nicepen1

Connecting Failed (0x00020009)

Hi guys,

Connecting Failed (0x00020009)

I read all troubleshooting FAQ in forum but nothing solve this problem.

Here is an our story;

We have played Dayz with my son for a year. We bought 2 licenses also we have Livonia DLC. But in last 3 days, The dayz which is installed in my son's machine showed this error message. I didn't see this message in last year even once. He runs dayz launcher and game opens, choose a server usual. After that when he clicks to play, He gets this error in popup window. (PC)

I connected to our router with cable, he connects via wifi.

I tried these possible solutions;

Verified local files, check startup parameters, reinstalled the game twice,  updated network drivers.

no result!

I tried hotspot internet connection via my cellphone. It worked, he can play with hotspot. So I called our ISP and they checked our connection. They said there is no any problems on internet.

My steam id is burak_olur
My son's steam  id is elmontesk

We played Dayz around 1k hours but we can not play anymore and we are really sad about it.

Can anyone please help us? I really need any suggestions or solutions.
There is a screenshot: https://imgur.com/O1mnMS0

Thanks in Advance

Edited by nicepen1

@nicepen1

Out of curiosity, have you tried connecting your son hardwired to the router (i.e. take the wifi out of it)?  Dunno if it'll make a difference, but you could at least rule that out.

• Like 1

no I didn't. I don't want to mess up the home

Edited by nicepen1

I have the exact same problem and am not sure what is causing it, I think it might come from some problems with the ISP and connecting to community servers or just servers directly but I have no proof for this. if anybody could find a way to test this it would be great as I´m not very experienced with such troubleshooting