DayzDayzFanboy

Peace on the beaches

It's quite a while since I've been on the beach on an official server. I loaded up my official server character yesterday and meandered South till I found myself at balota. I decided I'd follow the coast all the way to the North of the map as I haven't seen other players in a while. 

Met two guys, one yank and one rusky, at the water pump just at the North West outskirts of cherno. Both friendly. Helped them out with some food and chatted a minute before carrying on. Bumped into another guy, fairly fresh spawn at elektro. Chatted for a minute and gave him a steak. Carried on and bumped into another player, fully geared at the west edge of elektro docks. He didn't speak and back off so I left him to it. He was travelling same direction and kept his distance. Eventually he doubled back towards elektro. Met another random semi geared at berezino. Said hello, we traded some minor bits and bobs. 

I guess I was surprised. Was expecting bloodbath in solnichy or a shovel to the face if nothing else. Never heard a gunshot in three hours. Maybe everyone has settled down with a wife and kids now! 

Edited by DayzDayzFanboy

10 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

It's quite a while since I've been on the beach on an official server. I loaded up my official server character yesterday and meandered South till I found myself at balota. I decided I'd follow the coast all the way to the North of the map as I haven't seen other players in a while. 

Met two guys, one yank and one rusky, at the water pump just at the North West outskirts of cherno. Both friendly. Helped them out with some food and chatted a minute before carrying on. Bumped into another guy, fairly fresh spawn at elektro. Chatted for a minute and gave him a steak. Carried on and bumped into another player, fully geared at the west edge of elektro docks. He didn't speak and back off so I left him to it. He was travelling same direction and kept his distance. Eventually he doubled back towards elektro. Met another random semi geared at berezino. Said hello, we traded some minor bits and bobs. 

I guess I was surprised. Was expecting bloodbath in solnichy or a shovel to the face if nothing else. Never heard a gunshot in three hours. Maybe everyone has settled down with a wife and kids now! 

I have a one year old so my play sessions usually are pretty short with having to do the IRL stuff.  I play alone, so usually avoid contact and just have little session goals...like build a fire in a scenic location, scour the edge of the map for stashed loot, search for specific items, etc.  I live a simple life.  

As of recent, surprisingly, the geared people I meet have been friendly and the fresh spawns want to take me out seeing they having nothing to lose.  Target of opportunity I guess.  I’m sure the dynamic will change, always does.  Never know what you’re gonna get.

I had an encounter on the beach. He didn't speak and was dodgy. I could tell he was eyeing of my goodies. After he circled around for a bit, he started attacking with fists so I pulled out a spanner and beat him to death with it.