Sign in to follow this  
Gluon_NL

DayZ jumps back to dashboard

Question

I keep being dashboarded, game keeps cutting out when I load in or just after loading in. On other servers i have no problems, only on the community server i normally play on, my friends can still play, can anyone help me please?

12 answers to this question

On 4/24/2021 at 7:04 AM, Gluon_NL said:

I keep being dashboarded, game keeps cutting out when I load in or just after loading in. On other servers i have no problems, only on the community server i normally play on, my friends can still play, can anyone help me please?

Im also getting this atleast once a day but on Official Servers, it fixes itself eventually but iv no idea whats causing it.

Edited by Surfjayce

Hi, we are aware of this problem and working on it with top priority. There are however still some things unclear to us, so any detail about the crash would help us.

5 hours ago, Surfjayce said:

Im also getting this atleast once a day but on Official Servers, it fixes itself eventually but iv no idea whats causing it.

• Does it always happen with the server you played on previously?
  • When does the issue appear for you, when you launch the game for the first time on that day?
  • What do you mean with "it fixes itself", does it allow you after trying to connect to this one server after several attempts, or do you need to connect to a different server in between?

Any detail is appreciated. Thank you for reporting and apologies for the inconvenience.

3 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

Hi, we are aware of this problem and working on it with top priority. There are however still some things unclear to us, so any detail about the crash would help us.

• When does the issue appear for you, when you launch the game for the first time on that day?
  • What do you mean with "it fixes itself", does it allow you after trying to connect to this one server after several attempts, or do you need to connect to a different server in between?

Any detail is appreciated. Thank you for reporting and apologies for the inconvenience.

It’s intermittent for me (not OP but experiencing the same), I’ll get into the server on occasion but then my game will crash moments later, and other times the game just will dashboard when I get to the loading screen of the server. I’ve tried on two separate accounts and it does the same. The issue happens all the time, to the point I can’t play on the server anymore.

3 hours ago, BenLucione said:

It’s intermittent for me (not OP but experiencing the same), I’ll get into the server on occasion but then my game will crash moments later, and other times the game just will dashboard when I get to the loading screen of the server. I’ve tried on two separate accounts and it does the same. The issue happens all the time, to the point I can’t play on the server anymore.

Are both of your accounts in the same location, possibly close to a larger base?  And do you mean occasionally you manage to fully spawn in and run around, before it crashes? What's the longest you can stay on that server before your game crashes, are we talking seconds or minutes?

Mine only happens in official servers, its happening daily and sometimes multiple times daily. there is no specific locale for this as iv been all over the map looking for a truck.  It most recently happened in the last 20 minutes i managed to log in fine and was just leaving MBVMC walking in a fairly open field area and the game crashed, from that point on when i try to open the server it counts don from 15 but dashboards before it starts. On all occasions i have still been able to log into a community server with no issues. on a few occasions, after iv tried the community server i can then go back to the official and it will sometimes work, like just now for instance, i was able to log into the official server after trying and leaving the community server, however with in less than 20 steps the game crashed again and now continues to dashboard at the end of each 15 second countdown.

Most of the times this has happened it has not been an in game crash that starts it, but it usually starts from just trying to start a game and it counts down 15 seconds then dashboards. but as stated above today has been a mix of in game crashes and 15 second countdown dashboarding.

Im playing on an Xbox Series X with open NAT internet at an average of 75mbps download and 25mbps upload.

Update: after waiting for 10 minutes on dashboard and trying again i was able to open the server and lasted maybe 1 minute before it crashed, i then tried a hard restart of my console, the first attempt at opening the server after this failed, dashboarding after the 15 second timer, i then waited a few minutes and tried again, this time i was successful but once again only managed to walk for about 30 seconds until the game crashed. Today has been the worst its been since i first noticed it last week.

