Fx7R

Frequent 1PP Official Server Wipes will make me go

Disappointed with your goal of frequent wipes on officials every 3-4 months, which could be the thing that turns me away from the game :

Long term persistence and 1st person servers are the reasons why I keep playing.

On playstation, i'm kind of forced to play only on officials because there are close to zero 1st person community servers (or it's servers like airfield deathmatch and stuff).

Even though not ever getting assault rifles because of the economy tricked by dupers is annoying, (dupers being obviously the real problem everyone is complaining of) knowing I will lose all my work every 4 months or so takes all the fun and purpose for me.

Will give a go at Rust I guess.

Regards

• Like 1

I don't build bases so it doesn't really bother me but I can see how some people might not like it. Similar to you I only play official first person because there are no decent survival servers on xbox. I don't recall them saying wipes that often, just that a couple of the updates might include a wipe so no hard info on that yet. I don't see why they can't have separate servers. So they could for example have four first person servers where two would be persistent and the other two wiped every quarter. 

hello.

my character was alive since dayz 1.0....!!!!

devs just fck killed it on 1.11 wipe...!

and now they want to kill every survivor after 3 months of playing - this is fck joke...!!!!!!!!!

me and 9 other players stop playing this crap...

dayz no more.... fck this game..

surviving game = survive for as long as possible, but acording to devs survivng = survive untill devs will fck kill you after 3 months.... bbbuuuuuaaaahhhaaaahhaaaaa....

what a shit...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

@DayzDayzFanboy

Quote from the article (https://dayz.com/article/developer-update/DayZ-in-2021) published 48h ago : "Our plan is to release four more game updates this year. And in an effort to breathe fresh air into the official hive, we’ve also decided to incorporate semi-regular wipes of character and server persistence files (bases, vehicles, etc.). We won’t be doing these wipes with every update, but we do want to make sure there’s an ending (and a new beginning) every 3-4 months."

My main point is that people who are ok with 3rd person and dislike the idea of frequent wipes can turn to community servers; which isn't possible for 1st person. At least on consoles. 

I like your idea of seperating servers with/without server wipes. Would be great.

Anyway, I think they really have to consider options to save the 1st person in particular and try keep the small 1PP player base they have.

I have friends who will also stop playing if this goes this way. Might be the case for many.

Regards.

Edited by Fx7R
  • Like 1
  • Beans 1

5 minutes ago, Fx7R said:

@DayzDayzFanboy

Quote from the article (https://dayz.com/article/developer-update/DayZ-in-2021) published 48h ago : "Our plan is to release four more game updates this year. And in an effort to breathe fresh air into the official hive, we’ve also decided to incorporate semi-regular wipes of character and server persistence files (bases, vehicles, etc.). We won’t be doing these wipes with every update, but we do want to make sure there’s an ending (and a new beginning) every 3-4 months."

My main point is that people who are ok with 3rd person and dislike the idea of frequent wipes can turn to community servers; which isn't possible for 1st person. At least on consoles. 

I like your idea of seperating servers with/without server wipes. Would be great.

Anyway, I think they really have to consider options to save the 1st person in particular and try keep the small 1PP player base they have.

I have friends who will also stop playing if this goes this way. Might be the case for many.

Regards.

Yeah, I think I remembered it saying an update every 3-4 months and occasional wipe. Absolutely understand your point of view. First person servers are thin on the ground. As are servers without boosted loot. Sometimes I play on 3pp servers and just stay in 1pp because its the only way to find a populated server. But, of course, this puts you at a disadvantage. 

• Like 1

Yeah tried that a few times too. Promised myself not to do it again after getting pre-shot a few times.

I wonder how can people enjoy 3rd person PvP. Makes no sense to me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/03/2021 at 09:22, Fx7R said:

Decepcionado com sua meta de frequentes apagamentos de funcionários a cada 3-4 meses, o que pode ser o que me afasta do jogo:

Persistência de longo prazo e servidores de 1ª pessoa são as razões pelas quais continuo jogando.

No playstation, sou meio que forçado a jogar apenas com oficiais porque há quase zero servidores de comunidade de 1ª pessoa (ou seus servidores, como deathmatch no campo de aviação e outras coisas).

Mesmo que nunca receber rifles de assalto por causa da economia enganada por ladrões seja irritante (os ladrões são obviamente o verdadeiro problema de que todos estão reclamando) saber que vou perder todo o meu trabalho a cada 4 meses ou mais exige toda a diversão e propósito para mim.

Vou dar uma chance em Rust, eu acho.

Cumprimentos

i'm playing on a pve server, i think the best server i've ever played so far, it's totally vanilla i've been on it for 2 weeks, i already have 2 big bases, i'm loving playing, kinda with nothing to do now since i have almost everything , but every week there are events created by the adms to compensate for the lack of pvp, so it's okay, the construction mode is very limited, you can't even build anywhere, due to terrain deformations, so the bases of the game are always in the same places, mainly inside houses.

On 10/03/2021 at 14:00, cezary gaska said:

Olá.

meu personagem estava vivo desde o dayz 1.0 .... !!!!

devs apenas fck matou em 1.11 wipe ...!

e agora eles querem matar todos os sobreviventes após 3 meses de jogo - isso é uma piada fck ... !!!!!!!!!

eu e outros 9 jogadores paramos de jogar essa merda ...

dia não mais .... fck este jogo ..

sobrevivendo ao jogo = sobreviver por tanto tempo quanto possível, mas de acordo com devs survivng = sobreviver até que os devs vão matá-lo após 3 meses .... bbbuuuuuaaaahhhaaaahhaaaaa ....

que merda ... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they say they want a new start, that you always start over, only, it doesn’t make sense for me to start over for no reason, the game doesn’t reward you in any way to start over, and always naked, it takes you 2 hours to find a gun and more 2 hours to find ammunition, it is very bad to start over, if they get better somehow I think it would be worth it, but the character always appears starving, you waste a lot of time depending on the server to find food, it is VERY BORING.