Terry Bulli

New melee ruined it for me

This game was really fun to me. I play on official as well as run two small (20 slot) but high pop servers. This last updates changes to melee especially against zombies has me thinking it might be done for. I get the whole stealthy idea but on console it's straight up boring and time consuming. I don't have 4 hours to play just to make it down one street. On the other side if you try to play to have fun a weapon like a sledgehammer in pristine condition might not even last a whole town worth of zombies. Please please please either make the weapons not break so easily or make the zombies easier to kill. I've had to half the number of zombies on my easier server just to get people to play.

On a side note. Is anyone else completely done with growing crops now? It was worth it when they kept coming back but now they die most of the time before I even log back on AND they're more work? Completely made that part of the game obsolete for most people I think.

Anyone else get the same feelings?

Edited by Terry Bulli
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I wouldn't mind the melee being more difficult if you could crouch sprint past them. They hear you so easily now. Even when you're inside a house they hear you. It sucks. Im tired of running into buildings to wait them out and have to constantly repair clothes and weapons. I use a pistol with a silencer on them now but even then they're a waste of ammo. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm really struggling to understand why so many people are having real trouble with the infected in 1.12. They're really not that difficult to get around.

Are players just (crouch) sprinting everywhere? If so, it's no wonder that you are drawing attention to yourselves.

As for pistols, yes use them. They fuck all use against players anyway (apart from the Deagle), so they're hardly a waste of ammo on the infected. Get a 9mm and your laughing. Every map I've played on is drenched in 9mm and silencers.

It's kinda a no brainer.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Beans 1

34 minutes ago, Tonyeh said:

I'm really struggling to understand why so many people are having real trouble with the infected in 1.12.

Because it's such a massive change that isn't really refined yet, in my opinion (and people have to get used to it as well, so it will take some time).

Sometimes I'm sneaking behind a zed, and it just does a 90 degree turn and notices me (wearing sneakers on grass, not crouch sprinting)

Or I open a door and it alerts zeds around me, with no way to open them silently.

And zombie heads taking less damage than they used to...

Edited by DefectiveWater

Seriously, I have just this hour got into a scrap with about 6 of them at a military base and walked away from it. I was bleeding from all angles and had to bandage very quickly mind you. But they're not the death sentence that some players are trying to make them out to be.

If I had my way, I'd make them harder and have many more of them too. I'd have them zone in to a greater degree on shots fired and make them hunt for longer. They give up far too easy now. And I'd get rid of that ignore mechanic that they current have.

I'm on Esseker at the moment and the hardest thing about the zeds is the fact that they can clip through closed doors on that map. But if I want to get by them, I just crouch walk. It just takes a little more time (really, a LITTLE more time).

• Sad 1

@Tonyeh I agree, the search time is ridiculously short.  Shooting twice should aggro the shit out of every infected to that spot's vicinity.  Gunning them down and switching positions is easy.  The suppressors make weapons SO quiet now that you can be inside of 20m and other infected won't even know you shot a round.  It needs a lot of work.

The silencers in 1.12 I don't mind at all I must admit. They're a vast improvement over every other patch and are great for clearing out a place of zeds. I actually use some weapons in the game now that I otherwise would never have even bothered touching. The Amphibia, Skorpion and Makarov are great little weapons now and actually fit for some purpose.

But the zeds need do to be made more aggressive in their searches I think. Mind you, they do rile each other up now, which is a good thing. But yeah, the new infected are definitely a WIP at the moment.

I like them though. They're certainly more difficult to deal with, but they really needed that.

I understand the zombies are not fun to fight anymore but they did need to be stronger. Combinations of power attacks and parrying do the trick. They are now more of a threat in pvp making the fights more dynamic, I'll get KO and the zombies I feel have saved my life in some situations.

Crouch walking or sprinting seems to activate zombies making the silent take down very hard to do imo

On 5/20/2021 at 5:23 PM, Terry Bulli said:

This game was really fun to me. I play on official as well as run two small (20 slot) but high pop servers. This last updates changes to melee especially against zombies has me thinking it might be done for. I get the whole stealthy idea but on console it's straight up boring and time consuming. I don't have 4 hours to play just to make it down one street. On the other side if you try to play to have fun a weapon like a sledgehammer in pristine condition might not even last a whole town worth of zombies. Please please please either make the weapons not break so easily or make the zombies easier to kill. I've had to half the number of zombies on my easier server just to get people to play.

On a side note. Is anyone else completely done with growing crops now? It was worth it when they kept coming back but now they die most of the time before I even log back on AND they're more work? Completely made that part of the game obsolete for most people I think.

Anyone else get the same feelings?

I definitely agree with you on this post.

I miss my "Wait for the zombie to charge me, then Hit him with my sledgehammer finishing move and flip em"

Don't get me wrong even though the zombies are tougher if you hit them with a power hit it will stun them and then you just continue to hit them in the head and they will die within three hits with a sledgehammer.

But honestly I wish they would have never touched the infected and just added the stealth element they did.

As you said it takes entirely too long to go through a town now, And it's not because the zombies are harder It's because they're more annoying now ha ha

another thing is at night time I wish that because zombies used to be human also they should not be able to see us at night at all Only react to light and sound.

Well, this is why playing on console is so useless for DayZ.  If you can't use mods to change what you don't or do like, you end up unsatisfied.  Get a real computer and things will be very, very different.