PeterT72

VOIP (Xbox)

Question

My mic is not working...still. Alternate MAC Address does not work. My Profile shows that headset is on. My headset is plugged into my xbox controller. I have verified that both are working. I have checked all my settings. Everything looks good. Alternate Mac Address was the final resort. This is obviously game related, specifically to this game. I have read so many posts and watched many you videos. This issue has been going on for years and still no resolution. This is so frustrating. Seriously, when is this problem going to be fixed? 

3 answers to this question

May 2nd. Love this game and have been able to use my Mic before tons of times. Have had many great interactions, and it makes me a friendlier player. I find myself getting shot because people confuse me with the enemy so much more often now than before because I CANNOT USE MY MIC FOR SOME RANDOM REASON. After the Update came my mic just stopped working. I’ve uninstalled, set my xbox setting properly, deleted my saved data but it always comes back because DayZ has my data saved and its inescapable I guess. Im growing old of hunting for loot and having to shoot everyone to survive. This is just 1 bug that really ruins my gaming experience. I can find all the loot in the world and die to my car flipping itself upside down, i dont even care i just stopped using cars. But its just not the same without my mic. I wish someone had a real fix to this obvious problem. 

37 minutes ago, Joseph Medina said:

May 2nd. Love this game and have been able to use my Mic before tons of times. Have had many great interactions, and it makes me a friendlier player. I find myself getting shot because people confuse me with the enemy so much more often now than before because I CANNOT USE MY MIC FOR SOME RANDOM REASON. After the Update came my mic just stopped working. I’ve uninstalled, set my xbox setting properly, deleted my saved data but it always comes back because DayZ has my data saved and its inescapable I guess. Im growing old of hunting for loot and having to shoot everyone to survive. This is just 1 bug that really ruins my gaming experience. I can find all the loot in the world and die to my car flipping itself upside down, i dont even care i just stopped using cars. But its just not the same without my mic. I wish someone had a real fix to this obvious problem. 

Hi, have you double-check the controls settings? We've made some minor changes to them and added voice activation, so if there are some bad default settings in here, you might not see your mic working. Keep also an eye on if you can see the microphone icon pop up or not.

On 2/23/2022 at 6:21 PM, PeterT72 said:

My mic is not working...still. Alternate MAC Address does not work. My Profile shows that headset is on. My headset is plugged into my xbox controller. I have verified that both are working. I have checked all my settings. Everything looks good. Alternate Mac Address was the final resort. This is obviously game related, specifically to this game. I have read so many posts and watched many you videos. This issue has been going on for years and still no resolution. This is so frustrating. Seriously, when is this problem going to be fixed? 

I have this problem and it just won't work, works in every other game, when you check who is online every other player has the mic logo next to their name but none for me, this means I can not communicate with anyone in game and also means I get shot on sight, I have tried to work with it but  this just makes this already difficult and tedious game not worth the time and effort which is a real shame because it is most likely the only real game left that offers any kind of meaningful challenge.

I also went as far as getting the new wireless Xbox headset, this should be an indication of how much i want to play this game but even that still won't work, uninstall, alternate mac address, when the mic is set to voice activation the mic icon is always on if the mic is plugged in and always on with the wireless headset.