you something. Who in their right mind is going to use a .50 caliber sniper rifle with a maximum effective range of 1600m against zombies. Are you idiotic? Do they also need the ghillie suits too? No' date=' they are there doing the same THING I am doing. I don't go into elektro or cherno and snipe fresh spawns running around with beans and a makarov. I goto the high threat locations where PVP is the objective for all who go there most likely, and we ALL deal with this. PVP is half of this game. Deal with it. DC'ing in a firefight is abuse of a game mechanic to avoid the consequence of the entire back-bone of the game. Perma-death. Plain and simple. Think of that?

[/quote']

Absolutely agree, so far I've yet to be detected or out sniped, those snipers you say you saw were likely terrible at the game as I've encountered in the past.

I lost my AS50 and my M4A3 Holo and Coyote to a server getting nuked, I loved that AS50 may be loud to zombies but wow is it ever quiet.

I was recently looting a chopper and a survivor came up behind me I had a FAL I just picked up with 5 mags, he shot with a M1911, and turned and unloaded entire clip hip fire in his direction he only got 2 shots into me I think 7k blood was at 12k, long story short I survived no broken bones, he had a M107 on his back... lol..., and I took that into my bag only for it to be eaten by mr. backpack monster D=, luckily I didn't lose my M24 which was also.

When I was at electro sniping people Only really way to get them is get proper distances and line up those headshots I find or ya they manage to log off with likely 1k blood and unconscious.

Prob is pretty deeply coded into the game and doesn't seem easily fixed but hopefully a resolution will be met, since ARMA 3 is a ways away.

Whew, you got lucky with that M107. That's a great story. Very surprised the guy didn't hang back at around 100-150m, zero low, and hit you with the .50 while you were in the loot animation. But maybe he ran up on you and was surprised. Very rarely do I run with my sniper out(due to it being a bolt action m24) but I'm usually very good at spotting targets ways off and immediately dropping to a prone position, and switching to my primary and rolling a few times for good measure just incase he got a fix on my position when I saw him, then I wait it out from there. I'm still waiting on my first .50. I've seen plenty, but no dice. Either they abort prior to death insuring I don't loot them, or it ends up in a stale mate, or me having to bail out just to be on the side of caution. I'd rather keep my gear than get a little too cocky, and give them a clear sight picture of a kill-shot on me. Risk vs Reward is an awesome feeling, and really gets your heart pumping and a game hasn't done that for me in YEARS. And that's why I love DayZ. If there was zero to little "pvp" in this game, it simply wouldn't do that. Sure, I love zombie survival horror games, but I've played many, and without that feeling of constant threat around me, this would feel like another rpg with some left 4 dead thrown in the mix. That's my opinion. Not fact, obviously.

I've yet to die to a player any time recently, last 2 times I died, were to hackers, other then that, I've been alive with my ghillie essentially for about 3 weeks now, accumulated about 20 murders, not beaners.

And only been rewarded by being killed by hackers, have all my nice snipers taken from me.

Which Reminds me, before I got my M24 from barracks hopping I found a bloody SVD camo on the ground, we had 3 mags back at camp, and this one had 2 mags, I was bloody ecstatic, I had my ghillie this was the ultimate weapon I wanted.

And it wouldn't pick up off the ground for whatever reason, so I emptied the loot pile it was in, and made it so it was just the SVD, and poof it just disappears right before I was about to middle mouse click the Take SVD.... I was so... pissed...

Did find 7 m24 mags tonight just lieing on the ground at barracks was happy.

Game will be amazing with a bit more structure and less bugs, more reliable methods of looting then running 5km between towns for minimal chances of purdy guns, and hopping barracks..

It's a dog eat dog game and killing other people is part of the experience.

I am just saying there should't be murder for sport or murder for 'a weapon' in THIS game. It doesn't feel right. Camping a hot zone and killing anyone who comes near? WHY? Why would you kill someone who is virtually one of the only survivors after the apocalypse? I see no reason why new players can't have access to hot areas with good loot. Why should you shoot them down? The purpose of the game is destroyed this way. You should try to survive, maybe help others in need. But not kill for the lulz or kill because 'it's your territory'. If you have the stones try to hold a town while INSIDE of it and not 500m up a hill beneath the trees with a sniper rifle.

Why do you bother with this game if you're so obsessed with PVP? The core gameplay isn't PvP oriented.

I will probably never reply in this thread again, just wanted to say this stuff, flame all you want, PvP players who kill unjustified are pussies in my book. Over and out.

