Sign in to follow this  
Stafftiner

Connecting failed (0x0001001)

Alright, after 6,000 hours of DayZ on official and modded servers, I'm now encountering my first serious issue which I haven't been able to fix by myself.

Here's what happened:

Me and a friend have been on Skalisty Island, and after swimming back to the coast, I wanted to make a fire to warm up and dry our clothes. I crafted a fireplace from a rag and a few short sticks and tried to ignite it with matches I had stored in a protective case. During the ignite animation my character got stuck somehow, I was just walking/running on the spot without getting forward. So I decided to do a relog. I left the server and tried to rejoin about a minute later, and I got the message "CONNECTING FAILED (0x0001001) Could not connect to the server because it is unreachable"

The interesting part about it: Friends are still able to play on the server. One of my buddies was even right next to me when my character got stuck. Right now he's again playing on the server, along with some other friends. So the server just seems to be unreachable for me.
I can join ANY other server without any issues, except the one I'm getting this error message from.

Of course I've tried everything, from verifying the game files up to a complete fresh install of the game. Nothing what I've tried so far solved this issue.

Anyone able to help in that case? I'm deeply grateful for any idea helping to solve my problem.

15 minutes ago, Stafftiner said:

Alright, after 6,000 hours of DayZ on official and modded servers, I'm now encountering my first serious issue which I haven't been able to fix by myself.

Here's what happened:

Me and a friend have been on Skalisty Island, and after swimming back to the coast, I wanted to make a fire to warm up and dry our clothes. I crafted a fireplace from a rag and a few short sticks and tried to ignite it with matches I had stored in a protective case. During the ignite animation my character got stuck somehow, I was just walking/running on the spot without getting forward. So I decided to do a relog. I left the server and tried to rejoin about a minute later, and I got the message "CONNECTING FAILED (0x0001001) Could not connect to the server because it is unreachable"

The interesting part about it: Friends are still able to play on the server. One of my buddies was even right next to me when my character got stuck. Right now he's again playing on the server, along with some other friends. So the server just seems to be unreachable for me.
I can join ANY other server without any issues, except the one I'm getting this error message from.

Of course I've tried everything, from verifying the game files up to a complete fresh install of the game. Nothing what I've tried so far solved this issue.

Anyone able to help in that case? I'm deeply grateful for any idea helping to solve my problem.

Was this on official, so you can join other servers on the public hive with the same character? If not, it sounds like your character was corrupted on that server. It happens rarely, and I've only ever heard about it happening on modded servers due to a modded item causing something weird. The only thing to do in that case is to ask the server admin to delete your character so you can respawn with a new one. If it was on official I don't have a clue what it could be...

Edited by Derleth