Drunken Bob

Sleep

Sleep would be great in the game, and really risky.

It could be used to help heal sickness, or injuries, and blood regeneration.

I figure it would work like the unconsciousness, everything is black, but you can still hear things, but they may be muted some. You could wake up when you wanted, but there would be a limit on sleep as well. say 8 game hours tops before you cant sleepo anymore.
When you wake up you could also have a few minutes of extra stamina from being well rested. You can sleep once every 24 game hours.

In addition, keeping the tins and cans to make noise traps would be fun as well, they could wake you up, or they could be used to thwart people who are running and sneaking

It's an interesting idea, but who would ever actually play like this?  I suppose if you're going to make dinner or something like that, you could put the character to sleep, but I feel like at that point, you're taking up a server slot unnecessarily when you're not actually playing the game.

As an alternative, this idea could perhaps be tied to logging out.  Instead of a normal logout where your character remains on the server for 15 seconds and then vanishes, you could "sleep exit" where the character lays down, your client session ends, but your character remains on the server say for 1 hour.  During that hour, you are locked out of that server because that slot is no longer available to you, freeing it up for someone else.  Your character is still there though -- "sleeping".  You'd still be consuming a minimal amount of hydration and energy during this time too, so you'd have to make sure you're good on food and water before going nighty-night, otherwise, dying in your sleep would be a possibility.  You would be vulnerable to be killed and/or looted if someone found you wherever you are though.  If your character makes it through the hour, at that point, it vanishes and unlocks, allowing you to play on that server again.

Also, like you say, surviving this could yield big health benefits, like a 50% health gain maybe or curing your cold if you have one.

It's a good idea, so long as it's not taking up a slot for others to play while you're character is asleep.  It could be a good option if you've been playing for hours, have good gear but have been in a few firefights and are injured -- you could finish your play that day by going to sleep for the night.  When you play next time, if your character wasn't killed during the hour you were sleeping, you should be in much better health for the next play session.

• Like 1

On 9/25/2021 at 8:02 PM, drgullen said:

It's an interesting idea, but who would ever actually play like this?  I suppose if you're going to make dinner or something like that, you could put the character to sleep, but I feel like at that point, you're taking up a server slot unnecessarily when you're not actually playing the game.

I don't imagine it to be a passive thing, I imagine it is an active thing where you are actively logged in. You just have a black screen and all the sounds are muted, but you can still wake up, if you need to, especially if you have set up noise alarms and tripwires

Have you ever gotten sick and just sat by a fire taking drugs while waiting for it to get better?
This is much the same, where you can heal faster, but there is a huge risk involved. If you wanted to say, find a tower and take a nap in it to help you get better I don't see it as taking up an active slot, but as playing the game in a more realistic manner.

• Beans 1

Its an interesting idea in my opinion. Especially when being ill it should be a kind of a "supportive" measure that might give you a second chance.

You should definitly not have downsides because of not sleeping but definitily some rewards for doing it.

You could regain blood and health faster aswell (but nothing mayor,  maybe a 1,5x?)

Sleep option would be nice.

1. During sleep you can regenerate your health (not blood) like x2/x3 faster.

2. You have black screen, you wont hear anything, even mumbling

3. During sleep your temperature going down so you need sleep inside house next to the fire or inside tent.

4. You dont know how long you will sleep. It could depend from "global character stamina". It would be another stamina bar that tells us how tired after hours of running etc. our character is.

You login on to the server and you have 100% global stamina, then you play for 1 hour (depend what you do during this hour) and your stamina drops to 90%. But in second hour of play your gameplay is extreamly intense (running and pvp that couses stress) so your character lose not 10% like before but 50%. Then you could go to sleep to regenerate your global stamina. If your global stamina is low, like below 30/40% you start to feel weak, you have less basic stamina, maybe you cannot spirt as fast as always, your screen is sometimes blury etc..

Edited by ZBA