Sign in to follow this  
Kean__1

12/8/20: Vehicle Issues Since the Last Update(s)

For the past few days or so I have noticed an increase in vehicle glitches that include:

1)  The long standing bouncing issue including clipping through the map.

2)  Stutters and "rubberbanding".

3)  Items stuck in inventory.

The bouncing issue shouldn't need any introduction.  It's been discussed ad nauseum but if needed I can find video clips from others that will illustrate exactly what we are experiencing on my server. 

This is one issue that has always been a problem but was relatively rare.  However, over the last few days after the updates, I have been having it fairly consistently in our sessions.  SeI had it happen in an Olga that spun violently in the air as I was driving over a curb at low speed.  Unfortunately, it resulted in my characters death.  When I finally made it back there my old character was gone but the car was still drivable. ......I lost all my good gear that was on my dead body though.

We 've had several instances since then but last night was the worst.  I was in a truck and it began to bounce wildly in the air while driving through a town.  It eventually clipped below the map and into water.  With some manipulation of the controls for around 10 minutes I was able to make the truck work it's way back on top of the road surface where I could turn off the engine and step out.  I found a safe spot, logged out, reset the server and logged back in.  Everything was "ok" at that point at least to the extent that I could drive the truck out of there. 

It seems that is the only way to really reset this problem when it occurs and even then, there is no guarantee it won't happen again in the session.  I guess the only saving grace is that it seems injuries are disabled for the trucks otherwise I would have likely died just as I easily did in the Olga several days earlier.  

Again, this is not a new problem but one that seems to have become worse in recent days when before it was much less frequent and quite rare by comparison.  Rubberbanding persists where it will suddenly feel as if you're driving in mud and then released.  At times, it's much worse and your transported sideways or other directions from your intended course as if the game is out of synch with your inputs.  What my friend might see is different than what I do when driving.  This also is much worse now than it used to be.

As for items being stuck in inventory, I think this is a global thing as I have noticed when looting now, sometimes I can't add things to my inventory using the square button.  However, occasionally I am able to equip to hands first (X button) and then use square to get it in my inventory.  Inventory irregularities have always been a problem in some form or another and this seems to be a bit of a twist on the old issue.  Also, scrolling through the inventory on vehicles and in other instances seems to be worse where you can't scroll down and have to cycle through inventories or scroll up, etc. to get it to work.  

I thought I was able to capture video last night of the incident with my truck flipping around in the air and clipping through the map but apparently, my settings are screwed up on my PS4.  I lost the footage.  If I can capture some of these problems and share, I will but I'm really hoping someone at BI will at least acknowledge these problems and give us an idea if they are being worked on. 

These are things I thought BI was focusing on this year.  I really wish the group would be more interactive with their customer base as you were when DayZ was being launched for PS4.  I would love to see the studio hold Q&As to answer questions from your fans and address concerns, future plans, etc.  It would go a long way to building trust and quelling concerns about issues being ignored, etc.

I can't speak for others but I'm willing to help BI get to the bottom of some of these issues I and some other have been experiencing.  Let me know what I can do to assist.  What do you want to know that you think would be useful in determining the root cause of some of these issues?  Tell me and I'll do what I can to help you make this game what we all know it could be. 

I'm sure many others feel the same way.  I'd sure feel a lot better about getting behind BI and this product if we had more communication from the studio and a show of willingness to work together with its community.

• Thanks 1

Please, no need to write in this thread - "you need to look for the best server".
If you want to write this, do not forget to publish the characteristics of the server and its communication channel. And attach a link with a video about driving a car on such a server with at least 30+ players.
Or give the address of the server where you can try driving a car without lag.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Lex but yes, I don't mind hearing other experiences on the issues.  I understand some don't have the same problems but we also can't dismiss that there are a lot of factors that could be involved here.  This is where I hope (wish) BI would better tap into their customer base to gather details that might help determine the root cause of some of these issues.  

I used to have freezing while driving but after I bought an external SSD, that went away for the most part.  Conversely, my friend who plays on my rented server still has the problem and can't drive more then 20 KPH without fear of crashing.  On the other hand, I can typically drive as fast as conditions allow.  ......I used to be in the same boat as him btw.  Both of us are on the original PS4 systems otherwise and these issues persist whether it's just us on my own server or large public servers.

When the Livonia DLC was released, I drove any car, all over the map, like in the NasCar races. I was able to develop great speed and was not afraid to fly into a ditch. I have a pretty good PC and internet to get 80-120 FPS.
I am not satisfied with the very way of handling the desynchronization event with the server. Sometimes there is no desynchronization with the server, for a long time. Desynchronization with the server sometimes happens rarely, sometimes often. I've always heard from the players that my car is stationary. It annoys me that on the client side, I am not able to stay on the surface of the landscape, stop the movement of the car and turn off the engine to avoid an accident.
On the client's side, I can crash a car by penetrating any texture, instantly find myself hundreds of meters away in the water, or die. A client-side flying car is capable of causing unintentional damage to other players after synchronizing with the server.
The only server that lacks the desynchronization effect is the server on my PC, in offline mission mode.
This raises my questions:
1. Why is a powerful server on the network unable to process reliably synchronization with a client, with a ping of up to 30ms, while the client has 120 FPS and the Internet is up to 100MB? Why does the game mechanics reproduce an absurd scenario on the client and transmit the result of this absurd scenario to the server?
2. How on the server, cars without a driver fly on the side of all clients?
3. Until when will the server side of the game use the server hardware resources modestly?
4. How long will server tenants spend a lot of money on server rent without being able to get a satisfying gameplay or provide a satisfying gameplay?
5. On the feedback tracker, hundreds of tickets about the problem of desynchronization, and as a result - errors in the interactions of players with different objects. Bohemia, why is there no information on a possible solution to this problem?

• Thanks 1

@lex__1

I feel I just need to point out that I am talking PS4 specifically since we are posting in a PS4 sub-forum but I do like some of your suggestions though and what you bring up applies to both. 

I like the idea about shelving collision damage and resulting death at least until they fix the cars.  Maybe just make it an option on private servers if its not feasible on others.

[RANT] ....and yes, I agree about providing feedback. I have tried to reach out and even submitted detailed reports in the Feedback Tracker offering to provide more information, screenshots, video, etc. with zero reply or even an acknowledgement.  Folks are willing to help but they don't take it or at least show that we are being listened to (at least in regard to our problems).  ....and when folks feel that way they begin to think, what's the point in even bringing it up.

I honestly don't feel BI treats their customers like customers should be. I know they read these forums but their interaction is very targeted in what they are willing to address and how they do it.  I can't help but feel as if there is an air of privilege that should go along with just being engaged by them here.  .....as if we owe them something.  Not what I would consider a good consumer experience to be honest.  I don't know when they will realize we are still here because DayZ is a unique gameplay experience that we want to improve and we want to be a part of.  We just need reciprocity.

As of now, I think this will be the last month I will renew my server (I only started renting again after the last update to see if things have improved).  I never bought Livonia because of the persistent problems we've had with DayZ and the last hope for me sticking with DayZ is if it runs better on PS5 when I am finally able to get my hands on one.  If not, the game is getting uninstalled and shelved again until I see a reason to revisit it. [/RANT]

• Thanks 1