KING Dee

Is anyone else having more problems after 1.11 patch

Question

I don’t see anyone else saying it, but it seems to me that yet again there are more things broken than fixed after this update (update 1.11).

after a couple of days playing on the new updated 1.11 I’m pretty sure it’s worse than before. I’ve had loads of issues with cooking in ovens in houses. It’s really clunky, the cooking/smoking compartments don’t show sometimes. I’ve put chicken on to cook and the chickens just disappeared and lost.

the arrow up for heating your body when your standing right infront of a blazing hot fire doesn’t seem to work properly, it keeps showing an arrow down, then suddenly you get the + sign, surely the arrow should point up the whole time your standing or crouching infront of the fire.

also, I accidentally ate some food with bloody hands, got ill, took loads of meds, I mean loads of every med in the game because no matter what the icon would not go away.

I died in the end and I was pretty well geared do bit annoying.

1. I hope these game breaking problems are fixed within weeks.

2. There’s not a lot of people playing on Xbox official servers anymore because of the constant broken updates, with game breaking glitches like flying cars, duping and now you can’t even cook your food.

I’ll soon be giving up on this game too like so many others.

sort it Devs, and quick, or just give up because there won’t be anyone playing soon.

4 answers to this question

I've noticed a few issues like desync (they are still working on that) server performance, (esp with cars...still) and server crashes. But fortunately have had no issues with fireplaces in houses...capture a vid of it happening and send it to the devs, (xbox will save 2min of past gameplay in one capture) little things like that help them solve pesky issues!

• Thanks 1

I’m also finding that since the update I can’t take stuff from a killed infected straight to my inventory, I have to take it to hands first, which means I have to drop or put my weapon into my inventory, take the zombies item to hands, put that to my inventory then put my weapon back into my hands. Risky in a high pop area.

I’m going to try a hard reboot of my Xbox tomorrow. If it’s the same after then I may just wait for the next update before I play again.

I enjoy this game when it mostly works 😔

This so called "Stability Update" is a mess on console imo... Some of the patch notes and fixes are great and much appreciated but the devs still haven't fixed or at least improved server performance (please hire someone that is able to work on the server performance/fps), cars, Item/Inventory desync and performance issues. I'm running DayZ on a Series X and Chenarus @1080/1440p runs mostly fine but in 4k and Livonia (in general) runs "very very bad" performance wise!!

Then some of the old bugs were introduced with this update (e.g. you can't loot items from zeds straight away and most of the times you can't loot guns of players back by pressing the action or equip button). For those 2 problems there are workarounds but I wonder how you guys (BI) can call this update a "stability" one when it reintroduced old bugs and doesn't do "anything for the general stability in the game except the wipe of official servers because of the (still ongoing) massive duping issue (which btw still hasn't been fixed!!!!)...

😣

@Devs

Please fix/improve DayZ for us console players by at least fixing "some" of the most annoying console related problems:

1. Add/Tweak Sensitivity options (at least fix the iron sight/scope sensitivity issue)!!!

2. Give Community Server admins access to init.c (they pay alot for their servers and deserve to get access to init.c)

3. Add/introduce the "double tap to always talk option" on Xbox so we don't need to hold down the damn push to talk button the whole time when talking to other survivors (please do it like with the Playstation version where you are able to double tap the voice button to enable "always talk")

I'm not even asking/begging you here to fix cars or suddenly major improve the performance (issues) on old and weak hardware (PS4/Xbox One) but at least work and announce a next-gen console version of DayZ that make use of the up-to-date/potent hardware of the Xbox Series X and PS5. Oh and please fix/optimise the server side/performance of your game once you on it!!!

I've sold my PS5 so I can't judge DayZ on PS5 anymore but when I've played it the last time on PS5 it was still "30fps" which is a real shame in my opinion and a slap in the face for every PS5 player out there.

Anyway please keep up the work devs and please don't forget about us console players! I would highly suggest that you devs actually play DayZ on console for a couple of hours "as a normal survivor" and see for yourself how frustrating these console issues can be...

Thanks for your time and effort! ❤️