Sign in to follow this  
DoctorScandalous

Having issues with 1.10 on Deer Isle

Ok... so the initial experience when my home vanilla Deer Isle server was a mess right off the bat, which was to be expected. When it was back on 1.09, the gameplay was flawless. Just slick. 

So, here are the symptoms:

• Can't open doors (50% of the time), get the "doorknob rattling" sound, almost as if it were locked (but it's not)
  • Can't put items in hand (95% of the time)
  • Periodically, severe desync (phantom zombie hits, suddenly appearing somewhere I was about 1-2 minutes ago, etc)
  • Health/temperature/hydration meters not being accurate (delayed, as in if I'm losing health from being cold I'll start limping a couple minutes BEFORE the meter shows going red)
  • I'll get that "floating item" label that sticks with me even after I've left the area of the item, and it remains floating around until I try to access the next item
  • If I'm having problems and I re-log, it'll be "better" for a bit but then it essentially becomes broken again

Zinger? Chatting with other people on the server, they're not having any of these issues. Other than some adjustments to their gameplay, they seem to be playing just fine. 

My troubleshooting steps so far:

• Speedtest: 50-60MB down, 15-20MB up, 6-10ms ping
  • Server connection: 150-200ms ping (same or only incrementally worse than prior to the 1.10 update)
  • Uninstalled/reinstalled both DayZ & the Deer Isle mod file (made sure both folders were clean/clear + ran registry cleaner in between)

Any suggestions? 

When you uninstalled, did it remove your DayZ folder in My Documents?  If not, delete that and uninstall/reinstall again.  This will delete your key maps and settings and stuff, so you'll have to set that up again.  I dunno if it will help or not, but you might have something corrupted in your profile folder.