armybow

DayZ - ACE (No CoD Kiddie Comments)

Sorry it already takes 5 hours to run to my destination as it is' date=' i'm not going to voluntarily agree to increase that time by huge amounts because I have to stop for breaks.

[/quote']

Where have you been running? It only takes 30 mins to run 9000 meters and from elektro to the edge of the northern side ofthe map is 12000m shoot you must be running to Zargabad or something. At the most you really only need to stop to rest in ACE like every 5-10 mins running with 40+kg worth of gear and that's with backpack and full gear. To much exageration.

DayZ ACE would fix so many problems that the game currently deals with.

#1: You can't run forever due to the stamina. (more realistic)

#2: The more you have on you' date=' the less you can run without taking a break.

#3: Realistic bandaging system and you can carry people.

#4: You can knockdown people, retrain them, and kidnap then. (Adds a new realistic gameplay)

#5: You can place anti-personal mines plus other stuff to set traps.

#6: Etc.

All of the experienced Arma fans would enjoy playing this but the people not used to it, would have to give it a try. My number one concern is that people won't like it because you can't run forever anymore which really isn't realistic in the first place.

[/quote']

+1 on implementing ACE features into DayZ (and ArmA 3!). ACE is must have mod for ArmA 2 multiplayer.

@up Yep it takes 30 minutes to run from one side of map to another. If it takes 5 hours for you, that means you do something really wrong.

I think there was a thread a day or two ago re. combining ACE & DayZ;

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=24005

In which;

Allot of people have already asked for ACE to be implemented into DayZ.

It would make more sense to merge ACE and DayZ than to just rip elements from ACE into DayZ.

Plus it wouldn't be as rude :)

Sorry' date=' but we have absolutely no interest in DayZ.

Neither will there ever be a ACE DayZ nor will we hand out permissions to use ACE features in DayZ.

Xeno

[/quote']

Great idea folks, but it doesn't look as if it's likely to happen anytime soon.

I think there was a thread a day or two ago re. combining ACE & DayZ;

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=24005

In which;

Allot of people have already asked for ACE to be implemented into DayZ.

It would make more sense to merge ACE and DayZ than to just rip elements from ACE into DayZ.

Plus it wouldn't be as rude :)

Sorry' date=' but we have absolutely no interest in DayZ.

Neither will there ever be a ACE DayZ nor will we hand out permissions to use ACE features in DayZ.

Xeno

[/quote']

That's really sad to hear. I still wonder why Bohemia haven't hired ACE team yet. They improved original ArmA 2 massively and many people bought game just because of ACE or ACRE.

First of all Xeno is not the ultimate God and he didnt patent his ideas. Furthermore half of the things of ACE are not needed in DayZ. Somebody with enough skill or patience to learn can surely reimplement the ideas from ACE into DayZ. It would be too of a overhaul to implement such a huge mod as ACE into DayZ just because of 6 things listed above.

TO, I'm surprised you didn't mention the better inventory system (Rucksacks) that is available in ACE, the standard ARMA 2 inventory system is horrible in comparison.

Generally I'd like to see some stuff available in ACE implemented into DayZ, especially the interaction and medical possibilities . Generally though ACE mod is overkill and is mostly for the hardcore mil-sim players, doesn't fit in with DayZ. Also it would just be another dependency for the mod.

Well reading through this thread (and agreeing with ace + dayz) I have to agree with Psyl3nt on the CoD Kiddies comment in the title.

Yes there are alot of action FPS style players in DayZ, and they're having their fun in elektro and cherno, very easily avoided. There are also people who have played more or less every single military FPS since doom (like myself) who take this game seriously, and enjoy sneaking about being tactical in the approach to a situation.

Am I offended by the title? No, but the title does not promote a mature debate about ace and dayz, it provokes instead...

But to get back to the Ace Dayz thingy, Xeno has stated that they have no interest in Dayz, but what kind of features from ACE could be good to see in DayZ?

Here's my list of ACE wanted features:

Armor / Hit locations.

Stamina system

Advanced Ammo

Bipods

Revamped sniper system

Better Chem light handling

And cant really think of more right now, will have to boot up ACE :P Been awhile since I played it and I just take those things for granted.

And cant really think of more right now' date=' will have to boot up ACE :P Been awhile since I played it and I just take those things for granted.