I'm shot on sight everytime. Do I like it? No. Do I tolerate it because its part of the game? Yes. Have I ever murdered someone? Yes, with a crossbow to the face because they ran up saying "I'll suck your D**K for a gun!" creeped me out since it was pitch black out.

People complaining about "campers" killing others for a gun need to watch mad max.

Seriously. People like killing. Its hardcoded into many of us. Many of us would kill others for sport given the opportunity.

Lost my M24 last night to someone who spotted me (top of the firehouse) and server hopped to 200m back in the northern woods to hit me laying prone on the roof. I watched him walk all the way through the yard (waited for a cleaner shot) to behind a tree, 50 meters away from me, and took out my M4A3. Sat there for 5 minutes. Poof. Disconnect. 5 minutes later, I'm getting hit by the same person and the only possible way to hit someone on the roof is if you're very far back in the woods due to the angle. He knew I saw him, and he knew I was up there because he watched a buddie of mine run up there to drop off food to me.

Love this game. Ended up running all the way back, and walking up behind some dude approaching from the west with a DMR, and he took a 1911 clip to his upper back at damn near point blank, so I guess not all is lost. :P

But the people who server hop to get the kill because they've been spotted and now they want to move undetected is absolutely ridiculous. He had no ghillie. I would of seen him proning to the whole in the cement barrier to go in the woods east of the firestation(positive this is where I was hit from). He even lit a camp fire behind a tree, then put it out. And I sat there watching for the tiniest bit of movement, and saw nothing. So I figured he was prone under the pine tree, or he disconnected. Turns out someone just left the server, and then as soon as the same person joins again, I get hit from a totally different position. Guess that's cool.

My favorite DC so far was someone running down the road to Balota airfield. No weapon, no zombie trail, but in a full out sprint, and dead to rights in my enfield sights from about 100 meters away. I had no intention of killing him. I'm not a bandit and only kill when necessary to ensure my character's survival. Still, I wanted to have a little fun with this guy.

The server had names on and global chat for some odd reason, so I typed in "Hi Nick". Moments later, he sprints into a nearby bush (still clearly within my line of sight). At first I think he's trying to scan the treeline for me and figure out where I'm at. 5 seconds later though, I see him poof into thin air as he DCs from the server in fear. I busted out laughing.

Are players really at that point now? Are we so paranoid and afraid of interaction, pvp or otherwise, that we'd prefer not to even play the game? I've gotten into my fair share of firefights, but every unarmed player I encounter I let go unless they're doing something to threaten me (bringing the horde train, for example). Am I alone in this, are the majority of other players really just wasting ammo on unarmed fresh spawns, making this kid's choice to D/C a prudent one?

DCing in fire fights is ridiculous. my friend and i always play together. although we made some bad experiences we always try to sneak on other survivors to speak with them over voip. when the conversation turns into firefight the enemy always dcs. it's ridiculous. you don't even know if he is still in the building he used to be in. then you search him for a while and get killed by another bandit. or if you have really lame people they go on another server, walk behind you , then come back on your server. also i think the voip chat should reach players further away. maybe 100 metres woudl be a good distance. 50 metres seems to be a bit short.

Maybe its a mechanic so that guys like yourself sitting around sniping folks who just logged on can't kill them immeadiately.

Honestly there is NO NEED for any more of these threads. there have been 101687 of these threads, and everyone understands how frustrating this is. All we can do is wait and hope that Rocket can find a way to implement a counter-measure for this. It is DIFFICULT, the last attempt allowed for a duping exploit. Be patient.

And to me if this situation happened and we were in the real zombie zone' date=' i wouldn't let anyone get the jump on me i would kill anyone on site, to ensure my survival

If someone had the gear i wanted to survive i would take it by force.

As would many others that play the game..

[/quote']

No, you wouldn't.

I'll jump on the me-too bandwagon. I didn't realize how bad it was until I just got into PVP while playing with a group. So far, every firefight has resulted in disconnecting cheaters (some even disappear after the killed message when you head shot them). And it seems at least 1/2 of them are also server hopping/teleporting to (try to) get behind you.

Our [any] group is at a huge disadvantage by not cheating in this regard. Fortunately the cheaters also seem to be pretty bad in skill.

As to complaints about people posting new threads about this: It's a hot topic, a serious "issue" and this forum is way too active to find all such related threads. Perhaps this one should get an "Official Disconnect Cheater/Exploit Thread" title?