Wavydavey

want to start playing game, cant afford pc, so xbox or ps4?

never played the game but am hooked on the videos on youtube, so i really want to start playing but i cant afford a pc right now or any of the newer consoles, so what would i be better off with a PS4 or a xbox for playing day z, any input would be greatly appreciated! thanks

I wouldn't buy a particular console based on one game but if it was a toss up between the two, XB1 may be a better performer in that regard. 

If you're looking at next gen, either the XBX or PS5 would do notably better although DayZ on PS5 is currently capped at 30 FPS. ....but that's not due to a limitation of the hardware.  BI can make the necessary changes to allow the PS5 to run the game at higher frame rates within the backward compatible format and they just might in the future.  They have said they are entertaining the idea of a next gen version so who knows.

In either case, the game still has glitches / bugs that persist on console regardless.  ....the next gens will just run it better so at least those performance issues simply aren't as big of a problem.  

Personally, I'm on PS4 and the frame rate drops can be annoying as well as the bugs.  I'm still looking for a PS5.  Playing DayZ at a consistent 30FPS would be a huge improvement in itself.  I was watching a couple YT videos showing PS5 gameplay in various scenarios with the frame rate shown on the screen.  It rarely deviated from 30 FPS even in the large cities, with swarms of zombies, etc.  ....and when it did drop, it was maybe a couple FPS at worst which was really imperceptible.  Driving was also improved in those scenarios but that's no guarantee that would would be a consistent result for everyone.   

Yea i came across the videos on youtube and was instantly hooked, i want to play this game so bad lol.. and yes i am aware if i get a ps4 or xb1 that it will be laggy and not the greatest but still playable? i cant afford a new console.. i wish lol i watch a couple people on youtube that are playing on the ps5 and it does look amazing. 

I stopped playing video games a while ago, i was hooked on COD mw4 when it came out but then fell off, i still own a xbox 360 lol. Just watching the videos of Dayz from all these youtubers has me hooked i need this game in my life! just trying to figure out what system i would have better luck with running this game.. like if one runs smoother than the other. 

Thank you for your input tho, much appreciated 

No problem.  

For what it's worth, I *think* the XB1 would be the better between the two to run DayZ just from what I've seen people say.  They apparently don't suffer from as many of the problems some PS4 users do  then again, I've learned that if the old saying "your mileage may vary" ever to applied to a scenario, this is it.  Not everyone on PS4 suffers from the same common issues and I'm assuming it's the same on XB1.  I guess for you, it's just a matter of which one has fewer instances of these problems and I'm afraid I can't answer that with any certainty.

Personally, I run a private server on the PS4 version.  It's a love / hate relationship though.

hahah well said, thank you for your help! should be grabbing one soon ill let u know what I choose!

• Like 1

Definitely works great on PS5, have been playing on it for a month now.

The game looks amazing, runs smoothly and much more detailed especially on a 4k TV

Definitely would recommend playing on a next gen to anyone.

Hi, I'm playing dayz on ps5 since November 19, and if it works a little better but the cars continue to fail both on the official server and on my private server, I have a 1gb fiber connection, a very good ping and it continues to fail . ps: sorry, my English I use a translator.

Not sure. I haven't tested cars since the server wipe on official servers.

But on community servers with 60 players, cars work great for me.

May I ask, what is your targeted upstream speed of your Internet connection?

2 hours ago, etaab said:

Not sure. I haven't tested cars since the server wipe on official servers.

But on community servers with 60 players, cars work great for me.

May I ask, what is your targeted upstream speed of your Internet connection?

cars on official are absolutely dreadful since 1.11 dropped.

@rackinglad27 i literally just moved so dont have own wifi set up yet, but i do get a xfinity connection but its fluctuates between like 2.5 to 15ish lol, dont think ill get much playtime with that connection

Edited by Wavydavey

I'm far from a network expert, but a good few megabit upload is usually needed for a stable connection. I get about 15mb up, which isn't massive but enough to support online gaming.

Just..