Mackenzie Mcgrath

starting getting 0x00040031 after reinstalling

started getting 0x00040031 after reinstalling and now am unable to play the game at all, cant join official or community servers, cant create new characters, any attempt to join a server results in my screen flashing black then 1 character being invisible then the rest t pose, then 5 to 10 minutes later i get 0x00040031 and get to start the whole process over trying a different server, i have reinstalled 4 times, verified the install serval dozen times and reset my router more times than i can count and nothing seems to work

• Like 1

Hi, can you send us the exact text of the error message please? And to clarify, you have tried to enter multiple official and community servers, and always received the exact same error?

What you can try is, verify your game files via Steam (right-click Dayz in your steam library -> properties -> local files -> verify integrity - check all boxes)

So I’ve been experiencing the same error code (0x00040031) no matter the server (official or community). I’ve posted a couple times and have seen others post the same error code. The devs said they would fix it in the upcoming update but here we are at the hot fix state of the update and nothing has changed. I’m on Xbox one s so I don’t have steam files.

Warning (0x00040031) you were kicked off the game.

Login error:

Login timed out.

(WaitPreloadCamLoginState)

Edited by Mikey420CA