hazey_b

PC hosting for X Box

Apologies if this question has been asked before, i have searched but have been unable to find an answer.

Can I host a server for X Box clients from my PC?

I have downloaded the Day Z server through Steam and I believe it is configured correctly (have forwarded ports 2302/27016 in router and sever is visible in Battlemetrics)

However I cant see my server in the Community server list on my xbox

I noticed a slight version mismatch between pc server (1.12.153904) and my x box (1.12.153902) but have updated server config to support this

i have also read that cross platform is not supported but not sure if that means i just have to configure server to support x box only or that server is for pc clients only.

regards,

Hazey

1 hour ago, hazey_b said:

Can I host a server for X Box clients from my PC?

no

1 hour ago, hazey_b said:

I have downloaded the Day Z server through Steam and I believe it is configured correctly (have forwarded ports 2302/27016 in router and sever is visible in Battlemetrics)

However I cant see my server in the Community server list on my xbox

I noticed a slight version mismatch between pc server (1.12.153904) and my x box (1.12.153902) but have updated server config to support this

i have also read that cross platform is not supported but not sure if that means i just have to configure server to support x box only or that server is for pc clients only.

you have set up a Dayz pc server. Only PC servers are available

You have to go through Nitrado or some other xbox provider to set up a server for xbox

Thanks aux7 for the clarification,

I was hoping that wasn't the case, 

Nitrado is $20 a month 😞

7 hours ago, hazey_b said:

Nitrado is $20 a month 😞

you would probably pay that in electric bills to run the server 24/7

also the room where I have my server is around 28 - 29 degrees C

If you really want to run a server and not use a provider, why dont you just get a pc license and keep running a pc server?