[/quote']

You can find most of the ACE features here (some are missing):

http://wiki.ace-mod.net/Features#Features

:p

First of all Xeno is not the ultimate God and he didnt patent his ideas.

I'm not the "ultimate God" and neither is anybody else who mods.

Everybody can make those features too. You just need patience (lots of it) and learn how to mod the RV engine. All the tools for modding are available.

Xeno

But if you were to mod in some apparently "all loving" entity that apparently is always judging you in the sky, you made god.

Might aswell just throw Zeus in there, hurling his lightning at random people.

Perhaps have the "all loving" entity as the spotter of Zeus, this could work.

Then, you will be the ultimate god.

Aswell shut the fuck up about Cod Kiddies, get on topic.

I, as well everyone else don't give a fuck about your opinion.

It is fact, CoD's player base is generally the scum of any other game's player base.

Proof? Join any MW3 SnD and kill another person that has a mic.

End of discussion, if anyone brings this up past this point, its just a waste of space, and I encourage Armybow to ignore.

As well Psyl3nt, you seem to assume the people thinking this because they are butt hurt, well fuck you for being a hypocrite what do you base YOUR assumption on?

3.4 k/d because I'm actually good, you can imagine all the hate mail I get for just going around killing others with out them having a chance.

They are truly the lowest of any community, they will bitch to you about anything, even if they have to make stuff up.

Everybody can make those features too. You just need patience (lots of it) and learn how to mod the RV engine. All the tools for modding are available.

Xeno

Sorry, Xeno, I didn't intend to drag you into any kind of dispute. I just thought, (foolishly it seems) that your previous post was of relevance to this thread.

Thanks for all of your hard work.

But if you were to mod in some apparently "all loving" entity that apparently is always judging you in the sky' date=' you made god.

Might aswell just throw Zeus in there, hurling his lightning at random people.

Perhaps have the "all loving" entity as the spotter of Zeus, this could work.

Then, you will be the ultimate god.

Aswell shut the fuck up about Cod Kiddies, get on topic.

I, as well everyone else don't give a fuck about your opinion.

It is fact, CoD's player base is generally the scum of any other game's player base.

Proof? Join any MW3 SnD and kill another person that has a mic.

End of discussion, if anyone brings this up past this point, its just a waste of space, and I encourage Armybow to ignore.

As well Psyl3nt, you seem to assume the people thinking this because they are butt hurt, well fuck you for being a hypocrite what do you base YOUR assumption on?

3.4 k/d because I'm actually good, you can imagine all the hate mail I get for just going around killing others with out them having a chance.

They are truly the lowest of any community, they will bitch to you about anything, even if they have to make stuff up.

[/quote']

Ah so the "mature" players here *cough*, as you put it "I, as well everyone else don't give a fuck about your opinion." , so you speak for everyone then ?

And as you put it in such a nice way, it clearly shows how the CoD players (me), are the abusive trolls, and others such as yourself are such well rounded mature people .....

I base my "assumption" on the fact that people who have been "owned" in a particular game tend to be "angry" with that games community, and go out of their way to point the finger at them for perceived "wrongs" in other games. Those players who actually are "good" at the game don't usually feel the need to bring up the problems with the game community at every opportunity, to the point where even if there is no opportunity they will still put it in there somewhere.

Would these be the players that just abuse others and make bold stances about things and claim that they speak for everyone ? is this the kind of "scum" you are referring to ?

I would have thought the lowest of any community are those that choose to abuse others and generally start "flame wars" on forums, or perhaps they are the ones who like to make out they are "better" than everyone else.

I think your post speaks volumes about yourself as a "member" of this community.

So here you have a primarily CoD player, and a ... what ? - primarily DayZ player ?

So who is the abusive scum and who isn't ?

hmmmmmm

1 Ah so the "mature" players here *cough*' date=' as you put it "I, as well everyone else don't give a fuck about your opinion." , so you speak for everyone then ?

And as you put it in such a nice way, it clearly shows how the CoD players (me), are the abusive trolls, and others such as yourself are such well rounded mature people .....

2 I base my "assumption" on the fact that people who have been "owned" in a particular game tend to be "angry" with that games community, and go out of their way to point the finger at them for perceived "wrongs" in other games. Those players who actually are "good" at the game don't usually feel the need to bring up the problems with the game community at every opportunity, to the point where even if there is no opportunity they will still put it in there somewhere.

3 Would these be the players that just abuse others and make bold stances about things and claim that they speak for everyone ? is this the kind of "scum" you are referring to ?

