Sign in to follow this  
desolate-master

3 Kp/h shunt destroys Ada

Question

i was driving back to my camp with a pristine ada when the car started acting up (bunnyhopping/skidding uncontrollably even when driving straight) i managed to come to a stop "allmost" but tapped a bale of hay at 3 Kp/h. when i got out to inspect my car it had destroyed both front wheels/ the hood /radiator / one of the lights and badly warped the frame (badly damaged). are Ada's made of tinfoil or is there a serious issue with collision damage on top of the driving mechanics that make it uncontrolable over 30 Kp/h?

Edited by desolate-master
spelling

2 answers to this question

Welcome to DayZ.  Driving can sometimes be a challenge and it depends on several factors, I believe; mainly your internet connection/quality and which console you are playing on.  I don't believe the damage issue is limited to the ADA.  The vehicle which seems to be the most durable is the M3S truck.

I play on the Xbox Series X and have very good internet service and driving is usually very stable for me, but I still occasionally have issues 🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ed Crather said:

Driving can sometimes be a challenge and it depends on several factors, I believe; mainly your internet connection/quality and which console you are playing on.

I'm not sure how much the console type affects stability.  Vehicles are controlled by the server you connect to.  Sometimes, the internet doesn't behave and the commands you input aren't received in time.   When client-server communication resumes, you see the aftermath of when you had no control;  the car is sideways, the front tires, radiator, and sparkplug are all ruined.   The car probably hit that hay bale at 40+ km/h but what you saw isn't what really happened on the server.

• Beans 1