Youlaseas

Warning (0x000400F0)

So, today I received my brand new Alienware X17 top spec laptop, 64GB Ram . . . .blah blah blah, Thing can play anything.

Been really excited for this to arrive so I could finally have a machine to not only play Dayz, but play it at maximum settings with zero issues . . . or so I thought. 

This "Warning (0x000400F0)" is utterly ridiculous for the £45 price tag of the game. So far I have done these things in order to try and resolve it:

1. - Download DZSALauncher
- Using DZSALauncher:
- In DZSALauncher, In Settings, Select 'Run as Admin'

If you don't want to use DZSALauncher:
- Go to your game files: (Select game in Steam, 'Manage', 'Browse Local Files')
- Set local Admin to each exe in game dir:
-- DayzZ_BE.exe
-- DayzZ_x64.exe
-- DayZDiag_x64.exe
-- DazZLauncher.exe
-- DazZUninstaller.exe

2, - Removed and repaired corrupt windows files using "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth" and afterwards "SFC /scannow" in cmd.
3, - Cleaned up my registry with CCleaner.
4, - Updated my GeForce and integrated graphics drivers

5, - Tested internet speed / Router / interuptions - All good.

6, - Delete the game files from Documents every time before a new load up

7, - Full Uninstall and Reinstall and redid all of the above.

If I had known this issue was here, I would of saved myself £45 and bought Arma3 with the Dayz mods.

I have managed to play PUBG, CoD Warzone and Fortnight so far with no issues with PC or Connection, Such a shame as this is such a beautiful game, and I was so excited to get into it

Anyone have any other ideas or Any Admin / Staff fancy fixing this issue, so the playerbase  does not have to become Programmers to play a simple game

Edited by Youlaseas
additional

This is an absolute joke of a situation to be in, Multiple accounts of this happening to multiple people, yet the developers seemingly do not give a fu*k.

How do I get this game refunded? Through the steam store I presume.

Such a waste of potential, I wont be buying Arma, as it is the same company who developed this PoS game and of course will more than likely have similar issues.

Just need to wait for some more Survival games to come out later this year, Games that are complete and do not have stupid issues like this that should of been fixed week 1 or 2 of release back in 2014 or whenever it was you released this game, 8 Years and the same problem . . . . . 

Lukily - Steam Refund is pending

Edited by Youlaseas

Well, it would appear Steam has denied the refund due to "playing" more than 2 hours of the game trying to get it to run. . . . what a sinkhole

Bohemia Interactive, This is fucking ridiculous. Refund me my money for this fucking POS that is unplayable, I play other games that use Battleeye and no issues, All the issues are with DAYZ

When I ran into difficulties with the game, the first thing I did was to check Steam's refund policy and immediately came across the "2 hours gameplay" restriction. I am caught on the horns of a dilemma, do I try to figure out the control remapping (which is my problem) and risk taking more than 2 hours - or do I go straight for a refund? ...

400f0 is the battleeye kick.  Be sure to verify integrity, not block BE, and restart steam.  Try a different server.

It was battle-eye conflicting with my VPN, So basically in order to play this game (when it loads without any problems) You have to have ZERO internet security for your machine for software that does not even fucking stop the cheaters anyway, SO basically a duff product, that fucks over the non-cheaters and does not really affect cheaters at all. Fucking well played Bohemia, no Wonder the games isnt massive and you only have 4 first person servers

Absolute joke of a company

I am also having these issues and and am past the return time trying to figure it out :( this is super disappointing and i even factory reset the computer and reinstalled windows so the only thing on my computer is steam, dayz, the standalone launcher, discord, and chrome.

Anyone ever find a soloution?

https://feedback.bistudio.com/project/view/2/ report this here. It's the only official way for solving any problems with this game. Here chances are slim at best. Usually there are workarounds for problems such as these but finding exact one is a chore. Also have a problem like that and no fix was ever found. I suspect hardware in my case.