Sign in to follow this  
Dayzo

Will the price go any lower in six months to a year? Will the game be more stable by then?

DayZ Livonia edition is 31.50€ this weekend.

Do you think in six months to a year, this price will get substantially lower? Will the game be better in terms of stability and bugs in a year's time?

Or is 31.50€ about the best offer I'm going to get, and the game is not going to improve much, so I may as well get it now?

It's not just to do with getting another 10€ off. I'm really busy just now, so I'm looking for a reason not to install this for another few months

I don't want to buy it, but then not really have time to play it for months, and finally when I'm ready, I find out that it's half the price with another map added. 🙂 

Maybe Arma3 Apex for 17€ is a better choice for just now...

Edited by Dayzo

It is what it is. The best time to buy "Dayz" was when it was in its weakest state - and i mean long before version 1.0 happened. Livonia is just a ported map with a few twists - not worth the effort in my opinion; doesn't matter the price, it's just a poorly designed map with fields, more fields, even more fields, forests and a river (more like a bigger canal really...). It's not Taviana, that's for sure.

Chances that the game will get a lot cheaper in a year or so are slim at best. People are saying that "Dayz" is in its best shape currently - which is good enough PR to keep the price tag glow. Then there's the improvement part... Some new versions will propably pop up but that doesn't mean anything really. Bohemia fixes one thing, break the other, experiment a lot and that's pretty much it. I would love to see this game PACKED with stable new content and features, but it's just a wishful thinking. Game has enormous potential - and just like triple A productions, it is wasted over the years. If it was other way around then people would not even care about its price - they would just get it and play all day.

• Like 1

I doubt price will go down, it's often on a sale for like 24 euros which is a good deal, 40 might be too much for a lot of people in it's current state.

I would personally skip out on Livonia, get the base game (on sale), enjoy the Chernarus and modded maps, and if you ever want to try Livonia, you can always buy it afterwards.
Majority of servers are on Chernarus for a reason. It has a better flow than Livonia, the only downside is that it looks less aesthetically pleasing compared to the green Livonia.

Edited by DefectiveWater
  • Like 1

I've seen sales recently at reasonable prices.  Heck, Arma III with ALL the DLCs except the two externally developed ones could have been bought on Steam this past weekend for less than $30.  I'm sure DayZ will get there too.  As to a 'stable' version, I've spent HOURS on servers and my own servers.  I've seen very little in terms of stability issues, even with 20-30+ mods included.