UntilValhalla27

Assortment of Additions

An assortment of what I believe to be much needed additions. Please feel free to add on. 

Vehicle Covers: Using either tarps or camo netting, we should be able to cover up our cars when we're not using them. 

Digital GPS: An electronic GPS that shows a topographical map complete with city names, custom waypoints, your position, and any other GPS synced with a 6 digit code. 

Broadcast Tower (Building): A player built radio tower that can be used to broadcast a repeating message across the map. Built similar to a flagpole but with new material specifically for the Broadcast Tower and a Field Radio at its base for selecting the channel you broadcast on. Gives the Handheld transceiver and Field Radio use again. The further from the signal the less clear the broadcast comes through. 

Improvised Explosives: An assortment of new components that can be used to craft a few Improvised explosives. Typically less effective than grenades and much heavier. 

IR Laser Designator: A laser that can only be seen while using NVG. Can either be handheld or mounted anywhere a Universal Flashlight can. Use it to communicate with teammates or intimidate enemies.  

Tire Spikes: Found in police stations, a rolled up bundle of tire spikes that can be placed as a defense or for ambushing vehicles. Ruins tires of vehicles that roll over it. 

Defibrillator & Adrenaline Shot: A players only chance of overcoming death, when used quickly enough another player can use the defibrillator to try to bring you back. It isnt a guarantee but it provides a chance. Using an adrenaline shot during the defibrillator process increases chances of success. Player will have short period to bandage wounds and replenish blood or the will die for good. Doesnt work on headshot-killed players. 

Spotlight & Chainlink Fence: A placeable spotlight that when hooked to a generator, provides a powerful beam of light that can be aimed in specific directions. Rolled up chainlink fencing can be found in industrial areas. Chainlink fences come in 3 sizes for fence kits. Small (about half a wood wall), Medium (same as a wood wall), and Large (a wood wall and a half). Also a chainlink gate variant that opens from the middle. Much weaker to damage with a single grenade being enough but a car battery can be hooked to it to deal a small amount of damage to those who touch it. 

Bivy Tent: A very lightweight and small tent. A player cannot move inside it, they must interact with it to get inside. Laying inside of it players will be protected from rain and cold. When packed up it takes up relatively little space.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UntilValhalla27 said:

Vehicle Covers: Using either tarps or camo netting, we should be able to cover up our cars when we're not using them. 

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2303483532

Digital GPS: An electronic GPS that shows a topographical map complete with city names, custom waypoints, your position, and any other GPS synced with a 6 digit code. 

its few years after some "apocalypse"(virus etc..) so the only electronics which would work on a place like chernarus is something simple like generators, vehicles, lights, maybe some computer from the 90’s etc.

and it would completly destroy the immersion/lore

but there are some mods for that, for example https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2381686295

Broadcast Tower (Building): A player built radio tower that can be used to broadcast a repeating message across the map. Built similar to a flagpole but with new material specifically for the Broadcast Tower and a Field Radio at its base for selecting the channel you broadcast on. Gives the Handheld transceiver and Field Radio use again. The further from the signal the less clear the broadcast comes through. 

Altar radio tower(radio zenit) works like that, as for something "player built", it would need to be really large/built really high to work across whole map(lorewise)

Improvised Explosives: An assortment of new components that can be used to craft a few Improvised explosives. Typically less effective than grenades and much heavier. 

there was an option to make a grenade traps, unfortunately nearly 2,5 years after "release" we still dont have more then 75% of content we had back

IR Laser Designator: A laser that can only be seen while using NVG. Can either be handheld or mounted anywhere a Universal Flashlight can. Use it to communicate with teammates or intimidate enemies.  

nothing wrong about that

all of the other things - could work, but there are more important things the game needs before that

tbh the most important thing the game needs is being actually finished, it’s nearly 2,5 years after release from early access and we are still missing 80% stuff/mechanics we already had or were promised, and the 20% we have is 50% broken

Edited by TheSzepy

On 2/28/2021 at 2:44 AM, TheSzepy said:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2303483532

its few years after some "apocalypse"(virus etc..) so the only electronics which would work on a place like chernarus is something simple like generators, vehicles, lights, maybe some computer from the 90’s etc.

and it would completly destroy the immersion/lore

but there are some mods for that, for example https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2381686295