4 I would have thought the lowest of any community are those that choose to abuse others and generally start "flame wars" on forums, or perhaps they are the ones who like to make out they are "better" than everyone else.

I think your post speaks volumes about yourself as a "member" of this community.

So here you have a primarily CoD player, and a ... what ? - primarily DayZ player ?

So who is the abusive scum and who isn't ?

hmmmmmm

[/quote']

Just because you started talking with an assumption, you already lost any credibility, as well you deserve to be shut down.

1 I never said I was mature, I said fuck you, yet you again assume as that is all you are capable of instead of thinking.

But to any outsider that happens to read this, think to yourself, do you give any fucks, at least 1 fuck, about someone trying to defend the CoD community from a small comment in title that was taken from perception from anyone who plays CoD?

As well no one asked that you play CoD, it does not change anything, as for trolls, learn the meaning.

As well as Learn your place.

You come here on this forum, only to antagonize the OP, toward his small little comment that doesn't even involve you or the general better players of CoD unless your a little kiddie.

You stopped the discussion which this forum was made for no reason other then to have a reason to spout your inane shit as you do not have the thoughts suited to add any importance to a discussion.

A troll is a person who knowingly hinders a person in a generally petty way.

2 Solely on the community of CoD I removed over 80 friends as I had enough of the bitching, the elitist attitude, the rage of "friends" but continue to play regardless while yelling into the mic when killed just once.

All of them, I played it on PS3 I should add, its pointless info, just like you stating you are a CoD player, so I'd figure you would like to know.

3 Abuse, you call cursing on a forum abuse?

You obviously know nothing of true abuse, you are soft.

4 You are the one who started this, as CoD kiddie should rightfully be an actual term, due to how that series has ended up.

Again you say abuse, yet you know no abuse, i'll show you abuse.

You bother coming onto this forum and defending such a petty thing, when if you were out of the CoD kiddie category you would of just ignored it as its generally true, yet you bitched.

It tells of some truth off of you, as you either have no sense of perception or you are a whiny brat that bitches at everything which would explain why you even bothered trying to defend it.

You keep trying to prove you are up to par to us but you are capable of no decent thoughts other then complaining.

What other reason why you would say we try to make ourselves seem better then everyone else when we only state the phrase "CoD kiddies" as the people who only play this game(Dayz) to try to kill others, but finding out it is not the easy to start out, and try to ask for it to be toned down.

We are not stating we are better, we are stating we want the game harder.

Well thats for why the term was used, as for me, yes I just said I am clearly most likely better then you, why?

To show you talk out of your ass with your assumption.

This is end of the line, this forum is not so over protected like the CoD forum, if you can't stand being fought back against when you spew petty shit without calling it abuse, you do not belong here.

As well this is the suggestion forum, next time stick to thoughtful posts toward helping suggestion grow and disregard how they are presented.

Even people who I do not agree with, even hate, I would agree with despite how it is presented due to not reacting upon your personal feelings.

Sometimes we gotta disregard feelings to get somewhere, get used to it before you yell out abuse like a bitch.

landmines are an awful idea. let's just imagine the game with them:

you make it to the NWAF, and you go and check the barracks. just before you enter them, your legs are blown off. you are then knocked out, legs broken, bleeding. you then see a bandit come out of the barracks, take your stuff, then place another landmine and wait. you then bleed out, because if you wake up and move, the other landmine goes off.

TL;DR, it would promote lootfarmers or assholes blocking loot spawns, and instead of the inability to get to it, you die.

This is exactly what I would like to see! Great idea! First though zombies really really need to be worked on.

I think its retarded that everyone is going back and forth between COD and Arma2. Stick on topic fellas. I like the mods mentioned but as far as the green reticle, it needs to stay as well as 3rd person. Here are my reasons (after being on the apposite side of the argument).

3rd person view gives you the realistic perifil view that first person view takes away. Even though you cant peack around corners in real life (true), arma 2 is mostly about open terrain and forest where as a smaller area for urban. 3rd person view is more realistic in forests for the perfil view alone.

As fas as the green reticle. When you shoot a real gun you can almost tell where it will hit and you dont have t obring the sights up all the way every time. This is especially true with sights like eotechs and such. Another point I would like to make is that the grass in this game only serves to block your sight not for concealment in this game. The green reticle helps balance that.

