gimmeurlard

Burst mode

I think the burst mode should work like in RL in terms of triggering. Can't see any positive in a burst mode if I have to hold the shoot button instead of a single tap for one burst.

With this in mind imo it's way more reliable to just stay in full auto and burst a few shots by myself.

Loving the fact that DayZ is evolving more and more. Keep up the great work 👍🏻

Edited by gimmeurlard
Props added

This is how the M16A2 works in real life. It's actually more punishing IRL, if e.g. you would fire only 2 shots in one burst, your next shot would only be one, before you could do the next 3 round burst.

• Like 2

I thought more about other weapons. Just learned that the SGK5 is the only one which gets the burst mode too 👍🏻 that's fine

But none the less maybe you're considering to make it tap to burst instead of hold to burst 

Isn't the M16A2 tapping the trigger once and you get 3 shots?

Edited by gimmeurlard

4 hours ago, gimmeurlard said:

Isn't the M16A2 tapping the trigger once and you get 3 shots?

I'm not a gun nut, but from what I know, no.

In semi-auto you also get 3 different trigger pulls due to the way it's made.

https://www.bevfitchett.us/m16a1-m16a2-rifle-marksmanship/burst-fire-mode-ma.html

On 6/18/2021 at 11:31 AM, ImpulZ said:

It's actually more punishing IRL, if e.g. you would fire only 2 shots in one burst, your next shot would only be one, before you could do the next 3 round burst.

I would love to see this implemented, but maybe for gameplay purposes it would suck, idk.

Edited by DefectiveWater