Sign in to follow this  
Adamw110990

Issue with talking in game.

Hi everyone, 

I am playing DayZ on pc using a turtlebeach headset with a splitter so it plugs into my headphone and microphone jack. When testing my microphone on the pc settings and in apps such as teamspeak etc the microphone works but when trying to talk in DayZ, no one can hear me even when I have the little microphone symbol up on the left. 

Anyone have any ideas of a solution for this please?

To access and customize app volume and device preferences, do the following:
- Open Settings.
- Click on System
- Click on Sound.
Under "Other sound options," click the App volume and device preferences option.

app-volume-device-preferences_sound_sett

At the bottom of the page, you can adjust volume for specific apps and system sounds as a percentage of the master volume. When the game is running, there will be an icon of the game. Set up a recording and sound output device for the game, change the default to the choice of sound device. Once the settings are complete, close the windows and restart the game.

app-volume-device-preferences_settings.j

Thanks mate! I have been racking my brain to get this sorted and was tempted to buy a new mic to try... just did what you have recommended, both input and output were on default so have changed them and will give it a try! Thanks.