etaab

Landmine persistence

Hey. Has landmine persistence time been dramatically increased ? I got shot at the weekend when I randomly ran into a guy in the woods.

I returned to the spot I got killed at 3 days later and got blown up by a landmine killing me a second time. The spot I got killed is fairly off the beaten track but it seems more than coincidence someone would place a landmine at the exact spot I died at, days earlier.

More coincidental as there's not really anything there but woods and rocks, its just a place I pass through on a normal route id take on my way around the map. There's no buried stashes there or signs of other player activity.

It surely can't be coincidence. I'm thinking the guy who shot me planted a mine and left it there 3 days earlier.

Thoughts ?

probably planted more then one at the time and you hit one...

landmines will stay active if under a flag indefinitely if im not mistaken but correct me if im mislead... but i do not know the persistance time of them when not under a flag.. i know we had some set that weren't under a flag and they disappeared... unfortunately we did not know when hehe

This forum is dead and BI is MIA in regards to help around here.

I'll try to help you out though....  I looked in the "types" file since I'm currently renting a server and it appears the landmine has a lifetime of 604800 seconds which is 7 days.  Now, how or if that changes when next to or under a flag, etc., I don't know.   Also, I know the persistence period depends on if the items are interacted with which (as I understand) resets the time again.  .....but I don't think landmines are the kind of thing you want to interact with ince set.  😉 

Sorry.  I know this isn't much help but its what I got. 

No thats good help, better than none at all so thanks.

We've stopped renting a server so couldn't check the timer on mines. I didnt even think to do that either.

I'd bet that he knew I would come back for my gear and so left the mine to be spiteful, but probably didn't expect me to return a few days later. I couldn't believe it when I died the second time to the mine, I'd spent days rebuilding my character to lose him instantly when I returned.

I do believe the persistency of mines has been dramatically increased and the tell tale ticking of the mine has either been removed or made much quieter.

Thanks all.

• Like 1

On 12/17/2020 at 12:19 AM, etaab said:

I do believe the persistency of mines has been dramatically increased and the tell tale ticking of the mine has either been removed or made much quieter.

Thanks all.

The persistence of just about everything was dramatically increased.  I can even tell with items I drop that remain in the game world long after they would have normally despawned.  Cool in some ways but bothersome in others.  .....but I've tweaked my servers files so the game plays the way we like.  

I'm just glad it seems the damage on the M3S trucks has been nerfed or suspended as I've been experiencing the "vehicle flipping" glitch far more often after the big update for some reason.  I already died once in an Olga because of it but have yet to in an M3S.  Collisions also don't seem to affect them which is nice for now.  Personally, I think they should take that into account while the bugs still exist. I have no problem from dying due to my own stupidity, the elements, at another players hands, etc., but it really suck dying due to bugs.