Sign in to follow this  
TragicEnd

With so many exploits I cant have a private server DB?...or Single Player?

So they game has serious flaws in the areas that relate to....other people.

Disconnects, deathmatch, spawn camping snipers ect.

We all know that its dwindling the playercount and turning a once great mod into a COD fest.

Yet we are forbidden from having a singleplayer mod to just have fun on our own and forbidden for creating a private server for groups of people who wont play like asshats.

According to rocket its because this is an alpha and we need to be working on bugs and finding bugs...well fix the exploits then, its only been a problem since the start of the mod. Maybe the game will survive, until then, well, there are plenty of workarounds to getting a single-player mission to work, I just think the facism has gone on long enough.

Defend it all you want, but everyone killing everyone is NOT how the real world would be during this type of crisis, just in movies. The idea of being a loner is a anti-social personality disorder or paranoia, not a survival trait.

Playerbase is increasing to record amounts. Your fact checking needs improving.

No brah.... WE ALL KNOW!!!!11!!!

People need to stop posting this stupid crap.

deathmatch(...)COD fest

Stopped reading there and decided that zero fucks will be given

Mentioning CoD means that you have no point to start with

Are you just pretending to be retarded, or were you born that way?

Please re-read the OP post and realise that OP clearly didn't know that. Stop posting completely, it'd do the community a favour as I'm not sure you capable of rational thought.

Are you just pretending to be retarded' date=' or were you born that way?

Please re-read the OP post and realise that OP clearly didn't know that. Stop posting completely, it'd do the community a favour as I'm not sure you capable of rational thought.

[/quote']

Seems your sarcasm meter is broken brosef.

I was agreeing with you and making fun of the OP.

Way to fly off the handle at the slightest provocation though...

I really don't see how that is sarcastic.

But... ok? i guess

Perhaps I should clarify that by 'stupid crap' I was referring to "ZOMG!!!!!11!!! Teh playurbaze iz goin byebuy!!!!!!!11eleven!!"

Also people need to stop with the whole "everyone would not kill everyone" nonsense.

The world is constantly, at best, a few hot meals away from becoming a hell hole. All it would take would be for the water and food supplies to be cut off in an urban or suburban area for a slightly extended duration and people would be killing each other over beans.

Survival guides constantly state that the biggest threat to your safety during most types of catastrophes is OTHER PEOPLE. NOT the disaster itself.

So new people join everyday, and they play for a few days, get sniped and say "sure glad I didnt spend any money on this mod, I cant even stay spawned for 10 minutes"

How long do you think that player will last with the mod? I make my statements based on posts I have read here, of other people leaving the mod. So yes, while more people are BEGINNING to play, other people are quitting. The media hype can only draw in so many people, then do you really think new players are going to enjoy getting shot immediately or a few minutes after walking into town?

And hawk, you can make cute comments all you want but it doesnt change the fact that sitting ontop of a building sniping people at random is a pretty deathmatch/Cod fan thing to do...unless you just took that personally because you play the game

And to your reply citizenQ, if supplies wernt so plentiful in the mod then I would agree, but nobody kills anyone for beans anymore, they do it for convenience

...snip....

And to your reply citizenQ' date=' if supplies wernt so plentiful in the mod then I would agree, but nobody kills anyone for beans anymore, they do it for convenience

[/quote']

Derp.

They kill people for two reasons.

ONE: To protect themselves and the supplies they have gathered especially the rarer ones.

TWO: To take supplies from people. Especially the rare ones.

As to your other point, If some moron is going to spend all the time setting this game up, in addition to likely having to buy and download ARMA2, and then just quit because they suck when they start, they probably didn't need to be playing this game in the first place.

PROTIP: THIS GAME IS FUCKING HARD.

Erm, yes and lets take out the Zombies while we are at it so we can all play solo risk free. What fun.

Wrath....youve missed the point yet again. Media hype= alot of players. there would be even more players if the game didnt have so many exploits. Dwindling doesnt mean less than ever before...it means less than there could be

And the only reason the game is hard because of exploits and people sitting on roofs sniping you as you spawn. Sneaking past zombies is difficult, surviving a sniper posted up on the beach is a flaw

And I love people who pile in defending PVP when I said nothing against it. Kill yourselfs to your hearts content.

but I see no reason why a private server or a SP game would hurt any of you, which is why im so confused why you defend it so hard.

death match is primarily our problem to solve. you dislike it? form up a squad to police servers (or one specific server) and hunt down bandits, nothing's stopping you and it would be a much appreciated endeavor. bet it'd be pretty fun and satisfying too.

disconnecting exploit will be addressed i'm sure, but it has to be addressed effectively without opening up more exploits.

a lot of the people complaining that i've seen here (forums in general, not this thread specifically) did not do proper research on the mod before hopping into it. for example, the zombies aren't supposed to be the threat, people are. it's supposed to be brutal, impossibly hard, and unfair, it's designed to make you feel frustrated, the players should be the ones determining how the game world is, not the devs etc. to them: caveat emptor, before you buy anything you should research the product.

as for private servers, might happen in the future, who knows. i like the persistence and planned standardization of the current model personally. single player is not currently within scope of project as far as i know.

