MrMYansen

Warning: You were kicked off the game... ??

Hello,

So, I couldn't really figure out if this was the best place to post this or not, but here goes:

I was wondering if anyone else receive the message: "WARNING: You were kicked off the game" after playing for a while?
It has been a while since I last played (4 weeks or so), back then I didn't receive this message, now I receive it 'all the time'.

It happens anywhere after 1-10 min. after having joined a server, while either running around, sitting still or what ever, all of a sudden I get booted from the game. I don't run any mods and only play on public servers.

I have tried a lot of things to make it work and now I'm wondering if there are anyone out there that has experienced the same issue and found a solution?

Thank you in advance.

It can be misleading because that's the message you receive from a server that shuts down gracefully during its restart, but I believe it may also be related to ping limit -- if your ping spikes occasionally to an ms value higher than what the ping limit is on the server, you'll get kicked for that.

1 hour ago, drgullen said:

It can be misleading because that's the message you receive from a server that shuts down gracefully during its restart, but I believe it may also be related to ping limit -- if your ping spikes occasionally to an ms value higher than what the ping limit is on the server, you'll get kicked for that.

Hey, thanks for the reply. I don't think it is a server restart, it does it too often to be the entire server restarting. I can tell that the server disappears from view when I enter the server list right after being booted, just to reappear 5 sec. later (EDIT: Note that it appears to still have other players on it (Medium to High). I'm leaning more towards the ping bit, however:

My connection shouldn't be the problem, I tried pinging the server (to my best effort) and got a decent response, around 38ms on average, with a max of 65ms?

Edited by MrMYansen
Forgot to add info.

1 hour ago, MrMYansen said:

My connection shouldn't be the problem, I tried pinging the server (to my best effort) and got a decent response, around 38ms on average, with a max of 65ms?

Yeah, I dunno then.  I think it can still be an issue if at some point, you temporarily spike to >300ms but if you're certain that isn't happening in this case, then it must be something else.  I hope you figure it out.