TayAI

New on Xbox and desparate for pliers

hi, I'm new and playing on Xbox official servers. I've been trying to find pliers now for two weeks, and it's limiting my enjoyment now, all I can do is search and store some loot in a barrel I managed to hide. Does anyone know a sure fire place, or maybe have a spare? I'm online most every day (EU time zones).

Thanks!

2 hours ago, TayAI said:

hi, I'm new and playing on Xbox official servers. I've been trying to find pliers now for two weeks, and it's limiting my enjoyment now, all I can do is search and store some loot in a barrel I managed to hide. Does anyone know a sure fire place, or maybe have a spare? I'm online most every day (EU time zones).

Thanks!

Lol, I find them all the time and don't need them! Typical of the dayz gods. But next time I'm on, if I find some I'll  message you. Hopefully you'll have found some before then though! 

I'm guessing you've looked in the usual places, sheds, garages, industrial buildings etc. 

Edited by DayzDayzFanboy

34 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Lol, I find them all the time and don't need them! Typical of the dayz gods. But next time I'm on, if I find some I'll  message you. Hopefully you'll have found some before then though! 

I'm guessing you've looked in the usual places, sheds, garages, industrial buildings etc. 

Tay4evah on xbox, thanks!

• Like 1

final update: after some digging I found how I can improve my chances, considerably it seems. My hideout and barrel collection 🙂 are currently adjacent to a city ("Town" according to the game files at https://github.com/BohemiaInteractive/DayZ-Central-Economy/blob/master/dayzOffline.enoch/db/types.xml

Pliers are limited to Industrial, Farm and Village. So, I have to focus on sheds etc. in Villages instead of the Town I am almost entirely scavenging in... They don't have a Tier assigned (I think this is limited to Weapons) meaning any village from the coast to the north west should be good.

See excerpt below for the Pliers entry:

<type name="Pliers">
<nominal>40</nominal>
<lifetime>14400</lifetime>
<restock>0</restock>
<min>25</min>
<quantmin>-1</quantmin>
<quantmax>-1</quantmax>
<cost>100</cost>
<flags count_in_cargo="0" count_in_hoarder="0" count_in_map="1" count_in_player="0" crafted="0" deloot="0"/>
<category name="tools"/>
<usage name="Industrial"/>
<usage name="Farm"/>
<usage name="Village"/>

Wish me luck!