gimmeurlard

Add stick settings on controller

I am experiencing and played with a lot of people on PS4 who are experiencing stick drift on controller. Almost any controller I have ever bought had this issue. Some less, some more.

For some reason this is way worse in DayZ compared to other games. For example moving to one direction or looking up in the sky without even touching the controller.

So it would be nice to have a controller setting for stick deadzones like it's implemented in a lot of other multiplayer games. 

Edited by gimmeurlard
translation mistake

2 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Sounds like a faulty stick if it's moving on its own

I think this is bc of the cheap sticks on controllers. I bought like 10 controllers over the years and would guess like 7 or 8 of them had this issue right after using them the first time. Almost everyone I know who plays on PlayStation has or at least once had this issue

3 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Sounds like a faulty stick if it's moving on its own

Yeah this is true but... that's why games have deadzone settings. Should be mandatory for a game on consoles to have basic controller settings like that.

15 minutes ago, DefectiveWater said:

Yeah this is true but... that's why games have deadzone settings. Should be mandatory for a game on consoles to have basic controller settings like that.

It would certainly be handy. I've had a controller start doing that after my son borrowed it!