Sign in to follow this  
Ag3nt Richt3r

"Unique" solution to discourage DCing to avoid death.

So here I am, sitting at work, talking about my weekend DayZ shenanigans with a co-worker and the topic of DCing during combat to avoid death came up... then it hit me... :idea:

When someone DC's to many times within a short period of time....., whether its server hopping for loot, or to avoid death in combat... they should be respawned as a cute, cuddly, little bunny! AND a bunny that can only be killed by another player. No respawn suicide, they can only respawn as a survivor after being shot, gutted, cooked, and eaten.

Mmmmmmm, bunny steaks.....

Or we could take it a step further, and force them to play as a bunny for an hour or 'logged' game time? :angel:

No because groups would us it as an advantage, get a member to spawn as bunny and use them as a scout and use teamspeak or some other voip to say where other players are in NWAF.

No because groups would us it as an advantage' date=' get a member to spawn as bunny and use them as a scout and use teamspeak or some other voip to say where other players are in NWAF.

[/quote']

Not if said "bunnies" had no control over their own movement. ;)

Being a bunny as scout wouldnt help...they can only see a few fet in front of them at that eye level....

And being a past bunny owner, they really only care about eating drinking, pooping and nibbling on power cords....

...oh and hopping away to avoid being picked up...:)

Interesting, but no. Would be a waste of quips as well, since I'm pretty sure those would vanish into thin air.

Unless the bunny is now carrying all of your gear. If so, that'd be a lucky find for some people. Going for steaks, and leave with NVGs and an M4 SD.

Interesting' date=' but no. Would be a waste of quips as well, since I'm pretty sure those would vanish into thin air.

Unless the bunny is now carrying all of your gear. If so, that'd be a lucky find for some people. Going for steaks, and leave with NVGs and an M4 SD.

[/quote']

Not exactly, Rocket has already stated that he would like to implement a system that kills people for DCing in combat, so their 'quips' would still be on their fly infested corpse. I'm only suggesting that when they respawn, they respawn as a bunny. You could even 'lock' the view to first person to eliminate the chance of people trying to exploit the rabbits into secret "scouts".

What happens if you're joining multiple servers because they all seem to be having performance issues? Or you are finding issues on multiple servers and you're in search of one that performs well?

Personally I think it's too much of a wide scope; many innocent people would be transformed needlessly.

Sorry. :)

There is only 1 solution to disconnectors.

Server specific location.

1. Disconnect to avoid death while in combat = your location is only saved in the server you just disconnected in.

2. Join a new server and you are spawned at the coast like a new character.