Wrath....youve missed the point yet again. Media hype= alot of players. there would be even more players if the game didnt have so many exploits. Dwindling doesnt mean less than ever before...it means less than there could be

Oh really? So where are you getting this information from? Care to provide a source? Because as far as ANYTHING is concerned, unless ever person in the world is playing a game 'it means there is less than there could be'.

You may also want to double check your definition of 'dwindling', because it definitely doesn't mean what you think it means.

Defend it all you want' date=' but everyone killing everyone is NOT how the real world would be during this type of crisis, just in movies. The idea of being a loner is a anti-social personality disorder or paranoia, not a survival trait.

[/quote']

So you know how people would react after the world and all society has been decimated by endless amounts of flesh eating zombies...............................................ok then

alpha is not perfect

lik dis if u cri evri tiem

why did this need a thread?

Check out the Angry Adventure channel on Youtube. You can use that setup in conjunction with Tungle.

So new people join everyday' date=' and they play for a few days, get sniped and say "sure glad I didnt spend any money on this mod, I cant even stay spawned for 10 minutes"

How long do you think that player will last with the mod? I make my statements based on posts I have read here, of other people leaving the mod. So yes, while more people are BEGINNING to play, other people are quitting. The media hype can only draw in so many people, then do you really think new players are going to enjoy getting shot immediately or a few minutes after walking into town?

And hawk, you can make cute comments all you want but it doesnt change the fact that sitting ontop of a building sniping people at random is a pretty deathmatch/Cod fan thing to do...unless you just took that personally because you play the game

[hr']

And to your reply citizenQ, if supplies wernt so plentiful in the mod then I would agree, but nobody kills anyone for beans anymore, they do it for convenience

...snip....

And to your reply citizenQ' date=' if supplies wernt so plentiful in the mod then I would agree, but nobody kills anyone for beans anymore, they do it for convenience

[/quote']

Derp.

They kill people for two reasons.

ONE: To protect themselves and the supplies they have gathered especially the rarer ones.

TWO: To take supplies from people. Especially the rare ones.

As to your other point, If some moron is going to spend all the time setting this game up, in addition to likely having to buy and download ARMA2, and then just quit because they suck when they start, they probably didn't need to be playing this game in the first place.

PROTIP: THIS GAME IS FUCKING HARD.

protip this game is unfinished and needs more features and things to do.

I get the op's frustration, but it's a little mis-guided, as has been so kindly pointed out.

As far as players leaving.. it happens to *every* game/mod/sport.. etc.

In my experience with modding, (since QTF fyi) I have seen many mods come and go. I have seen thousands of players try out a mod, and realize that it's not for them.

This game(mod) is no different.. with the amount of press this mod gets, there is going to be a huge spike of players with every update.. then, as people lose interest, get frustrated, or just move on to something else, those player counts will eventually taper back down to the norm.

I completely understand how a new player could get frustrated and rage-quit, but in all honesty, it's their own fault, if they do that. This mod has heaps of potential, but you have to give yourself the chance to get used to it.. it's an amazing mod, but it's just that.. a mod. It isn't meant for *everyone*, it's meant for the players who want something different.. something challenging, and I guarantee, once all the newbs quit and the new players get experienced, this community will still be thriving and it will still be full of passionate people who care about this game.

When Rocket removed the starter weapons from the mod, a lot of people complained and bitched.. guess what, it didn't change anything. The players who are passionate and understand this mod for what it is will stick around and adapt, and the ones who aren't cut out for it will leave.

I've seen mods (and commercial games) die because the devs tried too hard to please everyone involved.. look at BF3, if the majority of the players complain about some "Over powered" gun, or gadget, Dice nerfs, or buffs it, it's because of all the outcry.. and it ruins the game for the real players.. hell the ones who complained probably don't even play anymore when the update comes out, they weren't serious about it in the first place..

I guess what I'm trying to say is that this mod is here for our enjoyment, frustration and adrenaline rush, but at the end of the day, Rocket has made it clear that this is "not a game, it's art" and it's his before anyone else's. If he wants to make us spawn in the middle of the ocean, "naked, wearing only a cock-ring"*, then that's his call to make.. and I for one will continue playing it. Gladly. :)

*(extra points if you can tell me what movie that's from)

If you don't like the mod the way it is now, go play something else. Rocket is not bounded by any contract to supply your needs. The mod is free. He does not force anyone to play it. grow up.

Stupid thread.

There are lots of exploits, but playing this game without the potential of hostile players would be the most bland and boring thing ever. That's probably why.

Little late to the party, but there was a single player modification for DayZ. However, rocket confirmed it was breeding new hacks, which you clearly don't want, since that was a part of the OP. So... there's that.

And private servers would do no less. People could just work on their H4X, and then try them in the actual HIVE servers when they perfect them.

So, case in point, no. No bueno.

6500000 survival attempts

PvP has caused < 1500000 deaths ( < 1100000 murders and < 300000 bandit kills)

PvE has killed > 5000000 players

Does this stat include players spam respawning to get a good spawn location?