Edited by Surfjayce

8 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

1.Yes it happens on the one server play on, unfortunately i haven't tried any other official servers as im searching for vehicles and do not really want to lose my log in location

2.timing is random, iv had it on my first log in of the day but also late in the evening after logging in several times that day

3."fixes itself" meaning i dont feel like i contributed to fixing it by doing anything my side, it merely starts working again after time, how long i can not say as some times i will try again after 10 minutes and it will work, others iv left it a few hours before retrying.

Edited by Surfjayce

Hello Bohemia,

I am also experiencing these issues, which seem to be recent, as in 4-5 days ago.

Here are the problems I am experiencing on my Xbox One X:

Dayz will launch from the Xbox Home Screen.

It will load the Server Select / Community Screen and allow selection of either.

The Game will then begin to launch, resulting in three possibilities.

1 - Upon selecting a server, whether official or community, the screen "will not" move past Server Select. All of the information remains and the game will not progress. However, after two or three minutes it will revert to the main Dayz Play Screen if I try to use any of the button functions shown on the Server Select menu. Any further attempts to connect will create the same result.

2 - Upon selecting a server, whether official or community, the screen "will" move past Server Select and provide the standard 15 second countdown. The game will then move to the loading bar which progresses the usual 50% before switching back to the image of whatever character is displayed at server select. All of this is normal. However, the game will fail to launch beyond that point, as it sits idle on that last screen for up to 30 seconds before crashing to the Xbox Home Screen.

3 - Upon selecting a server, whether official or community, the screen "will" move past Server Select and provide the standard 15 second countdown. The game will then move to the loading bar which progresses the usual 50% before switching back to the image of whatever character is displayed at server select. The Game will then load correctly and be playable for an unspecified amount of time. Anywhere from minutes to hours.

These are new problems as I played Dayz for three weeks on Gamepass before purchasing. The only issues were the standard 7, 8, 9 10 seconds of red text before being disconnected and that was tolerable. The current problems are unplayable. The game simply refuses to complete its launch. I can even see my Personal Unmodified Nitrado Server getting a handshake allowing the character access, but again, the game will not fully launch.

Things I have tried to fix the issue:

Reinstalled the game.

Rebooted my Xbox One X numerous times. Soft Boot, Hard Boot, Uplugged multiple times for up to 10 minutes.

Rebooted my cable modem and router several times. Switched from cable to wifi.

Inspected my Xbox and made sure airflow was not restricted in case of overheating.

Tested other games that require online access and those launch without issue.

I will also try to recount the last two days activity. Successes and Failures to launch the game.

April 26: Launched game around 9am to Private Nitrado Server. Game hangs at Server Select and performs the first option listed above. I relaunched game and tried again. This time the game launched correctly and I played until a 7, 8, 9 10 Red Text countdown began. Game returned to the Play screen and I quickly reconnected. This launch went uninterrupted until the server restarted at noon. I did get caught in the restart, getting booted to the Play screen with the standard, "You were kicked due to server restart message.

After that the game would not fully launch. I then reset my Xbox and attempted again. No success. I tried restarting the Private Nitrado Server. No Success. I performed a reboot of the Xbox, unplugged the cable for at least 5 minutes then restarted. No success in connecting to the server followed. I tried rebooting my cable modem and router. No success. I switched to wifi and success. Mind you it was six hours later as I gave up for awhile. This new connection lasted 20? minutes before freezing and crashing. A following attempt was successful but crashed to desktop without a freeze within minutes. After several more attempts, I gave up for the night.

April 27:

No success. I continue to get option 1 and 2 listed above. I did attempt to join an empty official server with no success either, followed by an attempt to reconnect to my Private Nitrado Server. No success. The game simply will not work.

And again, these are new problems. I did not experience anything like this for the first 5 weeks of playing and I've been playing a fair amount to learn the game. There is nothing else I can do from my end.

----Update----

April 27:

Around 6pm I decided to give things another go. Did a full uninstall, deleting save data as well, a hard reset and reinstall followed by another reset. I then tried logging into my private server. This did not work, so I did the only thing people have suggested. I tried to log into an official server. After the fourth attempt it allowed me in on an old official character. I then logged and attempted to join my private server which worked. For the next few hours there were no problems beyond one red text 7, 8, 9 10 disconnect.

