Mogalen

I want to live in the woods.

I really don't like the big cities, or even the small ones.

I've spawned in Kamenka and know the place really well now.

One time I had a really good run.

Gathered alot of stuff, had 4 sodas and 4 cans of food, as well as an ak and a m1911, with ammo in both.

I had a hatchet, hunting knife, compass and stuff like bandages etc.

I was so excited to be able to live in the woods when I found a box of matches.

I moved north with a IRL friend towards Polovo or whatever, looting the three deer stands on the way.

When we got to the city we had huge hopes to find matches.

We were just about to loot the first building, but got ambushed by a zombie and neither of us had a hatchet out so I shot the zombie.

Of course, it attracted TONS of zombies.

We ran like madmen and decided to kill the zombies instead of running for half an hour to get to a hill and get rid of them.

I killed the one behind me and decided to back my friend upp, and shot down one of the three zombies behind him, then he turned and screamed in skype: "THERE'S ONE BEHIND YOU!"

Then he shot against it, but the bullet hit me.

I shot the zombie but and bandaged myself, but alas, my bone was broken.

My friend was taken down and was getting chowed at.

I heard his screams of agony as I turned my head towards the sky, wet from the rain.

I realized it was all over.

No hospital for several kilometers...

(PROTIP: If you run down a steep hill with zombies chasing you, they jump like maddafakkas and dies from fall damage ^^)

So I REALLY want to live in the forest, but I can't unless I get a hatchet, hunting knife, matches and a waterbottle... Or is there a way?

Raid large city at start with sod all to loose. Get gear, leave, become mad old geezer that lives in the woods.

Note: If you die during this process repeat the first step.

Raid large city at start with sod all to loose. Get gear' date=' leave, become mad old geezer that lives in the woods.

[/quote']

Hey I resemble that remark! :P

Edit to add: At the OP I think the minimum 'self sufficiency' kit is hatchet, matches, and combat knife, beyond that water bottle (?) maybe too (saves having to go into town for soda's if you can find a pond/lake to refil at).

Raid large city at start with sod all to loose. Get gear' date=' leave, become mad old geezer that lives in the woods.

[/quote']

Hey I resemble that remark! :P

Edit to add: At the OP I think the minimum 'self sufficiency' kit is hatchet, matches, and combat knife, beyond that water bottle (?) maybe too (saves having to go into town for soda's if you can find a pond/lake to refil at).

Don't forget morphine, you'll need that for walking in the woods every once in a while. And a flashlight if you want to play at night.

I have three canteens, hunting knife, matchs, hatchet. I'm currently stalking players to steal a compass and a bigger pack off them, I have some morphine and pain killers, I have enough food to last for along time and I have a ghillie suit, I've been living in the forests for awhile now.

Yesterday I crawled all the way from Polana to Berezino for Morphine. Took a good hour or so, but it was worth it and I have a couple extra Morphine just in case.

As for living in the Woods, you don't need Matches to do so, just be near enough to a small town(s) to Loot. You'll find enough Food to survive and eventually will get matches and other necessary loot to be fully independent. Be sure to locate yourself in an area with a few Deerstands nearby. You still need a supply of Ammo and other consumables.

Yesterday I crawled all the way from Polana to Berezino for Morphine. Took a good hour or so' date=' but it was worth it and I have a couple extra Morphine just in case.

As for living in the Woods, you don't need Matches to do so, just be near enough to a small town(s) to Loot. You'll find enough Food to survive and eventually will get matches and other necessary loot to be fully independent. Be sure to locate yourself in an area with a few Deerstands nearby. You still need a supply of Ammo and other consumables.

[/quote']

theres no guarantee at all that you'll find food in small towns. I've gone 5 small towns without any food or drink a few times.

Yesterday I crawled all the way from Polana to Berezino for Morphine. Took a good hour or so' date=' but it was worth it and I have a couple extra Morphine just in case.

[/quote']

theres no guarantee at all that you'll find food in small towns. I've gone 5 small towns without any food or drink a few times.

True, but living in the woods can be done if one is smart about doing it.

This is really easy, hatchets are in excess near the coast... After that you can pretty much survive anything but a player attack or if you stupidly attract too many zombies rather than going at them one at a time... I'd suggest a compass, map, matches, canteen and a hunting knife make this MUCH easier. Literally not having to leave the woods at all... I could sustain myself now, especially with the amount of ammo I have for my silenced weapons, but where's the fun in that? You fill your basic needs, then create more.

Its possible to live off the woods and raid deer stands. I set myself a goal to look for heli crash sites when i go from stands to stands so i'm not just some crazy hermit who lives in the woods and eat cooked hog meat.

You just have to prepare yourself where to go to look for specific stuff so you don't get caught out.

Loot barns for hatchets. I came across a barn once that had like 3 hatchets in it. Hospitals have morphine but they tend to have bandits around. Smashing windows to get to the goodies only attract more zombies and bandit snipers. However, if you're lucky, you don't need hospital for a morphine. I have come across deer stands with morphine shots before albeit its not as common. As for matches, supermarket or apartment blocks are guaranteed to have them.

I like to live in the woods between Zub castle and Pogorevka. Zub is easy to raid, has lots of useful stuff and I've rarely seen anyone there, and there are two deer stands just east of Pogorevka. Also it's not too far away from Stary Sobor if I feel the need to try get some good stuff from there.