Wavydavey

what is better to start playing dayz.. PS4 or xbox

really want t start playing game but cant afford a PC or new console, what would i have better luck buying for running the game an xbox or ps4, and which model?.. any help would be appreciated!

I know a while back, a lot of people were complaining that ps4 had a lot of issues but couldn't say how it is now. I play on xbox one with ssd and don't have any major issues

Xbox is pretty good. There's no other game quite like it on the platform. Right now it's free to download with Game Pass.

@DayzDayzFanboy yes i heard that running an zbox one with an ssd is the way to go.. what kind of ssd do you use?

My buddy switched from PS to Xbox because he said the game ran better in x box. I believe my friend and others should too. 

2 hours ago, Wavydavey said:

@DayzDayzFanboy yes i heard that running an zbox one with an ssd is the way to go.. what kind of ssd do you use?

Not even sure what type. It's black! I think it's 2gb but I could be wrong. I'm not very literate on computer things. But it was the cheapest one that argos sold about five years ago! 

On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2021 at 5:03 PM, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Not even sure what type. It's black! I think it's 2gb but I could be wrong. I'm not very literate on computer things. But it was the cheapest one that argos sold about five years ago! 

do you use a regular xbox one? not the s or x

1 hour ago, Wavydavey said:

do you use a regular xbox one? not the s or x

Just an og xbox one

3 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Just an og xbox one

and with the ssd it runs pretty good?

Get a xbox one X or a newer series s/x if you can afford it. The better frame rates will be worth it. A ssd helps but really it boils down to the server your playing on. The closer it is to you the better. Most official servers run ok but some are better then others. Community servers are all over the place...from totally unplayable to super stable. The ones with buried loot disabled and lightly modded are running quite smooth these days. 

So basically, get the best console you can afford and server hop till you find a few that run nice...

One last free tip, trust no one in Dayz...ever! Lol.