Sign in to follow this  
William Sternritter

DayZ performance on AMD cards?

I remember reading that the performance on RDNA2 cards was sketchy. Since I'm potentially eyeing one, I'd like to know how is it these days. Thanks. 

I have AMD radeon 4000H ryzen 7

it works really good mate for day z, don't forget that day z was 2013 if I'm not wrong. 

4 hours ago, William Sternritter said:

I remember reading that the performance on RDNA2 cards was sketchy. Since I'm potentially eyeing one, I'd like to know how is it these days. Thanks. 

I've heard complaints both from Nvidia's RTX3xxx series and AMD's RX6xxx series of GPUs.
I'm not certain if the GPUs were the cause in those cases, but just sharing what I've heard on the internet, although I've seen more complaints from RTX3000 than RX6000 (maybe just a difference in popularity so it's heavily skewed towards Nvidia).

This driver was the one that allegedly fixed performance issues on AMD's GPUs (so anything after that and including that one should work much better on newer AMD GPUs).
https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-21-11-3
"While playing DayZ™, some users may experience stuttering or poor performance on some AMD Graphics products such as Radeon™ RX 5700 XT Graphics."

Here's a comment from someone on reddit regarding that driver:

Wish I could help more, but I'm still on an old RX580 and none of my friends have RX6000 series of GPUs.

Edited by DefectiveWater
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, rackinglad27 said:

I have AMD radeon 4000H ryzen 7

it works really good mate for day z, don't forget that day z was 2013 if I'm not wrong. 

I mean the 6000 series cards. While the game is old and run flawlessly on my current GPU, new HW is always a bit of gamble due to drivers. 

38 minutes ago, William Sternritter said:

Based on a reddit thread (takes me back to university years, source, internet 😄) it's not an issue anymore for any of these. 

actually idk what the fack I'm talking about lol my GPU is NVIDIA 3050ti, yes I play on a gaming laptop. works terrifically tbh. super upgradeable in terms of memory and storage, all I need is a screwdriver lol

Edited by rackinglad27

3 hours ago, William Sternritter said:

Based on a reddit thread (takes me back to university years, source, internet 😄) it's not an issue anymore for any of these. 

Let us know how it goes, I'm somewhat interested in RX6000 series of GPUs but my pockets seem to hate that idea 🤣

Good luck!

Edited by DefectiveWater

Not sure what architecture is RDNA 2 but I've been gaming on my FX8320E and RX470 for a while now, it's all cool. DayZ is more intensive on CPU anyway.

On 8/11/2022 at 11:21 AM, DefectiveWater said:

Let us know how it goes, I'm somewhat interested in RX6000 series of GPUs but my pockets seem to hate that idea 🤣

Good luck!

How what goes? 🙂 People confirmed it's no longer an issue. 

On 8/12/2022 at 2:39 PM, William Sternritter said:

How what goes? 🙂 People confirmed it's no longer an issue. 

This is why, it's a post from day ago. While I'll assume and say majority of AMD GPUs won't have issues, I can't guarantee it will be the same for you.

But it's not only like that on AMD GPUs... GPUs from Nvidia seem to be having issues sometimes too. So idfk what's going on.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/wo7q15/how_do_i_stop_dayz_from_freezing_on_pc/