April 28:

First attempt to log in was answered by not progressing past Server Select. Second attempt, after closing and relaunching the game, was successful but after 30-40 mins I was kicked to the Play screen for not being Whitelisted on my own server that only has one name whitelisted. I found that interesting. Third Attempt was successful and no further problems arose for the rest of the day.

April 29:

First attempt Froze and Crashed to Xbox Home after 5 minutes.

Second Attempt Froze and Crashed to Xbox Home after 5-10 minutes.

Third Attempt Crashed to Xbox Home after 10 minutes. There was no Freeze before the Crash.

Fourth Attempt was a logging to Official Servers which worked, then a relog to my Private Server. This was successful until I got caught in the Server Restart at noon.

Fifth Attempt after the Server Restart was met with a Crash to Xbox home before loading into the server.

Sixth Attempt, I logged into an Official Server and then relogged to my Private Server and had no further issues.

Update:

Since my last edit, this problem persists. The only fix that seems to work, and I use that term loosely, is to log into an official server then log into whatever community server you wish to join. However, this can be tedious to do as it tends to crash when logging to an official server. If I do not do this then the game with either crash before loading completely, stay on the server select screen or become so glitchy that the game will crash to desktop within minutes. I also do this after a server reset just to make sure I avoid any further issues.

Hope a fix is soon as it's very annoying to spend at least a half hour to an hour to log in for the first time each day. 

Edited by Dosar
  • Like 1

I have it only on the community server i play on. When i wanna join the server, hè is loading, and when hè is connecting to the server, DayZ jumps back to the dashboard.

If i join a official server, and then go back to my community server, the problem is solved. I am not near a big base btw! 

With me it get worst everyday i play.

Before i did join another server, and then jumped back in the server i wanna play, and that did work. If i join another server and then leave the server, DayZ jumps also back to the dashboard. I cant play DayZ anymore at this point.

Its really frustrating hope you guys find a fix soon 🙏

• Like 1

On 4/26/2021 at 12:38 PM, Surfjayce said:

Mine only happens in official servers, its happening daily and sometimes multiple times daily. there is no specific locale for this as iv been all over the map looking for a truck.  It most recently happened in the last 20 minutes i managed to log in fine and was just leaving MBVMC walking in a fairly open field area and the game crashed, from that point on when i try to open the server it counts don from 15 but dashboards before it starts. On all occasions i have still been able to log into a community server with no issues. on a few occasions, after iv tried the community server i can then go back to the official and it will sometimes work, like just now for instance, i was able to log into the official server after trying and leaving the community server, however with in less than 20 steps the game crashed again and now continues to dashboard at the end of each 15 second countdown.

Most of the times this has happened it has not been an in game crash that starts it, but it usually starts from just trying to start a game and it counts down 15 seconds then dashboards. but as stated above today has been a mix of in game crashes and 15 second countdown dashboarding.

Im playing on an Xbox Series X with open NAT internet at an average of 75mbps download and 25mbps upload.

Update: after waiting for 10 minutes on dashboard and trying again i was able to open the server and lasted maybe 1 minute before it crashed, i then tried a hard restart of my console, the first attempt at opening the server after this failed, dashboarding after the 15 second timer, i then waited a few minutes and tried again, this time i was successful but once again only managed to walk for about 30 seconds until the game crashed. Today has been the worst its been since i first noticed it last week.

I am having the exact same issues on my Xbox series X. It started out crashing occasionally but now I can't even log into the game at all. I get through the server selection (official server), it starts to load the game and immediately crashes before getting into the game. I've done soft reboots, hard reboots, deleted and reinstalled the game, deleted saved game files... nothing has worked.

I have had this issue too.  I have an Xbox series x.  However, and I say this with caution,  the problem seems to have been solved by removing the game from my external drive and reinstalling the game on the internal drive. I will let you know if it happens again.

iwill also add that, so far, flying vehicles has stopped too…. on Community Servers at least 

Edited by Dude1010
Additional info