maurotr12

Suggestion, make veggies & fruits useful and improve late game

TL:DR

Spoiler

Add a nutrition value in order to make veggies have a role in the game, and increase the spawn rate of such loot in the NW part of the map and decrease in the coast . This nutrition value would have negative effects if low & positive effects if high on your stamina for example. Add soups to add additional small bonuses to reward gardening and eating veggies/fruits & hunting differents animals.

Am i the only one around here that has never bother with gardening because the calories in veggies & fruits are not worth it? am i the only one that has plenty of food past the coast so there is no need to grow food? Am i the only one that hardly ever goes past the NW airfield anymore into the super cool surrounding towns like lopatino, vavilovo, etc, because there are no practical reasons to do so? And even if i do there are few players in those areas?

Ever since the airfield was reworked i feel i always just go to the airfield get fully looted and stay there waiting for pvp or go to stary/novy/kabanino. I feel there are no practical reasons to go lets say to vavilovo or novaya petrovka. Also usually no point in going to tisy, you get everything in the airfield either from loot or killing someone. Also there is more chance for pvp in the airfield/stary/novy/kab than in tisy & the NW part of the map in my opinion.

Last it makes sense that veggies have low calories, but they should play another role otherwise the mechanic is mostly wasted. 

Well if i am not alone here is a simple suggestion to change all of this and make the northwest part of the map more practical to explore and disperse the pvp not just in the airfield but in the surrounding areas too.

Here it is: Add a nutrition value, separate from the hunger value. What the nutrition value would do is improve/decrease a variety of stats. For example total stamina and stamina regain rate.

The nutrition value is a value between 0-100, when a new character spawn it has a base nutrition value of 50. With time that value decreases unless you eat nutritious food, like fruits/veggies & meat. At zero the penalty could be something like -15% decrease in total stamina & regain rate and at 100 it could be a 15% increase.

As for the regain/decay rate of the nutrition value i feel it should be low, so you can't just eat 5 vegetables and be at 100. The decay particularly should be low so as to not penalize fresh spawns as much. IMO after 1hour of gameplay if you didn't eat any nutritious food at all should be around 15 or so.

You could also combine the different vegetables and even combine the vegetables with meat to create a quicker to eat and higher nutritious food that also increases calories. Like for example soups. The more variety of veggies the quicker you get more nutrients, this encourages planting several types of veggies, instead of eating 100 tomatoes you eat a variety of food in a single dish quickly. 

The spawn of seeds & gardening gear, as well as animals, should be low in the coast and high in the NW surroundings areas, hence creating a practical need to go into that part of the map that i feel is underutilized as of now. This would create a situation in which a lot of people would be either farming/hunting in the NW areas creating more pvp opportunities there and not just in the airfield. For example, let's say you are camping the airfield, and you hear a shot in the distance towards vavilovo, you know that someone may be hunting and probably about to farm, that will take a while so you can move there and get pvp/interactions. Another example is that if you just came into novy for ex, you have 2 choices, either go into the airfield with a low nutritious value, or go to a neighboring town and do some gardening/cooking in order to get into the airfield with stamina bonuses.

Note: This example is just for stamina but this system could be expanded affecting running speed, health & disease resistance. Also if you implemented something like soups (combining veggies with meat) you could make a variety of soups that affect different stats. For example a bear meat soup could increase your health allowing you to tank an extra bullet. This would make bear hunting a practical objective yet dangerous & rewarding thing to do in late game and would incentivize exploration. Likewise fish soups could make you immune to disease. Venison soup increase your running speed by let say 4%. So basically another cool and practical thing to do in late game which i feel is pretty boring right now. 

Note2: The numbers i provided are illustrative and the balancing of such mechanic is completely up to the devs who know more than i do. 

That's all let me know what you think about it.

Personally I've been saved from starvation more times than I care to recall by finding a vegetable plot on the coast. I think the fact that it's so easy and quick to grow food  would make it too op in my opinion. It's a good supplement and useful in a pinch.