Altar radio tower(radio zenit) works like that, as for something "player built", it would need to be really large/built really high to work across whole map(lorewise)

there was an option to make a grenade traps, unfortunately nearly 2,5 years after "release" we still dont have more then 75% of content we had back

nothing wrong about that

all of the other things - could work, but there are more important things the game needs before that

tbh the most important thing the game needs is being actually finished, it’s nearly 2,5 years after release from early access and we are still missing 80% stuff/mechanics we already had or were promised, and the 20% we have is 50% broken

Thanks for your input. I suppose its important to note that I play on console so mods aren't an option for myself and many others, these were things I was aware that there were mods for but was hoping to see in vanilla. (I would have mentioned helicopters/bycicles but they're suggested often and the state of vehicles is far from stable) now, I disagree with your statement regarding the GPS. While I would agree with complex electronics not working anymore, offline GPS' are surprisingly simple. Basically digital maps with instruments for detecting direction and speed (I use one while hunting frequently, they're rugged and very reliable. I have one that's 8 years old that I've dropped countless times, once off a small cliff on a hiking trail and another time into some Rapids I was crossing). I dont necessarily think itd break immersion anymore than using iZurvive or other 3rd party maps that everyone uses, which is my main complaint. As for the Broadcasting tower, I'm aware of Altar as well as the Broadcasting systems found in several towns but neither quite capture the concept I'm describing. Firstly, I want to record a message (perhaps to tell listeners they can contact you for help or to warn others to stay away) that will consistently repeat even when I'm not there and is hooked up to a generator for power. I want there to be reason to use my handheld transceiver again to communicate with other players. I've been playing for years and I dont think I've ever heard someone using one and I turn mine on often. As for how tall its be, you're right, it would have to be very tall to cover the map. Perhaps an elevation mechanic could be introduced that implements a players height/broadcasting towers height as a factor for effective range. Ex. A broadcasting tower built on top of a building or hill has further range than one built at sea level. As for your note on improvised explosives, ever since grenades became the main way to raid bases they're being hoarded by all the large groups in game. While I think the loot system should be revised considering hoarders and dupers, I think itd be great if we could craft our own explosives (maybe a gas canister + a makeshift fuse?) 

Lastly, I %100 agree that there are many important things that need to be addressed especially the massive amount of missing content. These were just things that I had been thinking of while stuck in a very, very long sniper situation and thought I'd suggest them and get some feedback. Thanks bud!

• Beans 1

36 minutes ago, UntilValhalla27 said:

I dont necessarily think itd break immersion anymore than using iZurvive or other 3rd party maps that everyone uses, which is my main complaint.

I personally dont use these web maps,

1.) i played a lot(few thousand hours) on an original A2 chernarus and already a numerous hundereds on the chernarus+, so i can navigate on it being literally blind

2.) as i said, it breaks the "immersion" for me, even when i play on private server(the feeling that you "accomplished" something without external help, in this case going from 1 place to another without getting lost, in some way you can look at the izurvive map as some kind of cheat)

but the "offline gps" is not that bad idea considering the online maps such as izurvive

24 minutes ago, TheSzepy said:

I personally dont use these web maps,

1.) i played a lot(few thousand hours) on an original A2 chernarus and already a numerous hundereds on the chernarus+, so i can navigate on it being literally blind

2.) as i said, it breaks the "immersion" for me, even when i play on private server(the feeling that you "accomplished" something without external help, in this case going from 1 place to another without getting lost, in some way you can look at the izurvive map as some kind of cheat)

but the "offline gps" is not that bad idea considering the online maps such as izurvive

I %100 get where your coming from. I just have yet to meet a player not using a 3rd party map so I figure might as well, right? But I figure someone with as much experience as you MUST have some ideas for things to be implemented that arent things that were initially in the game then removed? Always enjoy listening to the opinions of veteran players!

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, UntilValhalla27 said:

I %100 get where your coming from. I just have yet to meet a player not using a 3rd party map so I figure might as well, right? But I figure someone with as much experience as you MUST have some ideas for things to be implemented that arent things that were initially in the game then removed? Always enjoy listening to the opinions of veteran players!

personally for me the biggest thing the game lacks(if we dont count the removed/not yet added/broken stuff) is some kind of endgame/deeper content/features, right now without heavy modifications the game is just "slower PUBG", which is just wrong on so many levels compared to "original idea" of Dean Hall’s DayZ

edit:

if you have time, go watch the three video "essay" about dayz which was made by sovietwomble, basicly everything which needs to be said about everything wrong with dayz(and it’ develompent) is there, he’s one of the biggest Ytubers/streamers who made the original dayz mod so popular: 

Edited by TheSzepy