Sign in to follow this  
peep

US 237 Thread - General Information and Discussion

This server has been up for only a few days now but so far everything has been going very smoothly so I've decided to open this thread for feedback and questions/concerns. I'm currently seeing around 15-25 normal players and a bit more exposure would be great.

Server Name: US237

Difficulty: Veteran

Third Person: On

Crosshair: Off

Name Tags: Off

Death Messages: Off

This server is not owned by any clan, but only a very small group of friends. Everyone is welcome to play here and you are free to do what you wish without worry of stepping onto a territory heavily guarded by ten admins with clan tags. We are very light on the banhammer but highly discourage combat disconnects. The server is watched over by myself frequently and is restarted throughout that day as necessary. There has never to date been an issue with lag and the server CPU has never gone over 50% usage.

Donations are highly appreciated but are not required by any means. The machine hosting this server has been rented for almost two years now, and is in no danger of going down anytime soon. But because it is expensive and is being paid for by only a few people instead of a large clan, I'll stick a donation link here: https://www.nfoserve...goats@gmail.com

I'll update this OP as the server develops more and I have more information. Thanks for checking us out!

Edited by Peep
  • Like 1

Hey there. Myself and a few of my friends play on your server and are having a great time on it. Any idea when it might be updated to 1.7.2.3? :)

Thanks,

Harlan

Edited by Harlan

Same crew as harlan over here...

Been playing there for a few days now, quite a decent server... but the occasional influx of players(around 10-20 in less than 10 mins) will seriously destabilize the server and when it is running at around 70/100 the estimated login time is around 15 mins... figured I should point it out.

Hope to see you before you see me on 237!

Sorry for not paying attention to this thread, I forgot about it :(

I've since lowered the slot count to 60, that seems to be a good max player number, increasing it beyond that was mainly a test.

I know there is a way to lock the server automatically for a few seconds when somebody connects to prevent spam but I'm not sure if that's allowed nor do I know how to turn it on.

Other than that the server should be running completely smooth at this point, there was a desync issue earlier but it wasn't entirely isolated to our server, and I think it had something to do with a setting that was recently recommended as being turned off. I turned it back on though and the desync seems to have gone away, the issue it fixed isn't worth the lag.

Did the server just fully reset tonight 7/25, Clean Slated? Admin started reset @ ~1:06 AM EST. Got 2 minute warning message. When I logged back in to check on everything, it had all dissapeared. Not just an unfortunate tent wipe, but tents completely dissapeared. Checked on several camps that I had discovered earlier and they were gone too, tents and all.

Edited by Rnkd