I know ACE gives the option to turn those off or on but I fear that the adding soemthing like ACE would inevitably remove 3rd person and green reticles completely.

Lets be blunt, idiots like yourself are constantly dropping tears on forums over the big bad "CoD players" cause they're "children / trolls / whatever", but the truth is, it's the ones like yourself that make the game communities "bad" and are largely responsible for generally making things bad for others, you can't even open a thread without throwing some insult out to CoD players, because you got so badly owned when you played CoD that your ass is still hurting and the only way you can get any kind of "payback" is to behave like a child on forums and the such, all the while pointing the plaintiff finger at others who you have the audacity to blame for ruining communities.

It's elements like yourself that are the problem, it would not surprise me if your an alt-F4 jocky aswell, kids with your attitude generally are.

Feeling the need to state your "better" than someone else on a forum pfft, that's about the biggest tell of a no hoper noob if ever there is one, so what's next ? - you going to get all butthurt about DayZ and from now on everyones a "DayZ kiddie" ? is that what's planned for you.

I try to talk nicely to people in general, but when I come across someone who is obviously as mentally deficient as you I fail to see the point of carrying on in a civil manner, as your only a troll who thinks they are "something", well lucky for most we can see you for what you are , some noob who got raped in CoD and has to rage against the world about it .

Go play in your sandpit and let the adults worry about things like discussions and such, as it clearly goes above your head and your only showing how much of a noob you really are.

I mean considering your age should you even BE on these forums, theres some harsh language on here and "Adult" themes, does your mum know your playing this game ?

I'd love to teach you "your place" but I generally don't pick on children, this "thread" was fucked the second the OP put "CoD kiddies" in the title, that identifies this thread a "troll" thread posted by some kid who needs to learn how to conduct themselves.

If you don't want people to "react" then don't put shit out there that will cause a reaction.

Rocket has already posted about this kind of thing and how stupid / childish it is and had asked the community to generally stop it.

So if there is anyone here who needs to learn something it is yourself and the OP, posting deliberately antagonising topics and then acting like you have some kind of "right" to be here and spout your shit.

It's clear that you have no respect for anyone or anything to do with this mod. Some kid living at home, no job, probably lucky to even know what school is let alone actually go. I suggest you learn how to communicate properly before your parents stop supporting you and your on the street sucking cock for rent money or drugs.

"this is the end of the line" - LOL nice try with the "grown up" sayings... How about the end of the line with children thinking they are smart posting on forums, I bet your the kind of kid who sheepishly backs out of a confrontation in real life then waits till their half way up the street before yelling how your going to "get them"... sound about right ? ...

This would fit in perfectly with the butthurt attacks on "CoD kiddies", as it's the same attitude.

Edited by Psyl3nt
  • Like 1

None of these things would fix problems that the game currently has.

Infact these are so far off from being related to problems with the game that it's pretty funny you claimed otherwise!

Edited by coolboynaked

or they should just add perks like in mw3 so you could use marathon pro and sprint and everyone should spawn with a dirtbike or add knifing so we can have commando perk and add tactical knife

#1: You can't run forever due to the stamina. (more realistic)

I think being able to run forever is a fair compromise between gameplay and realism. I realise people want this game to be uber-realistic but I think you should at least be able to explore a few towns in a 2 hour gaming session instead of making it 50% of the way before having to log off.

I already suggested this some time ago, its very good idea to do that or at least take some features from it, also I think that zombies should give up the chase or at least they should die after long chasing, they got virus that probably affect them physically too, like for example cheetah can run very fast but for limited time because its body heat rises and it can die.

Sparta Kick must be added to the game to knock out zombies and run away!

I really hope they ask for and get some 3rd party arma 2 mods on board (well the right parts of them).

ACE has some great features already mentioned, ACRE too.

Before adding anything like that, they need to fix all the broken stuff...You can't balance a game that is currently broken in so many ways, because any balance change you make to a broken game will become unbalanced once major issues are fixed.

Fix major issues first, then tweak the balance and add more features.

In order for features like this to be added, Zombie AI would have to be GREATLY improved. Zombie animations would need to be either slowed down again, or completely replaced with non-spasmo ones. They would need to fix zombies walking through walls and other solid objects...

It's been three patches since I started playing and none of these things have been fixed, some have arguably been made worse. Most of the survival so far has been in knowing how to avoid being killed by ridiculous bugs/glitches...