Sign in to follow this  
bcampb3

Can't Use Items in Inventory, Hands, or Vicinity

Yes, I am a noob to DayZ.  However, I've played many PC games for a LONG time, so didn't just fall off the truck.  I cannot use any item in inventory.  I put it in my hands and still can't right click on it.  I can't drop it and interact with it there, etc.  I have apples, water, etc.  I put it in my hands, try to right click, double click (simply moves it back into inventory), tried every freaking button on the keyboard.  Nothing.   I've tried both experimental and regular.  All do the same thing.  I've watched youtube videos on how to use items, searched through the how-to and FAQs.  Still nothing solves the problem.  I can drink from a well, but can't fill the bottle, or eat anything.  Therefore, I die, just as I get into the playing the game.  

Hi, actions in DayZ are specific in a way that for most actions you need to have the item you want to use in your hands, and then either have a direct action or combine the item with something in the world or your inventory. These actions should all be highlighted via the HUD in the world. Do you see those UI prompts (e.g. hold left mouse button to eat when you have an apple in hands)? If yes, pressing the left mouse button does nothing for you? Do I understand your problem correctly?